Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RenegadeRows

A review for "The Strap" on BN.com

"It took 9 gallons of water to get this thing down. I haven't notice anything but a bulge in my belly. I'm using a leather jacket for PCT. Great product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ROFLMAO!!!
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

question about overtraining

ive been known to do some crazy workouts. 20+ sets of squats deads stuff like that or 5exercises that press triceps then go and work triceps alone

many call some of this overtraining

wouldnt my body tell me if im overtraining during this time period? or is overtraining perhaps both. lets say my body is healing and recovering fast and rdy for next workout then maybe i aint overtraining. maybe i am? idk just typing away and away to get off the topic of that damn belt hehe

i myself am going crazy trying to find a routine that fits me well. since doing westside im afraid of doing anything thats less. by less i mean only 1-2 muscle groups a day. sure i know i can destroy myself doing 1 muscle group and have in past and enjoyed it but im just afraid of doing it and feeling ther urge to go back and do more. doing chest on lets say monday and having to wait an entire week to do it again just drives me nuts.

a lot of us have to realize something. we cannot workout like pros. some pros workout 2x a day morning and evening many of us cannot do that. we are not paid to workout like they are. so yes i agree pick a routine and just destroy yourself with it.

ok ill shusuh now
      Current LOGS
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...8#post12694688
      http://forums.1fast400.com/?showtopi...0&#entry363619
      http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...2042#post42042

Comment

Originally posted by nycste
        question about overtraining

ive been known to do some crazy workouts. 20+ sets of squats deads stuff like that or 5exercises that press triceps then go and work triceps alone

many call some of this overtraining

wouldnt my body tell me if im overtraining during this time period? or is overtraining perhaps both. lets say my body is healing and recovering fast and rdy for next workout then maybe i aint overtraining. maybe i am? idk just typing away and away to get off the topic of that damn belt hehe

i myself am going crazy trying to find a routine that fits me well. since doing westside im afraid of doing anything thats less. by less i mean only 1-2 muscle groups a day. sure i know i can destroy myself doing 1 muscle group and have in past and enjoyed it but im just afraid of doing it and feeling ther urge to go back and do more. doing chest on lets say monday and having to wait an entire week to do it again just drives me nuts.

a lot of us have to realize something. we cannot workout like pros. some pros workout 2x a day morning and evening many of us cannot do that. we are not paid to workout like they are. so yes i agree pick a routine and just destroy yourself with it.

ok ill shusuh now
        Simply put... it depends on the goal, but in most cases it's better to stimulate, NOT ANNIHILATE... especially if we're NATURAL. Lift with intensity yes, but what are you accomplishing on that 18th, 19th, and 20th set... that's what you need to ask yourself.

Sometimes I like to train to failure, sometimes positive failure... sometimes I go intentionally light and train for volume... etc..
        Last edited by pu12en12g; 12-29-2006, 03:43 AM.

Comment

i don't make things complicated... I pick one style and stick to it for 6 months... Heavy weights most of the time, lighter weights to break the monotony and let my joints heal..

I grow on 5 rep sets... I grow on 8 rep sets.. I even grow fine on 15 rep sets...
          www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Alittle off topic, but what do you think about this. I hit my bench first thing off cardio, and generally this is what it looks like:

1x8x135lbs
            1x8x185lbs
            1x6x205lbs
            2x4x225lbs
            1xfailurex205
            1xfailurex185
            1xfailurex135

After this, I feel it all in my chest and arms and damn does it feel good, but too much? I try to do warm ups until I get to 225/235 which is currently my max without a spotter, and will then do drop sets till the 135 and be toasted. I rest for about 2-3 minutes per set at 205 and above.
            I throw in inclines/declines/db chest presses/military presses(front) depending on time and feeling, but after this bench, I hit my bi's for a bit, then come back to chest so it can rest abit. Thoughts?

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
              Alittle off topic, but what do you think about this. I hit my bench first thing off cardio, and generally this is what it looks like:

1x8x135lbs
              1x8x185lbs
              1x6x205lbs
              2x4x225lbs
              1xfailurex205
              1xfailurex185
              1xfailurex135

After this, I feel it all in my chest and arms and damn does it feel good, but too much? I try to do warm ups until I get to 225/235 which is currently my max without a spotter, and will then do drop sets till the 135 and be toasted. I rest for about 2-3 minutes per set at 205 and above.
              I throw in inclines/declines/db chest presses/military presses(front) depending on time and feeling, but after this bench, I hit my bi's for a bit, then come back to chest so it can rest abit. Thoughts?

Main goal ?

Comment

I like how you do the 1 set at the end to failure with LIGHT WEIGHT. Makes sure the muscle group is pumped / n'gorged when your done.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                  Main goal ?

Mainly just strength training. I'm not on enough calories for a bulk, but trying to maximize what I can while still on a cut. I've gotten SOME size since then and a reduction in adipose over most of my body as well. Also, bench has gone up by 40lbs in last 2 months. Biggest thing I was inquiring about was if it was potential overtraining the way I have it set. I have a great pump when I finish it, and am not sore the next day.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Of the lifestyle I do think the lifting is the easy part. I look forward to hitting the gym. I do not look forward another can of tuna.
                    Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Who said anything about a CAN of Tuna....

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...