evaluate my routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stert
    ok. that is basically what i do in my routine.

but on the excersises where you are doing 4-6 reps i may end up needing to take weight OFF the bar after the first few sets, unless my first couple sets feel really easy.

say i do 100lbs for 5 reps and it was hard. i may be able to do the second set of 5 with the same 100lbs, but my 3rd set i would probably only be able to push out 3 and the 4 set would be even worse. (numbers just made up lol)

so should i pick a weight for my first set that is a little bit easy but that i will be going to failure my last few sets almost. or should i be pushing it hard every set but will probably need to ramp the weight DOWN.

the reason i ask is because i have never really seen a routine where someone is actualy taking weight off between sets to keep within the same rep range.

thanks for your help

*i am recovering like mad with green mag. last night was my second workout with it!
    This is where rest between sets can come into play, as well as performance enhancing supplements (this is exactly where they can make a big difference).. but because you will be hitting the same muscle group in 2 days again, this would be ok:

pick a weight for my first set that is a little bit easy but that i will be going to failure my last few sets almost.
    Controversial though.

Comment

say i recover prety fast (which i do) without using any supps. and now i am on GG and GM, so my recovery should be a little better with those right?

should i pick a weight and ramp down to keep the strain high? or i dont need to do THAT much work?

Comment

say i recover prety fast (which i do) without using any supps. and now i am on GG and GM, so my recovery should be a little better with those right?

should i pick a weight and ramp down to keep the strain high? or i dont need to do THAT much work?
        For your goal (mix of strength and hypertrophy), I would aim high and have a spotter.... experiment with rest time between sets.

Comment

thanks for the insight.

Comment

Working...
          X