Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you carry in your gym bag in your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's just cut to the mf chase and just throw the whole gym into the bag and enter the bag whenever needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shutup
      Let's just cut to the mf chase and just throw the whole gym into the bag and enter the bag whenever needed.
      We could become millionaries if we did this

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
        Whats wrong with a belt when your almost doing 2.5x your bodyweight on deadlifts and Im only going to wear it when doing 1rm's as this thing is a mother fucking pain in the ass to get on and off......

belt = takes work load off of lower back, abdominal area. same with squatting with a belt. if its too heavy to do natural, i dont see a point in doing it.

i deadlifted 500lb in HS.. weighing a lil more than I do now.. defnintly not nearly as strong.. I couldnt touch that now.. not even if i wanted too.. i deadlift over 300 and im good.. my grip dies before my body, but in my opnion, if i cant hold onto that bar, i need to work more to the point my grip can hold it up for every rep. i dont like assistance. i dont even like getting spotted. the pressure of knowing i could seriously fuck my day up motivates me. sure, if im going heavy enough ill get a spot.. but i rarely do. and if i do, i usually have some small guy spotting me so i know even if i get help, its alot of me workins till..

i dont, its a personall vandetta i have against belts, wraps, any assistance.. i like to do things myself.. knowing i accomplished them without any help (in all aspects of life, not just the gym).. plus i dont desire to train as if i were a powerlifter.. or look like a freakishly big bodybuilder.. if anything, i like the physique most NFL players have.. lots of muscle, packed on a lean frame...with the very atheletic swagger...

i wish i could go back to my freshman year of highschool, and do everything over with what i know now.. i feel my academics wouldnt matter at all, id be making scholarship thro atheletic funds .. but in life yoy dont get that, so my sons will be what I wasnt. and if there not athletic, I will ebay them.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          belt = takes work load off of lower back, abdominal area. same with squatting with a belt. if its too heavy to do natural, i dont see a point in doing it.

i deadlifted 500lb in HS.. weighing a lil more than I do now.. defnintly not nearly as strong.. I couldnt touch that now.. not even if i wanted too.. i deadlift over 300 and im good.. my grip dies before my body, but in my opnion, if i cant hold onto that bar, i need to work more to the point my grip can hold it up for every rep. i dont like assistance. i dont even like getting spotted. the pressure of knowing i could seriously fuck my day up motivates me. sure, if im going heavy enough ill get a spot.. but i rarely do. and if i do, i usually have some small guy spotting me so i know even if i get help, its alot of me workins till..

i dont, its a personall vandetta i have against belts, wraps, any assistance.. i like to do things myself.. knowing i accomplished them without any help (in all aspects of life, not just the gym).. plus i dont desire to train as if i were a powerlifter.. or look like a freakishly big bodybuilder.. if anything, i like the physique most NFL players have.. lots of muscle, packed on a lean frame...with the very atheletic swagger...

i wish i could go back to my freshman year of highschool, and do everything over with what i know now.. i feel my academics wouldnt matter at all, id be making scholarship thro atheletic funds .. but in life yoy dont get that, so my sons will be what I wasnt. and if there not athletic, I will ebay them.
          So if your grip sucks, why not work on your grip and use straps so you can actually max out your back?

And also belts dont take off pressure from the back all it does it increase your abdonminal pressure, it shouldnt even be on your lower back like most people wear them. It should be around the middle of your gut.

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
            So if your grip sucks, why not work on your grip and use straps so you can actually max out your back?

And also belts dont take off pressure from the back all it does it increase your abdonminal pressure, it shouldnt even be on your lower back like most people wear them. It should be around the middle of your gut.

eitherway, the belt reduces work on your abdominals a nd core muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
              eitherway, the belt reduces work on your abdominals a nd core muscles.
              It more so allows you to lift more than your core can handle with out having it pop open like a sardian can and require surgery

Comment

Everything in moderation though, right boys.

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Comment

Working...
                X