Wanting to Open a Gym in 5-10 years, Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to Open a Gym in 5-10 years, Need Help

Hey, when i am in my twenties, i want to own my own gym. I figure i am going to need roughly 1.5-2 million dollars to build everything and to buy everything and higher help.

Now the tough part.

What can i do, legally, to earn the money in a 5-10 year frame. I want to be a personel trainer in my own gym and then start my own supplement line.

I was just day dreaming today thinking of what i can do.

Help?

Jdub

Well in order to get some captial for your gym you could look into getting some investors. When you think about a business and the costs, 1.5-2 million isnt a whole lot. So you if you get a few investors it should be pretty easy. Obviously that is easier said than done; you'd have to write up a pretty stong business plan and be able to prove to the investors that it's a win/win situation for everyone.

G'luck.
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

I can tell you what to do illegaly.. you therortically could get 1.5-2mill easy.. buttt than get risk life in prison.. butt if your under 18 its not nearly as bad of a risk..

Comment

Im under 18, whats the plan?

LOL

Jdub

Comment

1.5million to open a gym...what kinda gym are you openining? A mall?

Comment

No, a regular gym, well...not just any gym, a state of the art gym. I am planning on buying the lot, building the gym, buying amazing equipment and have a pool/spa/basketball court in it. Plus money for hiring help and getting my supplement line off the ground.

I just cant figure out how to make the much money to start it, Investors sounds cool.

Jdub

Comment

Originally posted by JDub
              Im under 18, whats the plan?

LOL

Jdub

move to a large urban center... get a low paying job at a hotel of some sorts... as large as you can find (the more employees the better).. take your life savings and invest 3/4 in crack cocaine (or pure cocaine) and slowly make aquitances at work... gettin a feel for who is more 'liberal' in their ways... get a few of them hooked on the white lady, and next thin you kno, your the #1 supplier to a large population of cokeheads ...

and just FYI a coke deal is called a blow job... it doesnt matter how you use it, but use it often, cos its cool. Maybe if ur mom interupts a phone call be like 'damnit mom im workin on gettin a blow in tonight here'

and since ur under 18 i believe the rules are alot less harsh.. if your real close to 18 tho you may want to investigate that part.. but if ur like 15, 16...shit, go for it..

minors are used alot to distribute narcs in cities cos of that fact... sometimes, i wonder if the famous celebirities today (jayz, 50cent..eminem...guys like that) made their orginal $ selling narcotics as a minor under some large scheme in their hood which gave them the funds/connex to get studio time and in essence launch their music career ... i mean, their pretty blunt about moving drugs in the past/present, but not too often do they mention specifics...

[/end rant]

id like to open a gym too.. prolly alot of work and not much $ since theres corporations like golds, la fitness, etc to compete with.. but if you blew up to their scale..holyshit your set.

Comment

mr aries can help you he works closely with a gym owner.
                REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                Purple Psyko
                Gold Feast
                Blue Gene
                Blue Growth
                REDuction AM/PM Shots
                REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                Orange TRIad
                White Flood (5 Flavors)
                Black Hole
                Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                Green Bulge
                White Blood 2
                Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                Blue Up
                Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Cool, thanks alot.

Jdub

(mr. aries bark twice if your in milaukee?!?!) - anchorman with a little remix

Comment

Wanting to Open a Gym in 5-10 years, Need Help

so you get out in 5 to 10? I ain't gonna help you break out though.

Did you straighten out that stuff with that dude Jim? He was kinda pissed last time I spoke to him, call him and get things on track before you recruit some new blood here.

Comment

To open a Gold's Gym I believe you need about 200k in cash and over 400k in assests. The good thing about Gold's is the name is widley known and they help with promoting the gym. I'm thinking about doing this down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                        mr aries can help you he works closely with a gym owner.

lol i doubt you make much money from owning gyms... It's a lot of work for not so much pay.. Lots of complaints too...

And gyms these days are everywhere... I hope you plan this thing out VERY WELL before thinking about osmething like this.. You'll be competing against some humongous corporations.

john
                        www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Ya thats a good point. What i would do is Save up a lot of money and get some big business men to back yo up as investors and come up with a great plan. Then develop the gym in a new city that is like new, nice and big but with no competition yet. A place where the population is growing fast you know? Like right now for example, Palm Valley in AZ would be a good place to open one up. There is only 1 LA Fitness and thats it and you could open up your place on the whole other side of the town. Well thats what I would do. But go to college so you can be a personal trainer (minor) and major in something that has to do with business. Thats what im doing except im going to major in Law so I can be a lawyer and make my money that way.

Good Luck

Comment

Waste of time IMO. And yeah, you're gonna need at least a mill to start out. Gyms these days aren't just for lifting, which means if you want members, which equates to revenue, you'll need the olympic pools and the basketball courts and the daycares and the spas and the 1/8 mile tracks and jazzercise areas and the merchandise areas and the food court type areas and fuk I dunno! But you need a lot of money, a good knowledge of business if not a degree, and good enough credit to where someones gonna loan you a mill to start cause believe me you ain't gonna legally make that much money in 5-10 years and if you do make that money you need to keep doing what you did to make that money NOT open a gym.
                            + =

Comment

Originally posted by Shutup
                              so you get out in 5 to 10? I ain't gonna help you break out though.

Did you straighten out that stuff with that dude Jim? He was kinda pissed last time I spoke to him, call him and get things on track before you recruit some new blood here.
                              (Dude, WTF are you talking about?)

Well, I don't even know sometimes. If someone finds out please tell me.

Comment

Working...
                              X