Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant

1911, posts what aloser,
    If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

• Originally posted by House72
      Cool, I never went rafting, I always wanted to go, but never made it out..
      Bummer for you. I go two or three times a year. I've rafted in Alaska, Oregon, and Washington. I keep meaning to get over to Idaho but I'm not sure I every will (at least, not to float). I've done the Dechutes so many times that people think I'm a profesional guide when I'm there. I've even had guides ask me what outfit I guide for or if I'm independant.

Of course, that was right after I out-threw one of them with the rescue rope and caught one of his clients who was going down stream.

Comment

Rant

1911, posts what aloser,
        Are you kidding? Your just a night's post whoring away from being the first to ever break 2000 on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpyPaw
          Are you kidding? Your just a night's post whoring away from being the first to ever break 2000 on this forum.
          Yea, thats true,

Comment

Bummer for you. I go two or three times a year. I've rafted in Alaska, Oregon, and Washington. I keep meaning to get over to Idaho but I'm not sure I every will (at least, not to float). I've done the Dechutes so many times that people think I'm a profesional guide when I'm there. I've even had guides ask me what outfit I guide for or if I'm independant.

Of course, that was right after I out-threw one of them with the rescue rope and caught one of his clients who was going down stream.
            Dam, you should look into doing that for employment, it seems like u enjoy it. why not then?

Comment

• Oh, you asked if I worked out, no not since thursday night. I might work out monday night, but will have to see how I feel after working the oars for 3 hours.

Comment

Maybe I can get a free shirt then lol, I want one...

Comment

Oh, you asked if I worked out, no not since thursday night. I might work out monday night, but will have to see how I feel after working the oars for 3 hours.
                  Dam thats a workout itself, DOes the wife and kid go with you, or do u raft with freinds,

Comment

Dam, you should look into doing that for employment, it seems like u enjoy it. why not then?
                    Very Seasonal. You work every week-end and some week days for about 3 months, then you have to find something else to do with your winter. Most guides just work the weekends and have some normal(ish) job for the week. It's not something your going to make a bundle doing.

Yes, I love it, and I get complements about how much control I have over the raft, but I would rather continue to look at it as my escape rather than my job.

Comment

Dam thats a workout itself, DOes the wife and kid go with you, or do u raft with freinds,
                      Depends on the river.

She didn't go

Comment

• Dont blame here, you the one with the green hat,

Comment

• Back, pink sleves w/ blue helmet. It was a cold river, so you have to wear wet suits.

Comment

Back, pink sleves w/ blue helmet. It was a cold river, so you have to wear wet suits.
                            The guy hanging out with the gloves on.. Enjoying the view.

Comment

• It gets pretty nasty whit water rafting correct? do you guys go down any big watterfalls, or anything, I mean that pic there looks pretty nasty, but to you it was probably nothing.

Comment

• That's the guide seat. You control where the raft is pointed from the back. The guy next to me owns that raft (his is better than mine) and we sort of "co-guided". The other people didn't understand that where we were, you could paddle all you want and not change a thing. Our course was set, and it was just hang on time.

The landing...

Comment

Working...
                                X