No announcement yet.

RANT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, your avatar rocks. I need to find some avatar like pics for myself. The only pics I have look tiny when shrunk down to avatar size.

Comment

• How the batting cages go?
      If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

• Lancer must workout at CURVES or a BAILEYS
        If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpyPaw
          Dude, your avatar rocks. I need to find some avatar like pics for myself. The only pics I have look tiny when shrunk down to avatar size.
          your my boy gimps

Comment

• Originally posted by House72
            How the batting cages go?
            Um, my kid sucks at batting. 60 balls, 2 hits. Then he was like, "OK, I've practiced enough, I'm ready for the game." I told him to just stand there and hope he gets walked.

Comment

• Its my last week on WB/GB

Gonna have to wait for my new GB and will be out of WB for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee213
                Its my last week on WB/GB

Gonna have to wait for my new GB and will be out of WB for a while.
                Oh, dat suks. Quality rant right there.

Comment

• Hey, is there some way for the board to show not only when members joined, but in what order? It would be cool to know in what order we all joined. That way those of us who were first to join can pick on those who were last.

Comment

Hey, is there some way for the board to show not only when members joined, but in what order? It would be cool to know in what order we all joined. That way those of us who were first to join can pick on those who were last.
                    If you click their profile and look at the link it'll tell you what # you were to join..

For example..
                    http://www.controlledlabs.com/forum/member.php?u=68

You were the 68th

Is that what you were asking for?
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

• Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                      If you click their profile and look at the link it'll tell you what # you were to join..

For example..
                      http://www.controlledlabs.com/forum/member.php?u=68

You were the 68th

Is that what you were asking for?
                      Sort of... I was wanting it to be right there, under our names or something. That would make it much easier for me to Lord over number 70, 71, ect (Of course nobody can make fun of the lucky bastard who joined right after I did, #69)

Basically, those of us who were in the first 100 to join need to be recognized as the superior individuals that we obviously are

Comment

Sort of... I was wanting it to be right there, under our names or something. That would make it much easier for me to Lord over number 70, 71, ect (Of course nobody can make fun of the lucky bastard who joined right after I did, #69)

Basically, those of us who were in the first 100 to join need to be recognized as the superior individuals that we obviously are
                        That I can see on there is no way to have it automatically compile a list, but I will work on such a list while at work tonight during my bored hours..
                        Back to the basics!

Comment

• Dinner = Shrimp, garlic, onion, and tommatoes, saute'd in light oil. Then steamed raw spinach added and poured over spaghetti noodles.

What's for dinner where you all are?

Comment

Dinner = Shrimp, garlic, onion, and tommatoes, saute'd in light oil. Then steamed raw spinach added and poured over spaghetti noodles.

What's for dinner where you all are?
                            I work overnights, so it is breakfast. I'm about to cook some eggs whites and put them on a whole wheat tortilla with some fat free sour cream and a small side of oats with whey

Breakfast of MODS!
                            Back to the basics!

Comment

• Something I've been thinking about. We all know that our training is, in basic terms, a 3 part component. Resistance, Recovery, and Nutrition are the core elements of the whole that make up each of our training regimines.

Say your doing a 5 day split, and you are among the many who try to limit your gym time to around 1 hour each routine. In that case, your spending only 5 hours out of 168 in a week hitting the weights. So your time in the gym accounts for about 1/33rd (5 day split) to 1/56th (3 day split) of your total training.

Two things come to mind. For one, clearly people tend to place too much emphasis on their gym time, and not nearly enough on Recovery and Nutrition. Secondly, as important as Resistance Training is, given that only 1/33rd to 1/56th of your time is in the gym, you better bust your ass while your there!

Comment

• Ugh . . . studying for medical boards step 1 sux . . . so much info most of which is ridiculously boring. I think really need to disconnect my internet or something b/c I keep finding myself going online to get a "break" from studying. One can only look over drugs, bacteria, biochemical pathways, syndromes etc so many times.
                                On the bright side I'll be taking them Thursday so after that point I can relax for a bit before I begin my surgery rotation and end up spending 60-80hrs a wk in the OR standing there and being PIMPed b/c med student's don't know enough to do anything useful except retract and occassionally do some stitches. I think we are just there to make the residents and attendings feel better about themselves
                                Actually, I think it will be interesting and I am looking forward to it . . . but this is a rant so I had to complain
                                The only prob is that it will be tough getting to the gym on that schedule . . .
                                Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Working...
                                X