X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **support diabetes** punksurfer's Tour de Cure thread 2009

Tour de Cure 2009

presented by american diabetes association

Hey everyone, once again this year ill be riding the Tour de Cure. in february 2009 I will be riding 70 miles to help support diabetes research. The tour de cure is a cycling event set up by the american diabetes association to help raise money for a cure to a horrible disease, and to promote a healthy lifestyle to prevent said disease.

As many of you know i am a firefighter/paramedic and frequently run emergency calls on diabetics. Because of this i have seen first hand the damage this disease does. This damage is much worse when one does not have the information to effectively control the disease. With your support more diabetics will be able to get the info needed, the supplies needed and the research needed to make this disease more managable and eventually cured!

Last year I rode the 70 miles and had a blast doing so (recovered for the next week or so afterward ) And this year I am able to get a head start on my fund raising. My goal for 2009 is to raise 5000 dollars. I think it is achievable and appreciate any help/donations I can get. If you are unable to donate i understand as the economy isnt doing so well, but if you cant please let your friends and family know and spread the word. Last year I had a ton of support from not only members of bodybuilding forums I frequent but even from the actual sites and supplement companies, hopefully the generosity carries over to this year. Thanks again for all your support. Like last year I will be bumping this thread as often as possible and will add some pictures from last years event.

If you would like to donate or just get more info about the event please click the link below to see my personal Tour de Cure page. thanks again guys.

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=...500&px=4014887

.......if this is not aloud please delete and send me a PM letting me know....thanks

donations have slowed to stop at the 90 dollar mark........if 1000 ppl donated only 5 dollars we would have that goal met! please guys and gals spread the word so we can save lives! thanks again

Comment

Working...
    X