Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&r

My question for others to respond too..

I'm curious for those who compete (and I guess if you don,t you could hypothesize on your feelings if you did) -- do you not find it extremely weird to...

1 - get all oiled up
    2 - wear a thong/bikini-esque item
    3 - go stand on a stage with other men oiled up in thongs/bikini-esque items
    4 - pose down along side other men oiled up in thongs/bikini-esque items

.. i've never desired to compete in bodybuilding or anything, but i bought pumping iron recently, and after watching some of it, the though hit me that it is really weird what they do if you think about it from general terms..

like, i duno. i guess it would be cool to do it and all for the satisfaction you get from doing it (similiar to running marathons and such - just different activitiy); but the actual process of getting all oiled up and near naked w/ other men seems awkward to me..

i'd love to hear others opionions though, not bashing, just wondering what its like. i've never been to a competition nor desire too..unless it's womens.. even than I'm not too sureee !! strong muscular chicks boarderline scare me.

Originally posted by jdiritto
    get all oiled up
    wear a thong/bikini-esque item
    Those are the two that bother me personally, mostly the transition to more and more of an "actual thong" as the art of BB has died in popularity. Also, the history of pro BB is pretty dark as far as where the $$$ is **actually** coming from... the more you know about it = the more depressing it can be.

Comment

..soo..the things they wear now are different than what arnie and them dudes wore in pumping iron?!?

Comment

..soo..the things they wear now are different than what arnie and them dudes wore in pumping iron?!?
        Yep... the posing trunks used to look more like speedos...

now = more like an actual thong (it's pretty obvious what's going on).

Last edited by pu12en12g; 12-09-2007, 09:46 PM.

Comment

so where exactly is the money coming from?
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

haha..that's wrong on so many accounts. do chicks get that near naked? not that their hot when their big and manly or anything..

Comment

haha..that's wrong on so many accounts. do chicks get that near naked? not that their hot when their big and manly or anything..

Comment

I am friends with a guy who used to compete and then got into danceing from it. The company they worked for would put them on tour during the off season so it would be like 8 guys (all straight) touring clubs up north. Since It was just them they would have to help each other shave and oil up and he acted like it was no big deal. Personally I would have a problem asking a friend of mine to shave the back of my nuts so that when I clap my ass at the club tonght I wont have any strays periscoping out. But, to each his own.
                Last edited by Obeast; 12-10-2007, 01:01 PM.
                Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
                  I am friends with a guy who used to compete and then got into danceing from it. The company they worked for would put them on tour during the off season so it would be like 8 guys (all straight) touring clubs up north. Since It was just them they would have to help each other shave and oil up and he acted like it was no big deal. Personally I would have a problem asking a friend of mine to shave the back of my nuts so that when I clap my ass at the club tonght I wont have any stays periscoping out. But, to each his own.
                  sounds like fun
                  REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                  Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                  Purple Psyko
                  Gold Feast
                  Blue Gene
                  Blue Growth
                  REDuction AM/PM Shots
                  REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                  Orange TRIad
                  White Flood (5 Flavors)
                  Black Hole
                  Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                  Green Bulge
                  White Blood 2
                  Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                  Blue Up
                  Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                  GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                  CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                  Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

My friend Competes, and our group of buddies always help him out shaving his back and tanning and stuff. its never really bothered me. its not like I want to PIITB.
                    Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

I get my girlfriend to shave my back for the beach... I find having another man do it would be incredibly awkward... and wrong

Comment

I get my girlfriend to shave my back for the beach... I find having another man do it would be incredibly awkward... and wrong
                        I completely agree!

Comment

Working...
                        X