No announcement yet.

I'm curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...also.. I wonder if there are differences in Muscle Dysmorphia among weight lifters dependant upon their body size...

ie. do skinny people bulking up get it more often than large people leaning out who train with weights? (theres technical names.. endomorph, ectomorph.. i have no idea which is which..) ..could be a potential thesis for meesss.?! haha

Comment

... Smartass
      Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
        I disagree...to an extent..I think there is a psycho-social factor your not accounting for... you're main rationale (if i may) for believing it is common is due to environment -- if you were not in the bodybuilding scene you would have a different perception, yet you're wrapped up in it (as a career and hobby) therefore you see it allot more, and thus find it more common that it problaly really is -- though it is an ever steady growing issue, much like annorexia nervosa [sadly]
        Agreed, I'm not really going to get into it but start with why so many non-bodybuilders are on BB.COM etc... understand that and you will see where I'm coming from.

Comment

There's a big reason why so many people are on bb.com.

and it's 4 letters.

m.i.s.c.
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            Agreed, I'm not really going to get into it but start with why so many non-bodybuilders are on BB.COM etc... understand that and you will see where I'm coming from.

Could you Xpand on this thought? I believe I know what you're getting at.. but not entirely sure..
            Last edited by jiritt0; 11-13-2007, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
              Could you Xpand on this thought? I believe I know what you're getting at.. but not entirely sure..

IMO noodz or negz. PM for link etc etc etc.
              Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Put me down for as a "yes" for this one. I hav ealways felt this way working out or not. But I was raised around the gym so I might have been influenced from that early stimulus.

Comment

I dont know if i will ever be happy with my results... said to say. but thats what keeps the drive going to always make improvments, right?

Comment

Originally posted by LiGymRatt
                    I dont know if i will ever be happy with my results... said to say. but thats what keeps the drive going to always make improvments, right?
                    Exactly!

Comment

Theres a difference between being happy with the results, and being satisified with your body composition...

you can want to get stronger, bigger etc. and feel you need to push yourself more but when you have those desires BECAUSE you feel small compared to others or just in general it is MD

Look for more information to be posted soon, nothing detailed, just a high quality (hopefully !) overview of MD ...

my presentation is tomorrow evening, hoorah!

Comment

Originally posted by LiGymRatt
                        Exactly. I am constantly motivated to improve and add quality size, shape and proportion. Pushing forward keeps it interesting and exciting!
                        **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                        **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                        WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                        http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                        http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

got a 24/25 on the end product; can't post a power point though.

I kinda like MD... wonder if I'll research it somehow someday.. hah

Comment

Working...
                          X