Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrian andras
    Thanks for analyzing that to make me look like a douchebag

lol, no one said I was referring specifically to you adrian. Just like pure's post, there is a husband and wife duo in my gym who are "bodybuilders". She claims she won the 2005 NPC Masters Natural in Illinois. Still can't find some record of that event. Anyways, he's a lard ass and she's suppose to be a personal trainer. I sat there one day watching their form while working out and let me say, they have some of the worst fucking form I've ever seen and the weight isn't even severe. It's comical really.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

My efforts inside of the gym pay off outside of the gym.

In other words, who cares if I'm lifting 5lb dumbells, as long as I look like I could lift 500 when I leave Always check ur ego at the door

Comment

Because who cares what you look like if you can only lift the 5 pounders
        Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
          My efforts inside of the gym pay off outside of the gym.

In other words, who cares if I'm lifting 5lb dumbells, as long as I look like I could lift 500 when I leave Always check ur ego at the door

x2!

to this YEAH!
          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

just playing devils advocate, but every here commented on douchies that do this, douchies that do that, etc etc.

the funny thing is (and im guilty of this too) is i am sure everyone else is thinking the same things you guys are.

occasionaly i pose in the mirror (who doesnt, i like when my vascularity shows, and the pump is evident), occassionally i do curls in the squat rack, occassionally i lift more weight than i should (but it IS intentional, hence negatives). occassionally i make fun of people in there, and i do get frustrated when people dont turn up the intensity and ask why they dont see results......

but at the end of the day , it all means nothing. the funny thing is, you dont know if that "pussy" not lifting much is wrestler, grappler, boxer, BJJer, etc. just my 2 cents

to my credit, i think i can lift a decent amount for being 6'1, 179

im at 315 bench, 405 stiff dead, 500 squat as my maxes

lifting a lot of weight doesnt make you a bad ass, as some people tend to think. it certainly helps though.
            Last edited by jaymdubbs; 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

True to that, but if you walk around with an ego like you can lift the heavy ass weights, per Ronnie, you sure as hell better be able to. As for me, I know my amounts aren't shit compared to say that of my training partner. However, for me and my size, I can't complain either.

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                True to that, but if you walk around with an ego like you can lift the heavy ass weights, per Ronnie, you sure as hell better be able to. As for me, I know my amounts aren't shit compared to say that of my training partner. However, for me and my size, I can't complain either.

agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                  agreed.

The thing I truly love about lifting though is the humbling nature of it, in most cases that is. To know that some times, to go big, you have to go light, to improve your form in some way and then be able to hit the bigger numbers. Definately something I love about the whole process.

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...