I need straps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyscouT™
    What kind of wrist support do those wrist straps give? I mean, what do they serve? keep the wrist straight?

my grip and forearms were really weak compared to my chest and I have small wrists (thanks dad) ... I was moving weight that was causing too much strain and would have sore wrists for days after chest and bicep days which would impact my other lift days ... I added wrist wraps to the equation to give my wrists the added support and stability .... pain was significantly reduced ...

that was a few years ago and now I just use wrist wraps when I'm using heavy weights or trying to set new PR's in bench, bb curls, and preacher curls ... it really alleviates a lot of the strain that wrists would go through w/out having them there
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      my grip and forearms were really weak compared to my chest and I have small wrists (thanks dad) ... I was moving weight that was causing too much strain and would have sore wrists for days after chest and bicep days which would impact my other lift days ... I added wrist wraps to the equation to give my wrists the added support and stability .... pain was significantly reduced ...

that was a few years ago and now I just use wrist wraps when I'm using heavy weights or trying to set new PR's in bench, bb curls, and preacher curls ... it really alleviates a lot of the strain that wrists would go through w/out having them there
      Yea small wrist crew sign in
      Last edited by LancerV; 06-18-2006, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by strester

Oh..... thanks bro.

Comment

Damn... I have those shitty free straps

Comment

I have free cotton wrist straps that will work for a couple years til im strong enough to acutally lift enough weight that they could fail. (plenty of time before that happens)
            Ht: 6'1"
            Wt: 200 lb.s
            BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
            17% (8/2/06)
            Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

Comment

Originally posted by Former_Fatkid
              I have free cotton wrist straps that will work for a couple years til im strong enough to acutally lift enough weight that they could fail. (plenty of time before that happens)
              I still wouldn't trust them, they still wear out with use. Keep an eye on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                I still wouldn't trust them, they still wear out with use. Keep an eye on them.

will do, thanx for the heads up on your experience, i just assumed these kinda things were made to handle the load.
                Ht: 6'1"
                Wt: 200 lb.s
                BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
                17% (8/2/06)
                Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
                http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

Comment

Originally posted by Former_Fatkid
                  will do, thanx for the heads up on your experience, i just assumed these kinda things were made to handle the load.
                  Don't get me wrong they do work but you just have to watch and check the regularly as they wear. One pair of mine were 6 months old and th esecond pair were 3 months old.

Comment

Ditched my gloves, bought gloves w/ wrist straps.

Ditched my gloves w/ wrist straps, bought rubber squares.

All I need now are my APT straps.

Comment

Ditched my gloves, bought gloves w/ wrist straps.

Ditched my gloves w/ wrist straps, bought rubber squares.

All I need now are my APT straps.
                      Sweet, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

"24" length recommended, choose from 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 inch lengths below"

Isn't that really long? I see people at my gym wearing straps and they are only a few inches longer than the fingers when the straps are already on the wrists...

Comment

Actually it isn't that bad at all and allows to really strap yourself in and stay connected. I like it because I don't need gloves to grap on to as my straps cover the bar and allow for better gripping.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                            Actually it isn't that bad at all and allows to really strap yourself in and stay connected. I like it because I don't need gloves to grap on to as my straps cover the bar and allow for better gripping.
                            So which length do you recommend I get?

And do you know what i'm talking about in my earlier post? What length do those guys have? Seems like 12" to me...

Comment

I personally love my 24" straps and remeber the longer the strap the more hold.

Comment

So which length do you recommend I get?

And do you know what i'm talking about in my earlier post? What length do those guys have? Seems like 12" to me...
                                I know exactly what you are talking about, I would go 24" that is what I have.

Comment

Working...
                                X