Looking for theories on Receptor site down/up regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for theories on Receptor site down/up regulation

Just wanted to have an open discussion of people's views on receptor regulation whether it be good or bad, just an info check!

Originally posted by RisingAgainst
    Just wanted to have an open discussion of people's views on receptor regulation whether it be good or bad, just an info check!
    According to what? What chemical/hormone are you throwing at it? Which receptors? G protein-coupled receptors (7TM), Tyrosine Kinases, Guanylyl cyclase, Ionotropic, Intracellular? Rather a broad topic then. Regardless though, receptor regulation in my opinion is obviously a good thing. Granted, there are times you want more sensativity to a certain hormone/chemical and less to others, but your body is smart enough to work to keep itself in check provided you don't slope the playing field TOO much. Of course, you do that, and well, you're more or less going to be FUBAR not long after.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

I want this based around androgen receptors. I will save my input for later on this as I would like to see if I can muster some fresh ones from this forum.

Comment

Working...
      X