No announcement yet.

Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sort of like watching a baseball game that ends up 1-0.
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
      football = entertainment = high scores

not many like watching defensive games, where the final scores like 9-3 or something... but to me, thats still a helluva game, as long as each sides playing well
      Willing to bet each side will put up over 20 points in the Super Bowl. I'm thinking 35-31 Bears. After all, Bears D scores as much as most other teams alone. Grossman at average will be enough for the Bears to win, provided they remember to play like they did versus the number 1 offense of the Saints.

Jones/Benson > Addai/Rhodes any day
      Bears D > Colts D any day.

Bears will pound the ball with the run, that will free Berrian and Bradley and Rex just has to get it close and they're money. Go BEARS!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
      US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

i think the bears D will shut down the colts offense very effectively.

the only thing going for colts is the fact there playing in miami, and possibly the bears D will fatique

i dont know, but if miamia gardens are turf that would be great for the colts (but i dont think it is)

Comment

i think the bears D will shut down the colts offense very effectively.

the only thing going for colts is the fact there playing in miami, and possibly the bears D will fatique

i dont know, but if miamia gardens are turf that would be great for the colts (but i dont think it is)
          Stadium is grass, not turf, so that bodes well for the Bears. However, they'd be damn fast on turf too. Peyton is a good QB, don't get me wrong, but the Bears pretty much ran over the number 1 offense in the league with no real problem. I don't see Indy, having a weaker overall team than New Orleans, being able to beat the Bears. I mean, even though they beat the Pats, they gave up 34 points and we're down 21-3 at one point. I think if the Bears get that kind of lead, the game is pretty much over. Grossman doesn't even have to play well, though I bet he plays damn good that day, to beat the Colts. Can only wait and see...

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

amen brutha

I like lovie smith too, good guy.. how can ya a hate man named lovie anyways?

Comment

amen brutha

I like lovie smith too, good guy.. how can ya a hate man named lovie anyways?
              True, Lovie is good people. But I bet he got his ass beat in high school with that name.

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

specially since the time he was in HS was a different era (im guessing, i duno his age), and his race didn't help at t hat time of our history..

he's overcome it..great guy.. A++

Comment

specially since the time he was in HS was a different era (im guessing, i duno his age), and his race didn't help at t hat time of our history..

he's overcome it..great guy.. A++
                  Yeah, all this deal about race. Sickening IMO. I honestly am tired of hearing the bit about "two black coaches in the Super Bowl". Who cares their race, they're the best coaches this year, period. Society is just obsessed with stupid shit. I mean, why WOULDN'T/COULDN'T there be two black coaches in the SB??? Fucking media. Suprised they haven't cried about two white quarterbacks meaning there is no racial equality in key positions in the Super Bowl. I bet somewhere it'll come out though.
                  Already heard a piece on Lovie hugging Rex and Tony hugging Peyton about the black coaches loving their white quarterbacks. I almost fell out of the chair when someone said that.
                  Bears sure as hell better sign Lovie and give him a BIG ASS CONTRACT. Sure deserves it after the last 3 seasons of building the Bears to what they are now.
                  Also, they better sign Briggs ASAP. Atleast Urlacher knows he needs Briggs, even was willing to re-negotiated/adjust his contract to free the money for Briggs to be signed.

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                    Yeah, all this deal about race. Sickening IMO. I honestly am tired of hearing the bit about "two black coaches in the Super Bowl". Who cares their race, they're the best coaches this year, period. Society is just obsessed with stupid shit. I mean, why WOULDN'T/COULDN'T there be two black coaches in the SB??? Fucking media. Suprised they haven't cried about two white quarterbacks meaning there is no racial equality in key positions in the Super Bowl. I bet somewhere it'll come out though.
                    Already heard a piece on Lovie hugging Rex and Tony hugging Peyton about the black coaches loving their white quarterbacks. I almost fell out of the chair when someone said that.
                    Bears sure as hell better sign Lovie and give him a BIG ASS CONTRACT. Sure deserves it after the last 3 seasons of building the Bears to what they are now.
                    Also, they better sign Briggs ASAP. Atleast Urlacher knows he needs Briggs, even was willing to re-negotiated/adjust his contract to free the money for Briggs to be signed.

eh, racism and prejudice is a big issue still.. i'm in a class right now, the psychology of prejudice.. it's very interesting.. but I agree with your points of the media over doing it.

go bears

Comment

eh, racism and prejudice is a big issue still.. i'm in a class right now, the psychology of prejudice.. it's very interesting.. but I agree with your points of the media over doing it.

go bears
                      Psych and Sociology, two classes that breed the comtempt of racism and sterotyping. I passed Psych, only because I kept my mouth shut at the bs. Socio, well, first time I've ever had a teacher call me a f*cking arsehole and to leave her class. I tend to not agree with stereotypes that I know first hand are wrong from a teacher preaching them like it's gospel. (spelling...)

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

I don't believe psychology breeds racism or sterotyping. If anything, it explains them from a cognitive stand point.. and we occasionaly delve into the social, evolutionary aspects of each (tho not often or detailed)..

it sounds like you had some poor professors, and never made it into a more focused concentration of either ..

[theres also no such thing as a wrong sterotype, as sterotypes are schemes we categorize individuals into within our own constructs of society -- they are used daily, and not all are negative.]
                        Last edited by jiritt0; 01-30-2007, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Ya, like everybody that posts on cl.com is a beefcak.e
                          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

I don't believe psychology breeds racism or sterotyping. If anything, it explains them from a cognitive stand point.. and we occasionaly delve into the social, evolutionary aspects of each (tho not often or detailed)..

it sounds like you had some poor professors, and never made it into a more focused concentration of either ..

[theres also no such thing as a wrong sterotype, as sterotypes are schemes we categorize individuals into within our own constructs of society -- they are used daily, and not all are negative.]
                            True, but my socio teacher would spew crap like, "Since John Lee is Asian, he must be good at math, or knows martial arts, or can fix a computer with a zip tie." Stupid crap that in no way, shape, or form would be logical. Sure, people fit into different stereotypes sometimes. However, my instructor would make the social stereotype an absolute that MUST BE. Yeah, my instructors sucked, but unfortunately, they were the department heads so not much room to find someone to complain to.

Current Supps:
                            Purple Wraath
                            Green Magnitude
                            Orange Triad
                            White Flood
                            Blue Up
                            100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                              True, but my socio teacher would spew crap like, "Since John Lee is Asian, he must be good at math, or knows martial arts, or can fix a computer with a zip tie." Stupid crap that in no way, shape, or form would be logical. Sure, people fit into different stereotypes sometimes. However, my instructor would make the social stereotype an absolute that MUST BE. Yeah, my instructors sucked, but unfortunately, they were the department heads so not much room to find someone to complain to.

those are prejudice sterotypes..

media has sterotyped asian americans as that (look at movies/tv -- how often is an asian a scientist or math person, not the romantic lover? in fact, how many times have you seen an asian actor in a kissing/sex scence?)

Sterotypes are labels we create for individuals to make life easier on us..

when we approach someone unknown we immediately label them as what we see --- old/young, black/white/asian etc. - blondee/dark hair/etc. -- fat/skinny/etc -- when sterotypes turn into "all asians are good at math" or "all african-americans are lazy" you get prejudice, and when prejudice is acted upon you get racism and/or discrimination.

sounds like your professor was racist, and an idiot.

Comment

Pretty deep conversation steeming from football. Enjoying it. Keep up the intellectual work.
                                Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Working...
                                X