X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apple iphone

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-967...?tag=cnetfd.mt

interesting info:

With the iPhone, Apple just may have an everything-killer on its hands. Is it the ultimate gadget? If so, is it worth $600 for eight gigs of its magicks? Or $500 for four gigs? Them's PS3 prices!

Granted, we haven't even laid a finger on the thing yet, let alone reviewed it. That said, Apple seems to have killed several birds with one stone by addressing some of the iPod's shortcomings while creating a buzz-inducing all-in-one supergadget that everyone will want. And here is why.

It's the first widescreen/touchscreen video iPod, which is good for a few million sales right there.

The iPhone features integrated Wi-Fi capabilities, which means we may finally have a Wi-FiPod on our hands. iTunes can become fully mobile, allowing downloaders to purchase and listen to new songs on the go. A computer may no longer be needed as a middle man to manage your tunes. (Note: According to Kent German's iPhone First Take, it's still unclear whether the iPhone will allow users to download music directly from iTunes. And if not, that would be a shame.)

The iPhone runs Mac OS X, and Steve Jobs made references to the phone being able to run full versions of Mac software, not just mobile apps.

It borrows a fun idea from the Nintendo Wii: built-in motion sensors, which automatically adjust the iPhone's screen orientation and energy output.

It borrows fun ideas from Microsoft and Sony: Origami and the ultramobile PC. It also makes both concepts infinitely cooler and less clunky...so far, at least.

This thing is downright purdy.

It boasts a built-in 2-megapixel camera, which equals some of the best camera phones on the market today. Sony Ericsson's 3.2-megapixel K790a phone still rules the roost on the camera-phone front.

And we haven't even gotten to the part where it's a phone. The "Visual Voicemail" and call-management features look innovatively simple thanks to the nifty touchscreen UI. Add the iPhone's quad-band world phone capabilities and Apple's undying cool factor, and the iPhone becomes a mighty appealing buy for anyone needing a new phone, a new music player, a mobile productivity tool, a cool new toy, or all of the above.

Again, we haven't even held the iPhone yet, let alone played with OS X on the iPhone. That alone almost makes it unfair to compare it to other smart phones on the market. But on paper, the iPhone out-specs some of today's trendiest, slimmest, and top-rated smart phones.
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

I'll jump right out the window before I use a Apple product....

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      I'll jump right out the window before I use a Apple product....

agreed, i hate the ipod.

I wish they compared the iphone to the lg chocolate too... i love that phone!

Comment

the iPhone is freaking awesome, you can hate apple all you want, but the way they keep things simple and they work, whew. I was anti Apple for so long, but after I got into video editing and started to use Macs I wanted one. The iPhone is a great looking piece of hardware, apple's webby has some good quicktimes movies of how it works.

I <3 apple
        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Apple just got sued for the iPhone. Apparently it violates a copyright from another company.

Way to go Steve Jobs!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

I think it was cisco who owned the name "iPhone" and well apple was supposed to give them something in writing saying we'll use it, but pay for it, and never did, oops!
            A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

That would be it.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                I think it was cisco who owned the name "iPhone" and well apple was supposed to give them something in writing saying we'll use it, but pay for it, and never did, oops!
                iphOWNED !!!

^^^^

Can't believe I did it first

Comment

iphOWNED !!!

^^^^

Can't believe I did it first
                  Almost as good as:

Slyvester StallOWNED!!!
                  or
                  OhiOWNED!!! - even though FloridOWNED them!

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

I'm a big fan of Apple / Macintosh. I use mostly apple computers @ my work. They're also coming out with something called the Apple TV which is a simple hookup that goes from your computer to your TV, allowing you to watch movies on your TV screen that are playing on the computer. They're also going to be making something called "iMovies" that's like iTunes, only for movies. (I beleive they are teaming up with Paramount for that.)

Comment

can't wait for this to come out!
                      www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                        can't wait for this to come out!
                        Apple Iphone...now available in.... "a color for every designer outfit"

Comment

Apple Iphone...now available in.... "a color for every designer outfit"
                          Startin to wonder if our "trainer" isn't a little metro?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91

Current Supps:
                            Purple Wraath
                            Green Magnitude
                            Orange Triad
                            White Flood
                            Blue Up
                            100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91

I'm starting to wonder if you have a desire to live past tonite!
                              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Working...
                              X