Bag Spinach -E-coli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag Spinach -E-coli

Ecoli in bagged spinach... DAMN... I love this stuff.. eat it every day.. .I guess its a good thing i've been eating canned
    Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life
    James, Chapter 1, Verse 12

detials?
    Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Originally posted by adoniscomplex
      detials?
      I have been eating a lot of bagged spinach, so i googled this to find out what is going on! http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/15/us/15spinach.html

Comment

A possible link between bagged, fresh spinach and a recent outbreak of the E. coli bacteria in eight states prompted the Food and Drug Administration to warn consumers Thursday afternoon to not eat the vegetable.

One person in Wisconsin died and 49 others became sick -- some with kidney failure -- due to the same strain of E. coli. Most of those affected by the outbreak that began Aug. 23 are women, said Dr. David Acheson of the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, in a conference call to reporters.

The alert prompted many states, including California, to issue their own health advisories, warning consumers to not eat raw, bagged spinach.

Scientists investigating the outbreak have discovered preliminary epidemiological evidence that suggests tainted spinach may be the culprit. The investigation has not narrowed down the source of the outbreak, nor which brands of bagged spinach could be to blame.

Twenty people fell ill in Wisconsin. There were 11 cases in Utah, five in Oregon, four in Indiana, three each in Idaho and Michigan, two in New Mexico and one in Connecticut.

Acheson said reports of infections are growing, and it's unclear how big the outbreak could get.

"It's increasing by the day," he told reporters, "We may be at the peak; we may not be."

The uncertainty prompted health officials to play it safe, and issue a nationwide warning to all consumers to stop eating bagged spinach.

In a news release, California's Public Health Officer Dr. Mark Horton warned consumers of the potential hazard.

"The California Department of Health Services is extremely concerned about this outbreak. We are aggressively investigating possible sources of this outbreak with the federal Food and Drug Administration."

The news immediately made it to some Bay Area grocery stores.

At the Berkeley Bowl Marketplace, workers filled a dumpster with bagged spinach, about $2,000 worth, said customer service representative Culyon Garrison.
        Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life
        James, Chapter 1, Verse 12

Comment

they extended it to cover all fresh spinach now
          REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
          Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
          Purple Psyko
          Gold Feast
          Blue Gene
          Blue Growth
          REDuction AM/PM Shots
          REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
          Orange TRIad
          White Flood (5 Flavors)
          Black Hole
          Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
          Green Bulge
          White Blood 2
          Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
          Blue Up
          Blue Up (Stim-Free)
          GlycerGrow (Elements line)
          CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
          Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

yep. even mcdonalds had to pull it out of our salad mix kits. thats a lottttttta money right there
            Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

Working...
            X