Clear All

Originally posted by testmonster2000
    No, I believe he is a Texan!

.....I kid, I kid!

OUCH THAT WAS A LOW BLOW
    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Wasn't intending to be mean, just having fun.

Or was I...................?
      All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. - Bobby Knight
      Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Tate
        Basically, with training, I think 20% of what you do in the gym is going to give you 80% of the results. Now, the powerlifter's 20% will be in the heavy, heavy ass training that requires the right mental attitude – the max effort work, the speed work. They're blasting 100%. They're tapping into almost all of their recovery abilities just on those 20% movements alone. So training economy becomes extremely important.

Hold on, can I go on a rant here?

Tate: Okay, let's look at this remaining 80%. Most people will look at this 80/20 rule and say, "Okay, we need to place all the focus on this 20%." Bullshit! You need to place your focus on all 100%!

Training is about getting the job done, not just doing part of it. Just about everyone will do the 20%. We live in a country full of 20 percenters: people who start off great but never finish. People give in when things get tough or they get tired.

Then we have those who will do 90% of all the work they need to be doing. These are the ones who'll achieve good results. They're paying their dues and getting their rewards.

The fact is, very few walk the line and take care of all 100%. This is because it's the last 5% that separates the good from the great. This is the work you have to do to be your best. It may not be the work that'll generate 80% of the results, but who the hell wants to be 80 or 90% of what you can be?

Comment

"Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion"

"As long as I can remember I feel I have had this great creative and spiritual force within me that is greater than faith, greater than ambition, greater than confidence, greater than determination, greater than vision. It is all these combined. My brain becomes magnetized with this dominating force which I hold in my hand. "

"To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."

"Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do"

"Out of chaos, find simplicity, From discord, find harmony"

These are all from the late Bruce Lee. He has definately had a huge impact on my life and my inner philosophy, from the way I train (weightlifting and martial arts) to how I train myself mentally.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by Seroph4x
              nice bump!
              where has our ***** guy gone?
              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
              Purple Psyko
              Gold Feast
              Blue Gene
              Blue Growth
              REDuction AM/PM Shots
              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
              Orange TRIad
              White Flood (5 Flavors)
              Black Hole
              Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
              Green Bulge
              White Blood 2
              Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
              Blue Up
              Blue Up (Stim-Free)
              GlycerGrow (Elements line)
              CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
              Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

When a person is used to overcoming challenges, such as a nauseating and mentally draining workout, he becomes more apt at overcoming other challenges in life.

Comment

Get big, get laid.

I don't care whos at the top of the stairs, I'm gonna step up.

Comment

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"
                    Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

Actual sequence of questions asked to me by my philosophy professor

Do you play Hockey?
                      -no

Do you play football?
                      -no

Do you play any sports?
                      -no, not really

Do you plan on competing in bodybuilding?
                      -no

What about powerlifting?
                      -no

The logic behind your lifestyle puzzles me. A computer science student who does nothing but sit behind a computer all day has absolutely no use for bodybuilding. So why do you do it?

-Why do I do it?
                      Because I can.

-The personal satisfaction of enduring incredible feats inside a room filled with iron is what drives me. I have the ability to do things that most people cannot do. The only people that understand the logic behind what I do is the others that join me every single day and do the same."

Glad to say I got a good mark in that class
                      Last edited by malky; 09-23-2007, 12:32 PM.

Comment

you could also detail the positives that results from your lifestyle decisions in terms of healthier body composition, generally longer lifetimes, improved endurance for daily living tasks, improved strength for daily living tasks.. etc.

Comment

yeah but those are obvious. I wanted to give him an answer he couldn't re-buddle to.

Comment

"The better you are the luckier you look"- Steve Spurrier

"There are a lot of people who could have been lucky, but when the opportunity presented itself, they chickened out. That's what seperates a lot of people. Successful people are presented with the same opportunity, but they just grasp it."- Joe Rogan
                            Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Working...
                            X