Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football.....What needs to be strong muscle wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football.....What needs to be strong muscle wise?

Hey, the 2006 football season is about to start for highschool, and i am considering playing next year. I have never played organized football and am trying to learn everything about it so i can start on varsity next year.

My question is, what muscles are really important in football. I am 200 pounds and almost 6'1 right now. I have close to 20 percent bodyfat. I am kinda strong for my age but not for my size. MY legs are a little behind my upper body.

Also, does anyone have a football for dummies site that can help me understand everything.

Thanks

Jdub

explosive strength

overall agility

and physical endurance

Comment

Originally posted by JDub
      Hey, the 2006 football season is about to start for highschool, and i am considering playing next year. I have never played organized football and am trying to learn everything about it so i can start on varsity next year.

My question is, what muscles are really important in football. I am 200 pounds and almost 6'1 right now. I have close to 20 percent bodyfat. I am kinda strong for my age but not for my size. MY legs are a little behind my upper body.

Also, does anyone have a football for dummies site that can help me understand everything.

Thanks

Jdub
      At your weight you would be best at LB or DE on defense and on offense TE. I would recoomend on the off season train with a power chute. It makes you alot more explosive.
      Vote for Keyhawk for mod at a1supplements.com

Comment

Originally posted by KeyHAWK
        At your weight you would be best at LB or DE on defense and on offense TE. I would recoomend on the off season train with a power chute. It makes you alot more explosive.

Well i am on off-season right now, but whats a power chute?

OOOOooOOo do you mean a chute that you tie around your waist and run with?

Jdub

Comment

squats and power cleans will take you a long way. They're a bitch to do but the results will be worth it.

Comment

compound exercises that build explosive strength... Squat, deadlift, power clean/hang clean, snatch, push press, bench press, pullups, dips, barbell rows

work on improving flexibility, agility and sprint speed (particularly in the 40 yd dash)

Comment

Originally posted by JDub
              Well i am on off-season right now, but whats a power chute?

OOOOooOOo do you mean a chute that you tie around your waist and run with?

Jdub
              Here you go. This is what I use
              http://www.power-systems.com/nav/clo...FTySIgodOjIhwQ
              Vote for Keyhawk for mod at a1supplements.com

Comment

you need a strong jaw for shit-talkin' on the field
                www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Working...
                X