Vintage Tees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Tees

I got a Rick Bobby Tallidega night shirt at walmart yesterday... its brand new, i want to give it that old beat up look.. im gonna try this;

link wont work - go to menshealth.com and search instant vintage

1/4 c sodium carbonate washing soda + 2 c salt + 1 pack fine-grit sandpaper + 1 new T-shirt

Step 1: Make Your Mix
    Mix together the washing soda and salt. "The salt acts as an abrasive, making the shirt look older," says Miyong Noh, who, as head dyer at Gene Mignola in New York City, ages clothing for designers such as Calvin Klein and Polo Ralph Lauren. The alkaline washing soda breaks down the new shirt's built-in coating that keeps it stiff, crisp, and . . . well, new. Start with one size larger than you wear; it will shrink considerably.

Step 2: Do The Wash
    Throw the shirt into the washing machine with a towel or with other shirts you're trying to age. Set the machine on the highest temperature. "The heat weakens the fibers," Noh says. After the water has risen past the top of the load, dump in the soda/salt mixture and your usual detergent. After it's done, dry the shirt on high heat. Then mix up another, smaller batch of soda and salt, and repeat the whole cycle three to five times, drying on high heat after each wash.

Step 3: Brush It Off
    Now for that pesky logo. "Most printed shirts are screened with a resin-based material called plastisol," Noh says. "You can distress the hell out of the shirt, and the plastisol logo will still be pristine." Here's where some elbow grease comes in. Using fine sandpaper, lightly swipe at the logo using circular but irregular strokes. "You have to make the aging look natural," says Noh.

anyone ever try this? maybe pu, cl, aries, could try it with a free cl shirt? give it that old classic look...im curious is you need to dry it with max heat.. cos that would be what makes it shrink i think? ima give it a shot when i get back to school or something... i only bought an XL so i duno if that would be good to use.. might go see if they sell an XXL and try to exchange or something.. but i dont want it to be baggy if it doesnt shrink that much.. yaknowhatimean
    Last edited by jiritt0; 08-18-2006, 08:52 AM.

if anyone else has a way to make a new tee shirt look like its been broken in/vintage whatever lemmy knoo..

im tryn to make it look like i been with Ricky Bobby since day 1! Team Wonder Bread baby!!yeaa

Comment

Shake and Bake!
      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

great movie. love the kid's names.
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

"im all jacked up on mountain dew"

Comment

"you know that movie got an emmy." french dude,"oh yea, for what?" r.b,"for being the greatest movie ever made."
            Controlled Labs Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log:
            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1232

Bodybuilding.com Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log sponsored by Contolled Labs
            http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=903768

gettin down to business..

Comment

Working...
            X