• Show
Clear All

• Monday 100215

For time:
    155 pound Squat clean, 15 reps (95#)
    30 Toes to bar (sub'd with inversions)
    30 Box jump, 24 inch box
    15 Muscle-ups (jumping)
    40 pound dumbbell Push press / push jerk, 30 reps (20# db push press)
    30 Double-unders
    135 pound Thruster, 15 reps (70#)
    30 Pull-ups
    30 Burpees
    300 feet Walking lunge with 45lb plate held overhead (25#)

Time: 36:00

Also went for a 10-12 mile hike this morning. It was beautiful out.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Active rest day:

3 Rounds (no time)

3 dead hang pull ups
      3 ring tucks
      3-5 ring rows
      3 handstand holds

Handstand push ups with bands:

Body is definitely tired today.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• "Tabata This!"

Tabata Row
        Rest 1 minute
        Tabata Squat
        Rest 1 minute
        Tabata Pull-up
        Rest 1 minute
        Tabata Push-up
        Rest 1 minute
        Tabata Sit-up

The Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 intervals.
        Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals. Unit for the row is "calories".

Row: 4
        Squat: 15
        Pull Ups: 4
        Push Ups: 6
        Sit Ups: 7

Total: 36

Comment

• Thursday 100218

"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight Used 175 1st round, had to drop it down to 165
          Bench press: body weight 105
          Clean: 3/4 body weight 100

Set up three bars and storm through for time.

Time: 29:10

Can't say I'm disappointed with this time considering the last time I did this wod it was:

Time: 24:06
          Weights:
          DL 135; B 95; C 75

I'm sore as fuck and really miss my Blue Gene!!

Comment

• do you know who creates the crossfit programming?and if so coudl you direct me to a biography/informational review of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
              do you know who creates the crossfit programming?and if so coudl you direct me to a biography/informational review of them?
              I'll see if I can find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                do you know who creates the crossfit programming?and if so coudl you direct me to a biography/informational review of them?
                I think Coach Greg Glassman created some of them...not positive though.

http://www.powerathletesmag.com/arch...ewglassman.htm

Comment

• So I'm doing it...getting my Level One Cert...which by April will be accredited through ANSI.

Comment

• Friday 100219

Five rounds for max reps of:
                    2/3 Body weight thruster
                    Pull-ups

Used 85#'s

7/8 8/8 7/9 6/8 7/8

Felt okay. I'm tired and think I'm going to take advantage of the rest day.

Comment

• thats a cute interview..i really question the idea he creates by saying crossfit can take someone with a 200pd deadlift and get htem to 700+...

goodluck on your cert, im sure it cant be hard - just might need to invest a day or so (?) and it costs more than anything ive ever seen

Comment

• I know you don't care for Crossfit and it's definitely not for everyone. And I don't agree with everything he has to say about Crossfit.....But since I've started my numbers have gone up quite a bit and I am in better shape then I've EVER been my whole life. And I still want to get my personal trainers cert through NASM as well and I'm looking into seminars on Oly's (like you mentioned before).

Who would you recommend for the Oly's?

Comment

• Saturday

Rest day

Skills - Snatch and overhead squat work
                          Run - 2 miles

Comment

• that's an interesting rest day.. how is it anything near rest if your working on olympic lift technique (stressing to the nervous system, even if no weight is being used due to the dynamic nature of the movements) and doing long slow duration cardio (compounded stress on the body, as humans weren't evolutionarily designed to do long slow duration movement)...

anywhooo..hopefully crossfit 101 will educate on overtraining, program design, and a few various forms of periodization (but not western/linear..) right?!?!

i would recommend the CSCS before any other certification out there, and while I may be biased, I also feel it is the most comprehensive certification possible in terms of understanding scientific foundations and applied practices (lifting, cardio, sprinting, multidirection movments, plyos, etc). It is basically required to work with athletes in any form beyond high school..and you can personal train anywhere with it..

like I've said previously, the crossfit one is very pigeoned hole into only working with crossfit program/facilities, which are growing (for better or worse depending on your views) primarily due to the rapidly developing extremely sedenatary and uneducated population with regards to health and fitness

for olympic lifting certifications you dont have much chose of who you learn through unless you are willing to fly wherever for classes. I imagine everyone is really good though; Leo Totten instructed my lvl 1 cert class and he was great. if you dont know oly lifting it will be amazing.. i was able to increase my PR's the first lift after simply by switching to the hook grip
                            check link: http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/pages/7682

they are offered very commonly, at least not around Philly (took me a good year of waiting to finally get one in the area)

but yea, crossfit is okay, it's just not the best thing since sliced bread like they sell it as and how many crossfitters view it as, and in reality the program design is shocked in my opinion..its great for people with no exercise knowledge/motivation in my opinion, that just want to go to a big box type gym, have a semi-decent program and coach telling them what to do ... i see why people get results but at the same time it's very interesting how 15 exercises make up 80% of the movements used (i believe these are the numbers mentioned in the guys interview).. amongst a few other things -- theres some famous coach that rips on crossfit a bit (or at least one time publicly in an article series) -- i read it once and basically agreed 100%

I would be interested in taking crossfit courses,.. just to see what the process/education of a crossfitter is like! but i would never, ever, ever (never ever)x2 spend that amount of ludacris money for it tho

I read a funny joke on the internet awhile back, it went something like this: "Crossfit, making hot chicks and girly men since it's conception." .. it made me giggle

edit: basically for the cost of 1 crossfit certification, you could become an NSCA member, obtain your CPT and CSCS - which will also provide you membership benefits (mainly 2 research journal subscriptions) and still have a hundred bucks or so to spare, maybe use to join USA weightlifting and be closer to another certification..all of which are nationally accredited/valued/respected outside of crossfit (and within crossfit I believe right?!) - don't quote me on all that math/prices, but you get the point I imagine..
                            Last edited by jiritt0; 02-21-2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Sunday 100221

"Garrett"

Three rounds for time of:
                              75 Squats
                              25 Ring handstand push-ups
                              25 L-pull-ups

Time: 20:40

Green/Blue Band assisted hspu
                              Jumping L Pull-ups

Drenched in sweat with this one.

Comment

• Monday 100222

Run or Row 5K

Ran the 5k Time: 29:04

Last 5k was 30:48

Comment

Working...
                                X