200 m Run
    15 Thrusters
    15 Deadlifts
    15 Sumo Deadlift High-pulls
    200 m Run
    15 Hang Power Cleans
    15 Power Cleans
    15 Power Snatches

Time: 35:40 Weight: 65 (except front/back squat 85; deadlift 155)

Sunday:
    Row 1250m
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• For time:
      65 pound Back squat, 50 reps
      15 ft Rope Climb, 5 ascents
      80 pound Back squat, 40 reps
      15 ft Rope Climb, 4 ascents
      105 pound Back squat, 30 reps
      15 ft Rope Climb, 3 ascents
      115 pound Back squat, 20 reps
      15 ft Rope Climb, 2 ascents
      130 pound Back squat, 10 reps
      15 ft Rope Climb, 1 ascent

Time: 28:36

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Monday
        "Tabata This!"

Tabata Row 4
        Rest 1 minute
        Tabata Squat 13
        Rest 1 minute
        Tabata Pull-up 3
        Rest 1 minute
        Tabata Push-up 6
        Rest 1 minute
        Tabata Sit-up 10

The Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 intervals.
        Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals. Unit for the row is "calories".

Tuesday 101012

Snatch balance 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
        Finally hit 95 pounds. It was starting to bother my arm so I didn't want to push it. Last time I practiced this I could only hit 75 so I'm happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
          For time:
          65 pound Back squat, 50 reps
          15 ft Rope Climb, 5 ascents
          80 pound Back squat, 40 reps
          15 ft Rope Climb, 4 ascents
          105 pound Back squat, 30 reps
          15 ft Rope Climb, 3 ascents
          115 pound Back squat, 20 reps
          15 ft Rope Climb, 2 ascents
          130 pound Back squat, 10 reps
          15 ft Rope Climb, 1 ascent

Time: 28:36
          Awesome.
          In for vid.
          kane@controlledlabs.com
          Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
          Looks for the ads, coming soon!
          www.controlledlabs.com
          www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
            Awesome.
            In for vid.
            It sucked!! Lol! When are you coming back?

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
              It sucked!! Lol! When are you coming back?
              Not sure. Always go there in spring... but hoping to go back before Xmas as well.
              kane@controlledlabs.com
              Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
              Looks for the ads, coming soon!
              www.controlledlabs.com
              www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
                Not sure. Always go there in spring... but hoping to go back before Xmas as well.
                Hopefully this time we can get a workout in, it's time I showed you how much stronger and faster I've gotten.

Comment

• Sunday:
                  Was going to attempt CrossFit Total but my shoulder hurt so I couldn't do the shoulder press and deadlifts just weren't happening. So it ended up just being

1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Hit 195

Monday:
                  3 Rounds
                  5 Strict Pull Ups
                  10 Kettle Bell Swings 53/35
                  15 Burpees
                  250m Row

Time: 12:29

I hate burpees!!!

Comment

• So Friday night I went for a workout at California Strength. I was totally excited, I was after all going to be coached by one of the best Olympic lifting coach in the world. His coaching style is a little different then most but he had me under that bar and feeling comfortable in a Snatch in no time!

Here's an article about him, it's a little old but you get the idea.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_1.htm

Comment

• Sunday 101024

21-15-9 reps of:
                      225 pound Deadlift
                      135 pound Overhead squat

Still sore from Friday and a bit hungover so I kept it light.

Time: 10:42 Weight: 135 DL 45 OHS

10-25-10
                      Ten for load and time of:
                      1 Clean and Jerk
                      5 Pull-ups
                      10 Push-ups
                      15 Squats

Time: 13:26 Weight: 95#

I didn't push myself on this one. I paced it knowing I was going to need to be able to keep going with 10 rounds. I should have used heavier weight but oh well.

Wednesday
                      Back Squats
                      3-3-3-3-3

165 - No pr's. I actually thought I had gone down in weight but I didn't.

Sunday 101031

155 pound Squat Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

The barbell goes from ground to overhead, passing through a front squat in which the crease of the hip passes below the height of the kneecap. The finish position is with the arms, hips and knees fully extended, arms overhead, with at least a portion of the ear visible in front of the arm. Dropping the barbell is acceptable.

Weight: 85# Time: 13:42

Comment

• Thursday 101104

Snatch one rep every minute on the minute for 15 minutes.

Really wanted to take the week off and see if my arm feels better but I love this workout so I couldn't resist.

45 - 75 (failed @ 80)

If I didn't do a (near) perfect Snatch I did the weight again. Then went up when I nailed it. Missed on 80 so dropped it back to 75, it was ugly so went back down to 65. I'm happy with this. My Snatches are getting better.

Comment

• Took a week off from the gym last week. Shoulder is still bothering me but not as much. Doctor says I have tendinitis. I have a hard time with heavy stuff overhead. I can't do push ups or shoulder pressesand nothing over 85-90#'s going overhead. So I'm going to be squatting alot.

Yesterday:

Front Squats
                          3x95
                          3x105
                          3x110
                          3x115
                          3x120
                          5x95

Comment

• Does that mean you wont be doing heavy shoulder/rotators cuff exercises permanently? Or just for a set amount of time? That would suck
                            "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                            CFD

Comment

• Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                              Does that mean you wont be doing heavy shoulder/rotators cuff exercises permanently? Or just for a set amount of time? That would suck
                              For now I won't. It will just depend on my shoulder, if I can I will but if it's painful then no. I've been avoiding upper body exercises other then stretching and it's feeling a bit better. Last night I went bowling and it hurt a little but I'm not feeling any pain right now.

Comment

• Friday:
                                California Strength

Snatch technique
                                Jerk technique

Snatch - Shoulder got tired real quick so no pr and no heavy weight.
                                Jerk - Need to practice getting that front foot out more.

Overall not a bad night. Ran into the owner of my old gym, she is also a chiropractor/sports rehab. I'm going to be paying her a visit for my tendinitis.
                                Going to be following the Pendlay workouts for a while. Get my squats stronger, especially my overhead squats.

Comment

Working...
                                X