• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday

"Amanda"
    9-7-5
    Muscle Up
    Snatch 135/95

This wod was no joke, I subbed c2b pull ups and deep ring dips for the mu. I only used 55#'s and it took me 19:04 to finish this. I didn't go for speed (obviously) I just tried to work on my form.

Monday

For time:
    Run 1200 meters
    63 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood
    36 Pull-ups
    Run 800 meters
    42 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood
    24 Pull-ups
    Run 400 meters
    21 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood
    12 Pull-ups

I almost gave up on this one. I mean I stopped in the middle of my 42kbs and just laid down. Said that was it, not going any further. My back was so tight during my 800m run. I knew this wod would wreck my back. KB and running, thrusters and rowing, deadlifts all destroy me. I even thought...maybe I need to take a week off.

Then I got back up after about 5 minutes and finished the workout.

Time: 35:25 rx'd (women)

Tuesday

7 Rounds
    3 Cleans 205/135
    4 Ring hspu/hspu

At the games there was a cap of 12 minutes.

I did 115 and hspu to 2 abmats. Time: 12:34

I had to rest for about 30 seconds after my cleans before I went up for hspu. Most of my hspu's were unbroken til I got to my 6th round and either I was too close or just that tired but it too me a few tries to get them all in.

AMRAP (10 min)
    15 Double Unders
    10 Side jumps (2 paralette bars side by side, ends touching)
    5 Push Ups (hands must leave ground)

7 rounds + 9 double unders

Wednesday......tbd.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Sunday:
      Mini wod:
      3 rounds (7 min cap)
      30 Push ups (xf standard)
      12' Wall climb
      21 Ohs 65

Didn't even finish my first round I was so winded, got to my 17th ohs. I did a rope climb instead of the wall climb.

30 second rests

3 rounds
      30 toes to bar
      21 ground to overhead 65

Didn't finish the first round either, got to about 15 power snatches.

Monday:
      Grace
      30 Clean and Jerks 135/95

Time: 5:37 Rx'd

Tuesday
      I really, really didn't think it was going to take me this long to do Roy today.

"Roy"

Five rounds for time of:
      225 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
      20 Box jumps, 24 inch box
      25 Pull-ups

Time: 39:49 Weight: 155 Box: 20"

Got 2 blisters during my 3rd round on my right hand. Didn't hurt (pretty ugly callouses) so I kept going. 4th round I got a new blister on my left hand, that one hurt because that was fresh skin. It took me forever to finish my pull ups after that. Not to mention I have one more blister coming up on my right hand. Was going to end it there but didn't, kept going and finished with push ups instead of pull ups. The great news is that my back didn't hurt at all with the deadlifts. My class paid off!!

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• 7/30/10
        3 Rounds:
        30 Double Under's
        20 Ring Dips (w/red band)
        10 Situps (GHD)

Time: 9:30

Pants almost fell off with double unders, shot myself in the boob with the band during ring dips. What can I say, I'm not the most graceful.

8/1/10
        Had the craziest and best CrossFit wod EVER today. Hit up CrossFit Santa Cruz this morning for their obstacle course.

You start at the monkey bars and work your way through the bars/rings. Then you jump over the homemade wall, climb over the net/ladder. Do either a muscle up or skin the cat on the rings, run through racks, hop over all the paralett bars (one at a time). Step on all the boxes, do a handstand walk/forward rolls, mu/stc, climb the rope, hand walk across parrel bars, mu/stc, climb rope, move at least 5 wall balls from one box to the other. Shimmy under 4 low bars (crawl), overhead walking lunges 25/45# (about 15 steps) then either 10 hspu/hold. Amrap in 30

I did 3 rounds and it was incredibly fun. This is by far the funniest thing I have ever done. They videod it so hopefully they'll post it.

Sunday 100801

Five rounds for time of:
        135 pound Squat clean thruster, 5 reps
        10 Chest to bar pull-ups

Time: 15:58 Weight: 105

I had the bar set up at 95, one of the kids showed up at the last minute so I gave him my bar and set up another for me. The first 5 felt like death, I couldn't figure it out. When I did a few during the warm up it didn't feel that bad. I was watching the kid and he was having a hard time so I went over and had him watch me do another squat clean (using his bar) and it felt so much lighter. Like a dork I had grab the 55# bar. I didn't get chest to bar, I just kipped the pull ups.

8/2/10
        Three rounds for time of:
        50 Double-unders
        25 Wallball "2-fer-1s", 20 pound ball

This wod should be named Wallballs from Hell!!!

Time: 13:17 Weight: 14

Comment

• Friday 100806

Five rounds for time of:
          5 Muscle-ups
          115 pound Overhead squat, 10 reps
          15 Toes to bar
          20 GHD Sit-ups

Sub'd 5 Pull ups and 5 Deep ring dips (w/ppl bnd) for Mu's.

Time: 35:19 Weight: 65

Very happy with my ohs. First were unbroken, after that 2 sets of 5. I added a 5#plate under the ball for my squats and hit the ball every time.

FYI - When a blister hasn't healed and you get another blister on top of it...it's a blood blister.

Saturday
          * Snatch - 80% x 1 x 5 85#
          * Clean & jerk - 80% x 1 x 5 105#
          * Pause back squat (3 sec pause in bottom) - 3RM 2 @ 135;2 @ 145;2 @ 175
          * Stiff-legged deadlift - 3 x 6 145

10 hspu's 2 abmats (did 8 to 2 abmats; 2 to 1 abmat+10# plate)

4 sprints for fun and work on pose method

Sunday 100808

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
          125 pound Back squat, 7 reps
          25 pound dumbbell Overhead walking lunge, 10 steps (right hand)
          7 Burpees
          25 pound dumbbell Overhead walking lunge, 10 steps (left hand)

5 full rounds. Had 37 seconds left but I was happy finishing 5 rounds considering I didn't want to do this one at all.....those burpees. I was going to do a different wod because of those darn burpees but I made myself do this. My abs still really hurt from Friday's wod. And my *** was on fire today. But my back felt strong, my squats felt solid and my back didn't bother me at all. I made sure to do some nice stretching and rolling out after.

Monday
          "SQT"

95 pound Ground to overhead, 10 reps
          200 yard Shuttle sprint, 50 yards there and back twice

Time: 5:37

I jogged my legs were so sore. After I felt bad because then I'm wondering if I went all out what my time would have been.

Comment

• Wednesday

Lizzie
            12, 9, 6, 3 for reps:

Power Cleans 185 lbs
            Ring Dips

Time: 10:16 Weight: 115

Thursday
            5 Rounds:
            3 Deadlifts 315/210
            5 Clapping Push Ups
            40 yd sprints

Time: 9:06 Weight:200

Weight felt heavy as **** today. Did Push Ups with hand releases....because I forgot they were clapping push ups. I think tomorrow will be a real rest day.

Comment

• Tuesday:
              So I did some knee snatches with the dowel and worked on my hspu's. And tried a few kipping hspu's. I got 1.

I finally landed on my feet with the knee snatches. I was very excited.

Wednesday:
              Lizzie

12, 9, 6, 3 for reps:
              Power Cleans 185 lbs
              Ring Dips

Time: 10:16 Weight: 115

Thursday:
              5 Rounds:
              3 Deadlifts 315/210
              5 Clapping Push Ups
              40 yd sprints

Time: 9:06 Weight:200

Weight felt heavy as **** today. Did Push Ups with hand releases....because I forgot they were clapping push ups.

Friday:
              "Annie"

50-40-30-20 and 10 rep rounds of:
              Double-unders
              Sit-ups

Time: 7:45 (last time 11:34)

Saturday:

8 mile bike ride. My bum hurts.

Sunday:
              3 rounds (not for time)
              Max reps strict pull ups (could only get 3)
              400m run
              5 box jumps 30"

Did 20 hspu's to 2 abmats after that for practice. I feel really good today. I'm losing a little bit of strength on the pull ups but other then that I feel great. I tried to do a weighted pull up but I couldn't get my chin over the bar.

Comment

• Monday
                30 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball (10.5 foot target)
                75 pound Squat snatches, 30 reps (movement initiates with barbell below the knees)

14/45#'s Time: 21:36

Arms = Jello

Tuesday
                Rest

Wednesday
                "Nate"

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
                2 Muscle-ups
                4 Handstand Push-ups
                8 2-Pood Kettlebell swings

So I didn't even get half the rounds I did with my last Nate but I don't care. I thought about going back to pull ups/dips for a sub but said screw it. I did jumping mu's instead. I put the rings so if I were standing they were at head level (instead of pit level, like I usually do). I jumped (from kneeling) into that transition, rings nice and deep...feet couldn't touch the ground so how was I going to get out of this you ask? I kicked with all my might and I got myself into that locked out position. Yay!!! No bands, no regular dips or jumping to lock out. Straight deep, ring dips.

My shoulders were still toast from the Squat Snatch wod and these mu's so my hspu's suffered. They were real ugly and I could only do singles with an occasional double. Couldn't even kip these so I had to take long breaks.

End results:
                5 Rounds + 1 Mu (failed twice on the 2nd one)
                HSPU's to 2 abmats (1st round to 1 plus 10plate)
                KB Swings with 53# kb

Comment

• Friday 100820

15 ft Rope Climb, 5 ascents
                  21 Ring dips (with sml ppl band)
                  50 Squats

Time: 20:57 (last time was 18:39 w/8 rope climbs)

There was no way I could do the dips without the band. I was still sore from the other day and it didn't feel any better as I got warmer. It got worse. Either way I'm happy with my time.

Comment

• Sunday 100822

400 meter Walking lunge

Time: 14:13

Comment

• Tuesday 100824
                      Tie a five-pound plate to hang an honest 18" above your tiptoe reach and complete 5 rounds for time of:
                      50 Jump and touch
                      40 Squats
                      30 Sit-ups
                      20-Push-ups
                      10 Pull-ups

Time: 31:31 (14" jump) Rx'd

Wednesday 100825
                      One word for this wod = Pathetic.

Squats:
                      22, 22, 20, 18, 16, 16, 16, 14
                      Can you believe that crap, I tried so hard for at least 15 too.

M/U: (jumping from knees)
                      I tried about 4 times and I just couldn't get locked out on my dip.

14x1=14

Comment

• 10-29-10
                        I had a blast at Catalyst yesterday. The class was great, nothing spectacular just technique. She didn't really have to correct me on anything. Kara said I need to get aggressive arms and push my knees out. It helped that they had women's bar. Made it easier to practice form. They are going to try it have these classes each month so I'll be sure to go to them.

After the class I got to watch the weight lifting team workout. It was awesome!! I want to train at that gym...FOREVER!!! They were all so amazingly strong.

Here's a little video I took of Greg Everett. (wfs)
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OowWfcRJA

* Snatch - 65% x 1 x 3 45#
                        * Clean & jerk - 60% x 1 x 3 75#
                        * Snatch shrug - 80% (of snatch) x 3 x 3 45#
                        * Front squat - 65% x 4 x 3 75#
                        I did the front squats without any hands. Arms out front, weight on shoulders. Felt great!

8-30-10
                        Snatch - 75% x 1 x 3 Weight: 45#
                        Clean & jerk - 70% x 1 x 3 85#
                        Snatch pull - 90% (of snatch) x 3 x 3 85#
                        Snatch deadlift - 100% (of snatch) x 3 x 3 95#
                        Front squat - 75% x 3 x 5; follow each set immediately with 3 box jumps 110# and 30" box

Still uncomfortable with a full Snatch, the bar is about all I can do with good form. The Snatch Pull and Deadlift left my back a little tired so my form is probably bad with these. The front squats felt solid.

8-31-10
                        5 rounds for time:
                        5 Power Cleans 105#
                        20 Double Unders

Time: 5:41 Couldn't get my double unders to string for the life of me. My legs were so tired. They didn't want to move off the ground. Oh well, at least I didn't pee myself.

Power snatch - 80% x 1 x 4 75#
                        Power clean + power jerk - 80% (of PC) x 1 x 4 100#
                        Overhead squat - 80% x 1; 70% x 2 x 2 80# 70#

4 sets; no rest:
                        10 pull-ups
                        10 sandbag muscle snatches 25# db

5 strict; 5 kips
                        3 strict; 7 kips
                        2 strict; 8 kips
                        2 strict; 8 kips

The pull ups were supposed to be strict so I did as many as I could and the rest I kipped.

Comment

• For any of you that follow my log you can see I've switched up my programming. I'm going to start going to the oly classes at Catalyst Athletics in Sunnyvale. They are a total bad ass gym there specialized in Olympic Weightlifting. I have the basics but I need someone to tweak it now. So for a little while I'll be following his online programming with some Crossfit stuff in between.

Good thing I'm back on my Bulge!

Comment

• Snatch - 70% x 1 x 4 55#
                            Clean & jerk - 75% x 1 x 3 95#
                            Clean pull - 90% (of clean) x 3 x 3 115#
                            Clean deadlift - 100% (of clean) x 3 x 3 135#
                            Back squat - 75% x 3 x 5; follow each set immediately with 3 box jumps 150# 30" box jumps

The squats were tough, I think I've lost a bit of strength. The Snatch felt good, it did it from a hang though. My catch for the Cleans still need a bit of work.

Comment

• 9-3-10
                              "Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight 155
                              Bench press: body weight 95
                              Clean: 3/4 body weight 85

Time: 27:15

This is one wod I don't have any desires to rx or do fast. This kills my back and I want to be able to move tomorrow. Plus I was working on my clean form and I'm really happy with them.

9-5-10
                              4 rounds:
                              10 tire flips
                              40m prowler sprints

Fun! Fun! Fun! But tough!! Not for time..it is Sunday after all.

Tuesday 100907

Five rounds for time of:
                              Row 250 meters
                              135/95 pound Front squat, 10 reps
                              15 GHD Sit-ups
                              20 Box jumps, 24/20" inch box

Time: 25:34 Women's rx'd

J-E-L-L-O!!!

Comment

• "Fran"

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
                                65 pound Thruster
                                Pull-ups

Time: 8:16 12 seconds slower My arms were toast when it came down to the pull ups. That's what held me back. My thrusters weren't even the hard part.

Comment

Working...
                                X