• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 100309

Five rounds for time of:
    15 foot L-rope climb, 1 ascent
    5 Parallette handstand push-ups
    45 pound barbell One-legged overhead squat, 10 reps

For the rope climb, begin seated on the ground. For the handstand push-ups, the ears should dip below hand level. For the one-legged squats, alternate legs.

Time: 7:38

Did a regular rope climb, not strong enough for the L-Climbs. Blue band hspu's and did single leg back squats with the bar instead of overhead. I couldn't stay balanced.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Wednesday 100310

Ten rounds for time of:
      135 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
      15 push-ups

Time: 20:55
      Weight: 115

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Thursday 100311

Three rounds for time of:

30 Double-unders
        25 L-pull-ups (jumping)
        50 pound dumbbells Squat clean, 20 reps (used 25#)

Time: 24:29

Wasn't too pleased with the time and this was a really hard one for me. Do not like dumbbell squat cleans at all. My shoulders were on fire.

Comment

• Friday
          Rest

Saturday 100313

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
          Run 400m
          40 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball

3 Complete rounds plus 400m run. Back is starting to hurt again.

Comment

• Sunday 100314

Weighted pull-ups 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Strict pull up 15#
            Kips 27.5#

Went for a 5 hour hike yesterday and my knee is jacked up today. It started hurting halfway through our hike any time I had to go down hill. Icing it today. Hopefully I'll be able to do squats tonight.

Comment

• Monday 100315

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
              15 Back extensions
              15 Knees to elbows
              95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

6 Rounds + 12 back extensions

Comment

• Wednesday 100317

"Murph"

For time:
                1 mile Run
                100 Pull-ups
                200 Push-ups
                300 Squats
                1 mile Run

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Time: 48:17 No vest. That last run was the worst thing ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                  Wednesday 100317

"Murph"

For time:
                  1 mile Run
                  100 Pull-ups
                  200 Push-ups
                  300 Squats
                  1 mile Run

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Time: 48:17 No vest. That last run was the worst thing ever.

Comment

• Thursday 100318

Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Didn't happen today. I barely made 235. Maybe next time.

Comment

• Saturday:

Worked on running, sprints and butterfly kips.

Sunday 100321

For time:
                      Row 1K
                      40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 50 reps
                      Row 750m
                      40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 35 reps
                      Row 500m
                      40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 20 reps

These are one-arm squat snatches, alternating arms.

Time: 24:08 Used 20# db.

Comment

• Monday 100322

Three rounds for time of:
                        275 pound Deadlift, 10 reps
                        50 Double-unders

Time: 10:18 Used 155#, really didn't want to do 185. :rofl:

Comment

• Tuesday 100323

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Chest-to-bar pull-up
                          Box jump, 30 inch box
                          GHD sit-up

Time: 15:17

I think I did okay. I used a 24" box and put a 25# plate on top for the box jumps. Can't quite get 30" yet but I cleared the plate no problem so I can probably add another inch to it next time. I really did want to quit at the 7 rep mark. That was way harder then it looked.

Comment

• Thursday 100325

Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Only got 95 again. Failed twice at 100. Funny cause 95 didn't feel all that heavy. My head went into a different place and that was it. My shoulder is still bugging me a little bit so that could have been it too. Helped coach a couple of other guys on the snatch so that was cool. I had to be their example too.

Comment

• Had a long and exhausting weekend. I volunteered to help out at the NorCal CrossFit Sectionals. One of the best and most amazing experiences ever. I got to judge the athletes both days.

Saturday:

Workout A
                              Against a 6-minute running clock:
                              Run 800m
                              Max rep overhead squats (115/75lbs)

Scored by total number of overhead squats.

Workout B
                              Max rounds plus reps in 10 minutes of:
                              7 Thrusters (115/75lbs)
                              12 Kettlebell Swings (53/35lbs)
                              7 Pull-ups

Sunday:
                              Workout C1
                              In 6 minutes, work up to a max squat clean to overhead.

* The bar must start on the ground, you must pass through a squat, and then send the bar overhead in any manner you choose.
                              * You'll be able to designate your opening weight before the workout begins, and the judge will be able to help you load and unload weights. In addition, you'll have plenty of time to warm-up prior to the beginning of your heat.

Workout C2
                              At the immediate conclusion of Workout C1, perform the following for time:
                              Sprint 50m
                              25 Burpees
                              100-yard Walking Lunge
                              Then 5 Rounds of:
                              - 15 Dumbbell Shoulder-to-Overhead (40/25lbs)
                              - 100-yard Dumbbell Farmers Walk (40/25lbs)
                              Then 25 Burpees
                              Row 500m
                              Run 450 yards

Each workout will be scored separately; workout C1 will be scored by max load, while workout C2 will be scored by time. There will be a 35-minute cap on workouts C1 and C2 combined, meaning you have to get through workout C2 in 29 minutes.

Sunday was a really tough one. Those were the top athletes and they were tired and mentally drained. I was yelled and cursed at but it was all worth it. I got more then my fair share of working out in. We were short judges so we judged heat after heat without breaks. I have no voice left today because honestly, you can't judge and not coach too. You just want so much to see them succeed. Their pain was your pain. I ran with my athletes, coached them through every step. I was even requested by the #1 ranking athlete to judge her. That really made my day. Even the one's that yelled or cursed at me came back to me later to say thank you for helping to push them through the workout. I'd do this again in a heartbeat!

Comment

• Patrick Barber

Lauren Galassi - Took 1st place in Womens

Me judging Lauren

Last edited by bull.dogz; 03-30-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X