• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 100201

Five rounds for time of:
    155/105 pound Thruster, 5 reps
    5 Muscle-ups (or 15 dips/15 pull-ups)
    Run 400m

Time: 29:53 Weight: 105 (for 1st round; 105 1-rep 2nd round and dropped to 95 for remainder).

What a kick ass wod!! My form was horrible with the 105 so I dropped it down. Was able to get 3/2 for all rounds. Sub'd with ring dips and pull-ups. I did it under 30 which I am really happy about. I thought for sure I was at about 32 minutes in.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Tuesday 100202

"Griff"

For time:
      Run 800 meters
      Run 400 meters backwards
      Run 800 meters
      Run 400 meters backwards

Time: 16:24 1st time......Time: 16:40

Yes, I did this one twice. I wasn't happy with my backwards run so I tried it again with a different foot strike. First one I was running backwards mostly on the balls of my feet so my quads were on fire. I ran it the second time mostly landing on my heels and that did give me the burning that I had with the first.

Now, all I can say is I'm really sorry I did this one twice...tomorrow is Kelly.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Wednesday 100203

"Kelly"

Five rounds for time of:
        Run 400 meters
        30 Box jump, 24 inch box
        30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball

Time: 38:16 with 24" box jumps.

Wow this one sucked big time. I really wanted to give up after 3 rounds. I'm pretty sure at one point I was passed by granny and her walker during my run. Box jumps were pretty much 3 at a time to keep from falling on my face. Wall balls were 5 at a time.

Comment

• Worked on handstand push ups tonight.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Friday 100205

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 rep rounds of:
            135 pound Sumo deadlift high-pull
            Pull to inverted hang and lower as slowly as possible

On SDHP's, pull the bar to make contact under the chin. On pulls to inverted hang, keep arms, trunk, hips, and legs as straight as possible, both up and down. This is not for time.

When I grow up I want to be a monkey!!!epper:

So I was able to do the inversions.....kinda. The first 21-18 I was able to go up and hold upside down no problem. I kinda used the rope from the rings to keep me from going all the way over (although a few times I did go all the way around). After that it was kicking myself up and trying to slowly lower. I'm not strong enough to lower yet so most of my controlled release was more like a flop. I used 75 for the sdhp's. Heck, that was the easy part. I should have used more weight on the sdhp's.

This is an inversion:
            http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...ndDescents.mov

Comment

• Saturday 100206

Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5-5-5 reps

165-170-175-180-185-190-200

Then for shits and giggles I tested my one rep max....215. Tried twice for 220 and failed. Wasn't going to force it. My last one rep max was 205.
              Last edited by bull.dogz; 02-06-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Sunday 100207

"Stephen"

30-25-20-15-10-5 rep rounds of:
                GHD sit-up
                Back extension
                Knees to elbow
                95 pound Stiff legged deadlift

Time: 22:13
                Modified with abmat/supermans; weight 85.

I had a pretty bad hangover this morning so anything upside down was not about to happen. My back was really tight from deads yesterday so the supermans were pretty hard.

Comment

• Tuesday 100209

Resting 60 seconds between sets:
                  Back squat 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Stuck with 165 the whole time. Felt pretty heavy today.

Comment

• Wednesday 100210

For time:
                    50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound
                    25 L Pull-ups
                    40 Wall ball shots, 20 pound
                    20 L Pull-ups
                    30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound
                    15 L Pull-ups
                    20 Wall ball shots, 20 pound
                    10 L Pull-ups

Time: 14:53 Jumping L pullups and 14# mb.
                    Last edited by bull.dogz; 02-10-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Thursday 100211

Five rounds for time of:
                      Row 500 meters
                      135/95 pound Power clean, 12 reps
                      95/70 pound Thruster, 15 reps

Time: 30:57

Comment

• Saturday 100213

1 rep-max Snatch

Ten minute time limit, not including warm up.

95#s

3 Rounds: (not for time)
                        Handstand holds (against wall)
                        Dead hang pull ups (as many as I can...about 3)
                        Ring Dips (with small purple band)
                        10 GHD's
                        10 Back Ext

Really want to build up some strength for muscle ups and handstand push-ups.

The owner also asked if I could get certified by this summer so I can start coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                          The owner also asked if I could get certified by this summer so I can start coaching.
                          they paying ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                            they paying ?
                            He hasn't offered. I was kinda thinking the same thing. We'll see how badly he wants me to coach there.

Comment

• if not, there is no way I would do it. IMO crossfit certifications are a huge rip off - a couple grand for each one, and all you can do is use them at a crossfit facility!

for significantly less you can get the NSCA-CSCS and work at almost any location dealing with personal training/sport performance coaching/etc.
                              (obviously working with advanced clientale requires an advanced resume ontop of certifications)

I imagine the CSCS is significantly harder, requiring you to learn biomechanics, physiology, weight lifting, agility, & speed training as well as the direct application and inter-relation of everything (to an extent)... it is also nationally accredited and requires a continued education to ensure certified members stay active in learning new concepts
                              Last edited by jiritt0; 02-14-2010, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Sunday 100214

Max rounds and reps in eight minutes of:
                                4 Handstand push-ups
                                2 pood Kettlebell swing, 8 reps
                                12 GHD situps

3 GHD's short of 5 full rounds! :ranting2: I used the bands to help with the hspu's since I was barely moving an inch on them against the wall. I also used the 52(3?)# kb for swings. I was really quite happy with that considering that the 44's used to hurt my back. I was able to do these swings without any pain. Man were they tough though.

Comment

Working...
                                X