• Show
Clear All

• Great job on the run!

Comment

• Originally posted by HotRod View Post
      Great job on the run!
      Thanks!
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Wod:

Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

185lbs

Yep, that's right. My one rep max went up 10lbs. Although I think it has more to do with being warn out the last time I did them. Tried to hit 190 but that extra 5lbs may as well have been 100lbs.

Threw in some Bulgarian split squats and single leg hamstring bridges with 25lbs at the end just to get more work in. These max days feel closer to rest days sometimes.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• 3 rounds:

Row 20 cal
          20 push press 55
          20 box jumps
          20 SDHP 55 (can be done with a bar or kb)
          20 Wall ball 14

1 min rest between rounds record total time with rest.

Round 1: 9:54
          Round 2: 23:43
          Round 3: 38:06 (total time)

Had to do rocket balls, back was killing me. No more workouts for the week. Maybe Saturday if it feels better.

Comment

• Supposed to be a rest day but 4 days of rest is too long. Didn't go to crossfit today because the WOD would kill my back again:

Saturday 090725

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
            10 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
            10 GHD Sit-ups
            10 Back extensions

Instead went to my gym, hit chest and triceps....really light with only 3 exercises for each. I mainly wanted to get in some cardio. Did 30 minutes split between the stairmill and the treadmill.

Actually, I kinda miss my gym workouts.

Comment

• Done with day 4 of my rest day. Hit the gym for light legs and cardio:

Walking lunges ~ 40 bb (these are about the only exercises that don't bother my back at all)
              Single leg squats ~ (hack - 20lbs; kept it really light because these will bug my back)
              Yes/No machines ~ 100/115/130 (aka good girl/bad girl machines)
              Seated ham curls ~ 70/65/60
              Seated ext ~ 90/85/80

Deadmill ~ 20 minutes

Comment

• Do you ever train your lower back?! You write alot about how it bothers you and you can't perform certain exercises because of it, but what are you doing to correct this?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                  Do you ever train your lower back?! You write alot about how it bothers you and you can't perform certain exercises because of it, but what are you doing to correct this?
                  Other than hypers and the work it gets from deads, I guess no. It's a bulging disc so I'm not sure what I can do about it. I've just been trying to stretch more.

Comment

• We have a date on Thursday?
                    kane@controlledlabs.com
                    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                    www.controlledlabs.com
                    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
                      We have a date on Thursday?
                      You got it! If you can't get the car let me know I can either come get you or pick you guys up at bart.

Comment

• Cindy

"Cindy"
                        Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
                        5 Pull-ups
                        10 Push-ups
                        15 Squats

15 rounds!!

Not too shabby considering my legs were toast from yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                          You got it! If you can't get the car let me know I can either come get you or pick you guys up at bart.
                          that's my only concern. So I'll let you know by Wednesday.
                          kane@controlledlabs.com
                          Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                          Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                          www.controlledlabs.com
                          www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
                            that's my only concern. So I'll let you know by Wednesday.
                            Cool, I told my work I was leaving early so it won't be a problem just let me know.

Comment

• Almost forgot....my gym got 2 ropes. I climb it halfway today but I was wearing shorts so kinda gave me alittle rope burn. So I'll attempt it with pants on.

Comment

• Wod

Tuesday 090728

With a continuously running clock do one 135 pound Clean and Jerk the first minute, two 135 pound Clean and Jerks the second minute, three 135 pound Clean and Jerks the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

I did 9 rounds with 65lbs. After resting a while, I felt pretty good so I tried it again...this time 7 rounds with 75lbs. Not too shabby eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X