• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
    Warm Up:
    800m run
    10 Burpees
    30 Situps
    (basically, didn't want to do 2 rounds in this heat)

WOD:
    Back squat, 1 rep ~ 145lbs
    Shoulder Press, 1 rep ~ 75lbs
    Deadlift, 1 rep ~ 175lbs

the workout was only 3 reps total?!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      the workout was only 3 reps total?!
      Lol, that's what I thought it was going to be but no. We had to work up to our max rep. So I did quite a few reps playing with the weight to see how heavy I could go. We just record our max.

You were supposed to do something like this:

5 reps at half your max rep
      3 at 3/4 max rep
      then you get 3 chances at your max rep

but since I didn't know what my max rep was I had to just keep adding weights slowly.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Work it girl !!

Comment

• I did Eva

Five rounds for time of:
          Run 800 meters
          2 pood Kettlebell swing, 30 reps (35#)
          30 Pull-ups (jump)

Time: 50:59

This was a rough one. I still think the Wallball workout was harder. This just took longer.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• I should have ran.......

Walk down to the end of the court and back:

Overhead bb (65lbs - shoulders and back couldn't take it; had to do a front squat hold)
            Sandbag run (sml 25lbs ~ this was more of a walk)
            Medicine ball walk (20lbs ~ by far the easiest part)
            Farmers walk (35lb kb ~ these really hurt my forearms, I have no grip strength)
            Sprint (granny jog)

Time: 21:02 (I think, I know it was 21 something)

My back and shoulders are really tired from yesterdays workout and I was really feeling it in this workout. Going to roll out my back some.

The workout of the day was to run a 10k........obviously, I didn't.

Comment

• 7/2/09 wod

20 push ups / 1 sit up
              19 push ups / 2 sit up
              18 push ups / 3 sit up
              17 push ups / 4 sit up
              16 push ups / 5 sit up
              15 push ups / 6 sit up
              14 push ups / 7 sit up
              13 push ups / 8 sit up
              12 push ups / 9 sit up
              11 push ups / 10 sit up
              10 push ups / 11 sit up
              9 push ups / 12 sit up
              8 push ups / 13 sit up
              7 push ups / 14 sit up
              6 push ups / 15 sit up
              5 push ups / 16 sit up
              4 push ups / 17 sit up
              3 push ups / 18 sit up
              2 push ups / 19 sit up
              1 push ups / 20 sit up

Time: 38:27

I am so sore today. This will be a definite rest day.

Comment

• Badger

Complete three rounds for time of:
                95 pound Squat clean, 30 reps (done w/ 65lbs)
                30 Pull-ups (jump)
                Run 800 meters

Time: 47:13

I wasn't sure how I was going to get through this one since my upper body was still so sore but after the warm up I felt much better. I've finally got the flow of the clean down and kept pretty good form. I could only do about 3 or 4 before I had to rest. I didn't want to risk my back with bad form on these. Especially since I finally have it. I really love these workouts.....but I'm grateful for another rest day tomorrow!

Comment

• Just reading about it makes me feel sore.

Comment

• Done on Monday:

Sunday 090705
                    Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps (75lbs)
                    Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps (85lbs)
                    Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps (85lbs)

The push jerks were hard on my already sore wrists so the heaviest I went was 85lbs but some of the sets were done with just the bar. Working on my form and getting the flow of this move. I'm sure I did more than the 5 sets, at least my wrists feel like it.

Comment

• Bruised but not broken ~ Today's WOD:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 rep rounds of:
                      185 pound Front squat (used 85lbs)
                      GHD Sit-up

Time: 20:09

Practiced a little with the hold and I think I've finally got it. Didn't hurt when I used just the bar, although I almost choked myself. :P

I'm not even going to post the warm up which includes jump ropes, box jumps, walking lunges, situps, pushups and some other things I can't remember.....

I won't lie, I checked the other girls time and most of them did lighter weight but was faster by about 5 minutes. All except Suzie. I'm going to beat her. She did 95lbs in about 15 minutes. My goal right now is to be faster and stronger than Suzie.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                        Warm up:
                        500m row/400m run (1st round rows/2nd run)
                        5 Burpees
                        15 Situps
                        2 rounds

Two rounds of:
                        Right arm barbell push-press 12 reps (used 30# db)
                        Left arm deadlift 12 reps (65# bb)
                        Run 800 meters
                        Left arm barbell push-press 12 reps
                        Right arm deadlift 12 reps
                        Run 800 meter

Time: 27:55

Okay, so the running wasn't too bad but that last round was horrible. One of the coaches paced me on the last 2 runs (because one of them saw me walking a little). :/ But I was walking because Justin was bright red and holding his side and I knew he was trying to catch up to me, and I didn't want him to pass out or anything. So I walked a little bit so he could catch his breath without feeling like he was really behind. I was actually holding a pretty good pace and felt good that round.

The last 2 were holly hell cause he was pushing me to run a little faster than my grandmotherly pace. Some where in the world there was a little old lady with a walker going at a faster pace than I was jogging.
                        I love the concept rower... how fast do you now do 500m for your warmup?

Next time I'm in Cali... take me there with you?
                        kane@controlledlabs.com
                        Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                        Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                        www.controlledlabs.com
                        www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
                          I love the concept rower... how fast do you now do 500m for your warmup?

Next time I'm in Cali... take me there with you?
                          Lol, I was already thinking that. This would be a playground for you. They have a few tires in the back, I spotted a sledge hammer in the corner too. Rings and rubber weights (kinda sounds kinky).

I think it takes me about 3-4 minutes. I think the pace is like 28-33 on a 5. I haven't been paying attention.

Comment

• Nate

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
                            2 Muscle-ups (4 pullups; 4 bar dips instead)
                            4 Handstand Push-ups (decline)
                            8 2-Pood Kettlebell swings (done with 35lbs)

12 Rounds; not too shabby but needs to be better....with more weight!
                            Beat Suzie by one round but she used 53#....must beat Suzie.

Comment

• Laurie, you are my favorite person ever.

Make crossfit look fun
                              CONTROLLED LABS
                              Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
                              Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracoy View Post
                                Laurie, you are my favorite person ever.

Make crossfit look fun
                                Sadly, my back decided today that it had had enough.

Four rounds for time of:
                                Run 400 meters
                                50 Squats

Time:18:56

First round went ok, second round my lower back was starting to get a little tight. Third round....I should have stopped right there, was really tight but I pushed through it. Fourth round, I could barely run or stand up straight my back was so tight so I walked most of it. I was almost there so I finished off the squats but could barely stand after. Went inside and just layed on the ground and cried. After about 10 minutes if felt better and I stretched. I can walk ok but it feels really tight and is pulling on the left side.....just like when I hurt it last year. Tomorrow is a rest day. I think I could have gotten around 16 minutes if my back hadn't quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X