No announcement yet.

Jenn's Look Good - Feel Good Log!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So very very sore! Can't wait to be through the first couple weeks back! Then I just get to be happy sore, not insanely sore

Borrrring cardio day! Did 40 minutes split between the treadmill, tread-climber type machine, and stationary bike. Went to the gym location by my work and I like it even more than the one by home. The layout is a little better.

Comment

Took yesterday off as my back and chest were too sore to think about doing shoulders! Back at it today! AND!! Brought the man with me and since we left the gym this morning all he has been saying all day is he forgot how much he loved working out. Was fun to bring him along

6/1 Delts and Arms

Standing DB Presses
      Lateral Raise Machine
      Overhead Press Machine
      Rear Delt Machine

Preacher Machine
      Alternating DB Hammer Curls

Rope Pushdowns
      Underhand Straightbar Pushdowns

20 minutes of elliptical

Comment

Was feeling pretty good about cardio today. First time since I started which was kinda nice. Actually felt productive with it today and not like I was just going through the motions. Did 20 minutes each of the elliptical climber, stationary bike, and incline walking treadmill. Good shtuff!

I'm tired!

Comment

VERY cool! Sounds like you are in the swing. Looking forward to seeing how legs treats you. Hehe
          **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
          **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
          WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
          http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
          http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Skipped out on yesterday, lame. Work was insane and I worked non-stop from 8-4 and wasn't able to stop to eat all day so figured going to the gym right after work on a majorly empty stomach to do legs would be a bad idea, to say the least. Came home, ate, and crashed. So legs is today! Gotta run some errands cause I have the day off then hitting the gym.

Weight is down to 143, hooray!

Comment

Thursday 6/4 - Whole lotta reps leg day!!

Started out with 30 minutes on the elliptical... felt soooo good to train my legs after this with them being very warmed up and ready to go!

Leg Extensions - 35lb x 15 (5 times)

Leg Press - 90 x 15, 110 x 15, 130 x 15, 135 x 15, 140 x 15 (woooooo)

Lying Leg Curls - don't remember the weight amount but did 3 sets of 12-15

Seated Leg Tucks - 3 x 20

Standing Calf Raises - ??lb (3 x 12-15)

Then 30 minutes on the stationary bike. Needless to say, I slept well Thursday night!

Friday 6/5 - Cardio

I seriously cannot remember what I did, but I know I did 40 minutes of it haha.

Today 6/6 - Chest and Biceps

Was all over the place today but I am soooo sore already! Warmed up with 5 minutes on the elliptical and stretching. Cannot remember weights or reps but I aimed for around 3 x 10 on everything.

DB Pullovers
              Flat DB Press
              A1 Flat DB Flys
              A2 Incline DB Press (burrrrrn)
              Concentration DB Curls
              Chest Press Machine
              Fly Machine
              Straight Bar Curls (on the weight pulley machine thing)

30 minutes on the bike

Let myself eat an oatmeal cream pie when I got home, so tasty!

Weight was at 142.2 this morning

Comment

Way to go Jenn!
                laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Well, I've been back at it for 4 weeks as of tomorrow Wanted to wait until I was really back into the swing of things before I started posting again. I've started working out at 5am before work and I loooove it! I feel so good throughout the day!

Finally tried my sample of Purple In-Train today <3 Very nice! I felt great through weights and even the damn stair machine. I should start posting weights and whatnot tomorrow. Gotta run off to work today! Might post today's workout this afternoon. For now my days are:

1. Legs
                  2. Chest
                  3. Off
                  4. Back
                  5. Shoulders
                  6. Arms
                  7. Off

Comment

Woo Hoo!!! Jenn's back!!!!!

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Today was shoulders (my new favorite cause they are finally growing haha)

30 minutes on treadmill @ 5mph

Seated BB Shoulder Press - 30lb x 10, 40lb x 8 x 8 (help on last rep of final set)

A1 DB Lateral Raises - 7.5lb x 10, 10lb x 8 x 6

A2 DB Upright Rows - 12.5lb x 10 x 8 x 8

Front Plate Raises - 10lb x 14 x 13 x 14 (14 on last because I took a few moments of rest during the last few)

Rear Delt Machine - 40lb x 10, 45lb x 8 x 7

15 minutes on stairmill machine (60 steps/min)

Will check my weight and waist measurement in the morning, but I've really been going more by visual changes I see in the mirror and the fact that all my clothes keep feeling bigger and bigger on me.

Comment

• Weight is at 136
                        Waist is at 27.75
                        Happy with both

Took Saturday off (my days always get messed up because I usually take off Saturday and one random day during the week when I'm too tired to get up early)... So the schedule I mentioned earlier is kind of just a rough guide. I ended up doing back and bis yesterday because of strange things going on at the gym.

First off the gym was PACKED which was weird for a Sunday and everybody seemed to be doing everything except back, so only back things were available so that's what I went with. And then when I went to do bis I got majorly pissed off because every single dumbbell under 20lbs was missing!! I searched all over the place and they were all gone, and nobody was using them either, so still no idea where they all went. I guess I'll see if they are back today. Geez. So it was a really random workout and I don't remember weight amounts...

From what I remember I did:

Wide-grip Pulldowns
                        Low-row Machine
                        Incline pulldown machine (still getting used to this one and feeling it right)
                        Back extensions
                        Close-grip pulldowns

EZ Bar Curls
                        Incline Curl Machine
                        Rope Hammer Curls
                        Single-arm Cable curls
                        Preacher Machine

Had to get kind of creative with no dumbbells, but it was fun to mix it up

And did 30 minutes on the treadmill @ 5.5mph

Comment

• I'm around, still working out hard, just not posting :P My days are kinda random and sometimes flip-flop, but I never miss more than 2 days a week.

Sunday 11/29 - Chest and Bis

Flat BP - 65 x 13, 70 x 8, 65 x 10
                          Incline BP - 50 x 11 x 10 x 8
                          Decline BP - 65 x 11 x 9 x 8
                          Fly Machine - 50 x 12, 55 x 8, 50 x 8
                          Incline Machine Negatives (Explode up, 5 seconds down) - 30 x 8 x 7 x 6

Seated Incline Curls - 17.5 x 8 each arm, 15 x 9 e.a. x 8 e.a.
                          SS1 Standing EZ Curls - 30 x 10 x 10 x 9
                          SS2 Standing EZ Overhand Curls - 20 x 10 x 8 x 6 (burrrrn, fried!!)
                          Alt. Hammer Curls - 15 x 8 e.a., 12.5 x 10 e.a., 10 x 15 e.a.
                          Preacher Machine - 20 x 10, 25 x 9 x 8

10 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes jogging @ 5mph, 10 minutes intervals between 3.5mph and 8mph

Monday 11/30 - Legs and Abs Lowwww and slowwww!

Squats - 75 x 6, 80 x 5, 85 x 5, 90 x 5, 95 x 5 (grabbed Denny for a spot on the last one just incase, but didn't need it, woohoo!)

Leg Extensions - 65 x 10, 70 x 9 x 9

Lying Leg Curls - 30 x 10, 35 x 10, 40 x 10

Leg Abduction Mach - 50 x 10, 55 x 10, 60 x 10

Leg Adduction Mach - 60 x 10, 65 x 9 x 5 (majorly burnt at this point!)

SS1 Standing Calf Raises - 30 x 15 x 15 x 15
                          SS2 Bodyweight Standing Calf Raises - 10 x 10 x 10

3 Second Squeeze, 3 Seconds Down Hanging Leg Raises - 12 x 10 x 8
                          Ab Machine - 50lb x 15 x 15 x 15
                          Couple different kinds of crunches with a medicine ball.. not sure what they are all called or how many I did, just went until I couldn't go any more!

15 minutes of speed intervals on the stair-mill between level 6 and 9
                          15 minutes of "random hill" on the bike at level 8

On a side note... love is when you tell your boyfriend you're dieting and he buys you a digital kitchen scale <3 So nice to be with someone supportive!!

Comment

• First I must report that I am extremely happy because 5 weeks ago I weighed 136 with a waist of 27.75 and now I weigh 139 still with a waist of 27.75. WooHoo! Yay for muscle gains I can definitely see myself gaining in the mirror too. Now as long as I can continue on while peeling off the fat, I'll be good to go!

Started a new lifting routine today. Gonna try it out for a few weeks and see how I like it! FST-7... read an article someone posted about it on bb.com. I feel very good and swollen after today's workout.

Back, Tris, Abs

BentOver BB Rows - 40 x 10 x 10 (warmup), 50 x 12 x 12 x 12 x 12

CloseGrip Pulldowns - 60 x 12, 70 x 12, 75 x 12

Incline Pulldown Machine - 70 x 12, 75 x 12, 80 x 12

Seated Row Machine - 50 x 12 (x7) (30 sec rest between sets)

Pushdowns - 90 x 12, 100 x 12, 110 x 10 x 8

EZ Bar Skullcrushers - 30 x 12 x 12 x 11

2-Arm Overhead Ext - 15 x 12, 20 x 12, 22.5 x 12

V-Bar Cable Pushdowns - 20 x 12 (x7) (30 sec rest between sets)

Hanging Leg Raises - 4 x 12

5lb Medicine Ball Leg Tuck Crunches - 3 x 12

Seated Leg Tucks - 3 x 15

Ab Machine - 50lb x 12 (x7) (30 sec rest between sets)

30 minutes on the stairmill @ level 7

Comment

• Nothing too eventful today. My man has the flu so hopefully I don't catch it, ugh! Did shrugs pretty much for the first time today. Had no idea what weight to start with, but realized I'll definitely be upping the weight next time. I need to up the weight on quite a few things that I did today.

Oh I forgot, my new gym has gay rubber coated DBs and plates so my plate mates don't stick to them. SUPER LAME!!

Delts and Traps

Seated DB Press - 15lb x 12 (x4)

Front Plate Raises - 10lb x 15 (x3)

Side Lateral Raises - 10lb x 10 x 8 x 8

Rear Delt Machine - 35 x 12 (x3), 30 x 12 x 12 x 10 x 9 (holy moly burn!)

DB Upright Rows - 10s x 12, 15s x 12 x 10 x 8

DB Shrugs - 15s x 12 (x7)

30 minutes on treadmill @ 5mph

Comment

• I have never seen those plate mates before.

Comment

Working...
                                X