Transformation - Bull.dogz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
    How'd you like the GM? One of my all time favorite supplements. Did you get the lemonade flavor? I prefer that over apple (although it's very close.)
    It's only been 2 days so I figure I'd give it a week to see if I notice a difference. I got the apple. I love that flavor. The last couple of nights I've had problems falling asleep. I don't think this stuff should affect my sleep, would it? I had to count squats to fall asleep.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
      It's only been 2 days so I figure I'd give it a week to see if I notice a difference. I got the apple. I love that flavor. The last couple of nights I've had problems falling asleep. I don't think this stuff should affect my sleep, would it? I had to count squats to fall asleep.
      LOL @ counting squats, that would make me tired too!

It depends when you take it. Tyrosine and Taurine are both associated with energy and focus, so if your taking it close to your bed time this might be to blame. If not, it's probably an unrelated coincidence

Comment

LOL @ counting squats, that would make me tired too!

It depends when you take it. Tyrosine and Taurine are both associated with energy and focus, so if your taking it close to your bed time this might be to blame. If not, it's probably an unrelated coincidence
        I take it close to 5pm, I usually go to the gym after work. If I took it earlier in the day would it still help with my workouts? I'm really sensitive to stims, caffeine in the am leaves me wide awake at night.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I take it close to 5pm, I usually go to the gym after work. If I took it earlier in the day would it still help with my workouts? I'm really sensitive to stims, caffeine in the am leaves me wide awake at night.
          Yes, it would still help. The creatine will stay in your system and aid your workouts even when taken earlier in the day, but it is recommended to take it like 60 mins pre workout. My advice is to try taking your GM around 2-3pm, if you workout at 5, and see how that works for you. It should help with your workouts but not interfere with your sleep.

RR

Comment

Yes, it would still help. The creatine will stay in your system and aid your workouts even when taken earlier in the day, but it is recommended to take it like 60 mins pre workout. My advice is to try taking your GM around 2-3pm, if you workout at 5, and see how that works for you. It should help with your workouts but not interfere with your sleep.

RR
            Thanks! I'll give it a shot, if not I'll be counting squats again.

Comment

Shoulders/Abs/Cardio

Shoulders
              10x12.5; 5x12.5, 5x15 same set; 10x15 - Front raises
              10x12.5; 5x12.5, 5x15 same set; 10x15 - Side raises
              10x15; 8x20; 10x20 - DB shoulder press
              3-10x20 -DB raise
              10x10; 8x10; 10x10 - Bent over DB rear raises

Abs
              3x15 - Jack-knifes
              2x25 - Crunches

Cardio
              20 minutes elliptical

Took my GM around 2:30 today to see if that will make a difference in the way I've been sleeping the last couple of nights. Sometimes I wonder if the GM and PW are working since I don't feel any different than when I wasn't taking it. I don't feel the tingling that some people get with the PW but my weights have been increasing the last 2 weeks. Before I was taking GM/PW I was stuck at 10lbs. So I have to say this stuff is definately working. I've not only gone up in weight but I'm not completely exhausted when I'm done. Poor dog hasn't gotten her walks because it's just been too damn hot and I don't feel like carrying her 30lb ass all the way home because she can't breathe. Although I could!

Comment

Some people don't get the 'tinglies' witih PW. But that's not to say it isn't working. Personally I don't even like the feeling (I'm probably the only one!)

Congrats on your progress! It seems like everything is working out well for you!

Comment

Some people don't get the 'tinglies' witih PW. But that's not to say it isn't working. Personally I don't even like the feeling (I'm probably the only one!)

Congrats on your progress! It seems like everything is working out well for you!
                  I get the tingles, but I don't really like them either. But I only seem to get them when I do cardio. If I'm lifting weights I don't get them, but maybe I'm just more focused and don't notice. But there are times they are so strong and they make me feel so itchy that it's distracting. But either way, I wouldn't give it up, it's a great supp!

No worries BD, If you are finding recovery better and are able to push more during your workouts, then it's working for you.
                  "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

Slept pretty good last night so either taking the GM earlier helped or it wasn't the GM that kept me up. I'm going to slowly take it later and later to see if it makes a difference.

I try to keep track of what I eat, you can see it here:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...er=bull%2Edogz

As you can see I have a hard time eating right and keeping track on the weekends.
                    Last edited by bull.dogz; 08-30-2007, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Slept pretty good last night so either taking the GM earlier helped or it wasn't the GM that kept me up. I'm going to slowly take it later and later to see if it makes a difference.

I try to keep track of what I eat, you can see it here:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...er=bull%2Edogz

As you can see I have a hard time eating right and keeping track on the weekends.
                      Fitday is definitely a good tool to help out. Let me know if you want a recipe on how to make GM ice's for off days

Comment

Originally posted by cboesger
                        Fitday is definitely a good tool to help out. Let me know if you want a recipe on how to make GM ice's for off days
                        Yesterday I put my GM in the freezer after I mixed it. It was a little slushy when I pulled it out to drink it. It was sooooo good. How do you make yours? I'm thinking of making popcicles with it.

Comment

Yesterday I put my GM in the freezer after I mixed it. It was a little slushy when I pulled it out to drink it. It was sooooo good. How do you make yours? I'm thinking of making popcicles with it.
                          Nice, I've done it that way also. I use 6 ice cubes 2-3 oz water and 1 scoop GM. Toss it in my bullet(any blender will work) and then dice to the consistency I like

Popsicles are good, I always forget to make them though, then when my off day rolls around I make this instead. Both are great though.

Comment

My son's 9 will it hurt him to eat one? I know he's gonna want to try it. (GM popcicles)

Comment

Back & Bis

10x15; 2-10x17.5 - Incline bench db row
                              10x27.5; 2-10x35 - Vbar pulldown
                              3-10x45 - Machine rows
                              3-10x45 - Machine lat pulldown

3-10x20 - Preacher curls
                              3-10x12.5 - DB curls
                              3-10x12.5 - Hammer curls (supersets)
                              7x40 - BB curls

Worked out with a friend of mine today. He is quite the chatterbox so by the time we were done with weights it was too late for cardio. This is why I prefer to workout alone.

Comment

Upper body/Cardio

10x20; 10x22.5; 10x25 - DB bench press
                                10x25; 10x25; 9x25 - DB incline press
                                10x30; 10x40; 10x40 - BB shoulder press
                                12x15; 10x20; 10x25 - Face pull (love these)
                                10x40; 8x40; 7x45 - Pullups (assisted)
                                10x40; 7x40; 5x45 - Chinups (assisted)
                                10x20; 10x25; 10x27.5 - Tricep pushdown (rope)
                                15; 13; 10 - Tricep bench dips (bodyweight)
                                3-10x10 - Tricep kickbacks
                                8x40; 6x40; 5x40 - Ez bar curl

20 minutes - treadmill @ 3.3; incline gradual 10-13

Ok, I was checking my self in the mirror (stop laughing, you do it too) and I definately like what I see. I can see definition all over. I feel solid, not jiggly (although there are still a few soft spots....diet). I'm going to wait til it's been a full month from taking both GM and PW before I take more pictures. Overall, I think this stuff is the sh$t!

Comment

Working...
                                X