Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing - Supplement King's "Black Out" (not controlled labs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theking
    only two weeks away
    I cant wait. I think im gonna try white blood and black out together.

Comment

i will be selling that as a stack of course!!!!
      SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

SupplementKings.com Forum

Comment

Originally posted by theking
        i will be selling that as a stack of course!!!!
        Any ideas on the price for the stack?

Comment

Does this help ppl fall asleep as well?

Comment

yea it will definitly help people sleep better as well.

price of stack soon to come.
            SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

Comment

I am super excited for it... I think it will be a great product, hell if it just makes me sleep 10% better it will be worth the price, that alone the recovery.
              Supplement King Representative
              www.supplementkings.com

Moderator @ ironmass.com
              Moderator @ supplementchat.com

Comment

Originally posted by NumberTwentyTwo
                My biggest concern is that after taking meletonin for a while, its very very hard to go to sleep on your own, almost like your body becomes "relient" on it
                Supplementing with melatonin decreases your bodys natural ability to produce melatonin in the brain.

Long term supplementation may lead to a melatonin deficiency in which the individual may suffer from sleep apena, may not be able to sleep longer than 3-4hrs a night, or other sleep disorders.

my hypothesis; no research compiled on it (that i know of). I should make that my project when im in grad school or for my doctorate. lol

-- is the full label w/the facts known yet?

Comment

On the subject of melatonin once again, in my personal experience and good faith in the marvel of mankind; I think that our bodies are resilient and we must understand that we’re not like computers or underdeveloped animals (we adapt). We’re humans and considering the millions of “unnatural” variables we introduce into our lives, I think that for the most part we can still cope with things like drug dependencies. Homo Sapiens have been kickin for a while now and I think we’re all right.

When you stop taking melatonin, you can get back to a regular sleep pattern with a bit of willpower and a good bed time ritual. It’s not like all the odds are stacked against you. Your brain’s just a little used to getting sleepy with help from melatonin.

Close the window shades, turn off the celly and TV and do something restful. Fold a bit of laundry, make a lunch (or 4!) for the next day and do simple activities that don’t require your mental cogs to kick into gear. This has helped to get my circadian rhythm back on track, and it should help anyone else too.

Now with that aside…….. once I’m done my GM log, I am SO getting Black Out!!!!!!!!!!1!!!111!one!11

Comment

As with most things long term use of something is probably going to lower your bodies natural ability to produce what it the product is assisting with. So the answer is do not take this product over and over again for years to come lol. Although that would be great for my business it is just something nobody should do. I'll be taking it 8 weeks on and 2 weeks off for a bit i believe. Only things i take all the time is protein powder, a multi, EFA's, and food.
                    SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

Comment

to each their own.

I personally spent like 30$ buying vitamin world melatonin (3mg pills) totaling 600 some servings, and I will only use it when I need to fall asleep fast for whatever reason.

the bodies natural sleep cycle is a very important progress, and toying with natural chemicals to enduce it and prolong it may not be the smartest action. I am curious as to how much melatonin is in this particular product, and to those using sleep aides, I warn you not to use them ritualy for better or for worse.

sure, every 9 out of 10 people that use them reguarly may not have any sides when use is discontinued, but if you so happen to be that 1 out 10, you may go through a very difficult period. (i made the numbers up, it could be more like 1 out of 1000, who knows really?)

Originally posted by browndustin
                      When you stop taking melatonin, you can get back to a regular sleep pattern with a bit of willpower and a good bed time ritual. It’s not like all the odds are stacked against you. Your brain’s just a little used to getting sleepy with help from melatonin.
                      what if your body doesnt produce melatonin naturally when you stop supplementing?

Common symptoms and signs of melatonin deficiency:
                      insomnia
                      difficulty getting to sleep
                      difficulty falling back to sleep when awaken during the night
                      light sleeper/easy waking during the night
                      early morning awakening
                      un-refreshing sleep
                      lack of dreaming
                      family history of insomnia
                      personal or family history of breast cancer
                      personal or family history of prostate cancer
                      prostate enlargement
                      fatigue
                      depression
                      irregular menstrual cycle
                      unusual menstrual flow (light or heavy)
                      PMS
                      scoliosis
                      poor sleeping prior to menses
                      anxiety
                      sensitivity to stress
                      cataracts
                      neurodegerative disorder (MS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, ALS, etc)
                      elevated cholesterol
                      high blood pressure
                      blood clots
                      heart attack
                      heart arrhythmias

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psycho...%20and%20Sleep

published by the vanderbilt psychology dept.

Melatonin is a new discovery. It has yet to go through the extensive studies which most hormones and other dietary supplements go through. It seems to have many positive effects on the body. Distributors of the drug are making all kinds of unproved claims. Advertisements claim that melatonin enhances your sex life, helps you exhibit more energy and assists you in gaining muscle (http://home.prizim.com/ebfitness/meltr.html). Caution is recommended when taking melatonin. Dr. Wurtman says of melatonin, "These pills are being sold without certification by the Food and Drug Administration, and this worries me terribly." He goes on to say "We've purchased melatonin from some health food stores and checked the purity. These tablets are not pure. People should not take melatonin for the time being except under controlled research conditions." (http://www.vitawirse.com/melatoni.htm). Melatonin is a substance that could be very useful in many treatments once the right research has been done. Many manufacturers are making a lot of money off of people who do not know what they are taking. Melatonin is at a very experimental stage right now.
                      Last edited by jiritt0; 07-04-2006, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                        to each their own.

I personally spent like 30$ buying vitamin world melatonin (3mg pills) totaling 600 some servings, and I will only use it when I need to fall asleep fast for whatever reason.

the bodies natural sleep cycle is a very important progress, and toying with natural chemicals to enduce it and prolong it may not be the smartest action. I am curious as to how much melatonin is in this particular product, and to those using sleep aides, I warn you not to use them ritualy for better or for worse.

sure, every 9 out of 10 people that use them reguarly may not have any sides when use is discontinued, but if you so happen to be that 1 out 10, you may go through a very difficult period. (i made the numbers up, it could be more like 1 out of 1000, who knows really?)

what if your body doesnt produce melatonin naturally when you stop supplementing?

Common symptoms and signs of melatonin deficiency:
                        insomnia
                        difficulty getting to sleep
                        difficulty falling back to sleep when awaken during the night
                        light sleeper/easy waking during the night
                        early morning awakening
                        un-refreshing sleep
                        lack of dreaming
                        family history of insomnia
                        personal or family history of breast cancer
                        personal or family history of prostate cancer
                        prostate enlargement
                        fatigue
                        depression
                        irregular menstrual cycle
                        unusual menstrual flow (light or heavy)
                        PMS
                        scoliosis
                        poor sleeping prior to menses
                        anxiety
                        sensitivity to stress
                        cataracts
                        neurodegerative disorder (MS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, ALS, etc)
                        elevated cholesterol
                        high blood pressure
                        blood clots
                        heart attack
                        heart arrhythmias

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psycho...%20and%20Sleep

published by the vanderbilt psychology dept.

Melatonin is a new discovery. It has yet to go through the extensive studies which most hormones and other dietary supplements go through. It seems to have many positive effects on the body. Distributors of the drug are making all kinds of unproved claims. Advertisements claim that melatonin enhances your sex life, helps you exhibit more energy and assists you in gaining muscle (http://home.prizim.com/ebfitness/meltr.html). Caution is recommended when taking melatonin. Dr. Wurtman says of melatonin, "These pills are being sold without certification by the Food and Drug Administration, and this worries me terribly." He goes on to say "We've purchased melatonin from some health food stores and checked the purity. These tablets are not pure. People should not take melatonin for the time being except under controlled research conditions." (http://www.vitawirse.com/melatoni.htm). Melatonin is a substance that could be very useful in many treatments once the right research has been done. Many manufacturers are making a lot of money off of people who do not know what they are taking. Melatonin is at a very experimental stage right now.
                        the standard melatonin dose is in here. so either 3mg-5mg, wont be able to reveal the exact amount due to the blend though
                        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                        Purple Psyko
                        Gold Feast
                        Blue Gene
                        Blue Growth
                        REDuction AM/PM Shots
                        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                        Orange TRIad
                        White Flood (5 Flavors)
                        Black Hole
                        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                        Green Bulge
                        White Blood 2
                        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                        Blue Up
                        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                          the standard melatonin dose is in here. so either 3mg-5mg, wont be able to reveal the exact amount due to the blend though
                          my only issue with this product would be the fact melatonin is included. alot of individuals have adverse reactions to melatonin, and it is a very individualized dose dependent chemical. some people may not react to 3mg (the normal dose) others may get normal melatonin results, some may sleep forever.. its a unique chemical like that.

Comment

That’s true about melatonin… some people may not dig as much as others. Only time will tell. I still think that this will be a promising supplement.

But in regards to stopping supplementation, your surrounding factors and psyche will also have a large role to play in melatonin production. People keep forgetting that we’re not lab rats given a 12h/12h light/dark cycle – we have so many variables like other hormones that we need to consider.

If you’re out at the beach where it’s still sunny, you’re having a good time and maybe slamming back some brews, you will likely have a hard time falling asleep. But if you get a good night-time routine put together, your circadian rhythm and nature will hopefully take over and things begin to level out. I don’t know how much or how long you’d have to supplement melatonin for before you’re screwed, but our pineal glands and brains are pretty amazing. We don’t know enough about them yet, but ime a good sleep pattern is probably the best factor for normal sleep at least. Just my two pennies. I like to play the devil’s advocate. mwahaha

Comment

But in regards to stopping supplementation, your surrounding factors and psyche will also have a large role to play in melatonin production.
                              melatonin is what causes the droswiness feeling that eventually leads to sleep. if your body fails to produce melatonin, you will not become tired, therefore falling asleep will be near impossible without melatonin supplementation.

People keep forgetting that we’re not lab rats given a 12h/12h light/dark cycle – we have so many variables like other hormones that we need to consider.
                              true, but melatonin is the precursor to sleep. and it can be measured to see how much is produced, which would be what is of interest.. if a subject after a certain time length of uspplementation would go back to the same level of production prior to supplementation..

I don’t know how much or how long you’d have to supplement melatonin for before you’re screwed, but our pineal glands and brains are pretty amazing. We don’t know enough about them yet
                              and they know even less about melatonin supplementation.. my guess would be its individualized, while the length is prolly rather long term (unless you dose it at high amounts)

but ime a good sleep pattern is probably the best factor for normal sleep at least.
                              yes, a normal, natural pattern based on maintaing homeostasis, not what time you take a pill.
                              Last edited by jiritt0; 07-04-2006, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Very clear post and great use of the quote tags, man

What I was trying to get at though is that you probably aren’t doomed if you’ve into a bit of dependency. I would certainly agree that your natural sleeping patterns and possibly other hormones and bodily functions will get FUBAR’ed. Not worth it to go super long term anyways, visit a doc if sleep’s that bad.

In respect to melatonin as a sleep aid, I’ve personally cut my dosage from 3mg to 1.5mg as needed. I found these sweet little melatonin strips (like breath strips, 3mg in each strip) at a local health shop and it’s tough to stop. I always fear that I’ll end up lying in bed and wind up with less than my target sleep (like last night, dammit) lol

Comment

Working...
                                X