Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dracoy's Path to be an ELITE Powerlifter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question for either one of you. Why the hell do I see so many guys putting their feet onto the bench while benching? From football to powerlifting, to mma, Ive never seen that done. Maybe I missing something but I dont see the benefit. I guess it could work more of your core or stability but I would think there are way better ways of doing that
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

Comment

• when you put your feet ont he bench it severly limits your leg drive and thus you are forced to press more with your upper body. the weight you can push will be severly limited.

it is similiar to floor pressing, but since you are on a bench you still have the rotation at the shoulder girdle that is prevented by laying on the floor.

Benching doesn't really work core stability at all, as you are laying on a flat, solid, stable object (the bench) - pressing off a swiss ball, unstable object, or with feet extended straight out hovering in mid air would engage the core though.
      Last edited by jiritt0; 02-27-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• So would that be a style you would practice or recommend?
        CFD

Comment

• Honestly, if you just keep both legs on the ground and not worry about the arch etc, you'll still get a good upper body workout.
          CONTROLLED LABS
          Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
          Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracoy View Post
            Honestly, if you just keep both legs on the ground and not worry about the arch etc, you'll still get a good upper body workout.
            Thats always been my thinking and philosphy.
            CFD

Comment

• Octopus.
              http://yanyanxu.com/2010/03/01/day-791/

CONTROLLED LABS

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Putting your feet on the bench increases your upper body recruitment while limiting the amount of force you can develop and thus weight you can press

One form isn't better than the other. It more or less depends on the goal of your training session.

It's all an upper body workout, it just depends if you want to recruit more fibers of the upper body or push more weight by utilizing the leg drive off the ground
                Last edited by jiritt0; 03-02-2010, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Physical Therapy kinda failed so far lol.
                  http://yanyanxu.com/2010/03/03/day-790/
                  CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• Physical Therapy might be working?
                    http://yanyanxu.com/2010/03/04/day-792/
                    CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracoy View Post

lol

Dunno how you munched that down brother.

Comment

• Yeah...how in the hell did you eat that?! was it good? lol

Comment

• Tasted bland LOL.

Baby Ray Sauce was my solution.
                          CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• is it any good for you? where do you buy it?

Comment

• Hey, protein is protein right? Just a random asian store.

Just find the most asian store by you (H-Mart) if you have one and go to town, lots of great and different protein options.
                              CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• Thanks ill check around town for some to try

Comment

Working...
                                X