Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dracoy's Path to be an ELITE Powerlifter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wants a big bench.
    http://yanyanxu.com/2010/02/10/day-769/
    CONTROLLED LABS
    Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
    Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• thanks -- we've been snowed in all week working on details.. we had been set on going to hawaii for a honeymoon..but the cost of it all + 13hour plan ride is making us think otherwise, though i believe hawaii and me are a match made in heaven

self myo is best suited for preworkout to excite the nervous system while breaking up scar tissue/adhesions and facilitating blood flow in preparation for the upcoming training

static stretch + more self release is ideal 3-4+ hours post workout once the nervous system is relaxed

static stretching immediately postworkout provides little to no flexibility benefits as the nervous system is still very engaged and tissue is already very elastic (assuming you warm up/train correctly)

also; if you want a big bench, I would tell you to stop benching so much -- the workout you put up earlier is more aimed at getting a small bench and busted up shoulders (aka bodybuilder syndrome: lift girly-man weights while getting huge muscles that have no performance - sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, and destroying your joints through overuse/isolation movement patterns)

once you reach full blown bodybuilder lifestyle (I would predict 1-2years post college, maybe 4-5 as you get CL products on the hookup and won't reach that point as fast) and start putting even more rediculous supplements in your system than you do now, you may be able to get a big bench with that sort of training (while still busting up your shoudlers and have no performance benefits, and quite possibly ruining your systems longeivty all at the same time)

in relation to yourt post on day 765 - 265 stalls at the bottom because the biomechanical leverages are at their weakest at the bottom of the ROM, you can 2 board press it because the leverages are greater there... or you have a very weak chest and strong triceps, or a combination of both.

if your arms flare out the bottom ROM will always be extremely difficult, and it is only a matter of time until you need shoulder surgery

start incorporating DB swiss ball benches; it'll get your chest to grow and have a carryover to exploding the barbell off your chest at the bottom point (DB's allow you to get a larger ROM and further recruit the chest)

its the same for squats, you can 1/4 squat a ton of weight, but try to do a full squat with it and you could be f'ed. the bodies 600 muscles all function as levers to create movement through joint articulations.. certain degrees on these ranges of motion are weaker due to biomechanical disadvantages. One of the benefits of using accomodating resistances is to account for these disadvantages and make the weight the lightest at the body's weakest points (chains/band tension deloads at bottom of ROM)

nautalis and other machine companies attempted to incorporate these principles into their machine designs, but sadly they used an average male body size (in the 70s) and than had to modify said machines/body sizes as other companies patent designs -- so what you get is a horrible piece of shit machine that destroys your joints while providing no real benefits outside the potential for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy due to isolated kinetic segment training. It almost makes me feel bad for the average person; they go to these big box gyms full of douches that don't even know any better.. it's like the world is setting them up for failure in terms of health/fitness, which means they're more likely to quit eating healthy (fast food/industalized food corps make money), and then as they age they become sussceptile to a host of illnesses and diseases, thus making a boat load of money for major pharmaceuticals etc..

When i really think about it hard enough, it makes me believe 2012 will be the end of the world due to the stupidity of the common person.
      Last edited by jiritt0; 02-10-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Squat with Jeans = Fail
        http://yanyanxu.com/2010/02/11/day-771/
        CONTROLLED LABS

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
          thanks -- we've been snowed in all week working on details.. we had been set on going to hawaii for a honeymoon..but the cost of it all + 13hour plan ride is making us think otherwise, though i believe hawaii and me are a match made in heaven
          Don't remind me. I can't longboard at all!

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
          self myo is best suited for preworkout to excite the nervous system while breaking up scar tissue/adhesions and facilitating blood flow in preparation for the upcoming training

static stretch + more self release is ideal 3-4+ hours post workout once the nervous system is relaxed

static stretching immediately postworkout provides little to no flexibility benefits as the nervous system is still very engaged and tissue is already very elastic (assuming you warm up/train correctly)
          Ahh good to know. I do a bit of static stretching post workout just to loosen up the joints and decompress my spine.

also; if you want a big bench, I would tell you to stop benching so much -- the workout you put up earlier is more aimed at getting a small bench and busted up shoulders (aka bodybuilder syndrome: lift girly-man weights while getting huge muscles that have no performance - sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, and destroying your joints through overuse/isolation movement patterns)
          I was actually following the powerlifters yesterday. Did their routine not mine

in relation to yourt post on day 765 - 265 stalls at the bottom because the biomechanical leverages are at their weakest at the bottom of the ROM, you can 2 board press it because the leverages are greater there... or you have a very weak chest and strong triceps, or a combination of both.
          I think I just need more focus on lower portion of the lift. My triceps are much stronger compared to my chest.

[QUOTE=jdiritto;125996]
          if your arms flare out the bottom ROM will always be extremely difficult, and it is only a matter of time until you need shoulder surgery
          [quote]

Been trying to keep it tight and very PL like.

start incorporating DB swiss ball benches; it'll get your chest to grow and have a carryover to exploding the barbell off your chest at the bottom point (DB's allow you to get a larger ROM and further recruit the chest)
          Never heard of this, I like it though. I do, do lots of dumbbell work, but I try to get a bench session in when I can.

You'd be happy to know I checked out a massage therapist today. I'm setting up an appointment after I talk to my friend. She might be able to get me a discount

The cost is $50 dollar per session with no insurance reimbursement.
          CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• get er done!
            make sure its a deep tissue massage! not the swedish sissy crap haha

if you wanna get your powerlifting #s up - buy jim wendlers 5/3/1 and follow it for awhile..

I never understood why it's called powerlifting; there is power involved at it. It's pure maximal strength lifting! The bar speed is rediculously slow

If any competitive event is called power lifting it should be the olympic lifts!
            Last edited by jiritt0; 02-12-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• I actually remember reading an article about the naming of powerlifing. Was interesting. You arn't the first person to mention this.

My friend works at this massage place. I'm waiting to see if she can give me a "private" discount.

Deadlift make me feel good about myself
              http://yanyanxu.com/2010/02/13/day-772/
              CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracoy View Post
                My friend works at this massage place. I'm waiting to see if she can give me a "private" discount.

Remember: always ask for a happy ending as you disrobe, or possibly a good morning (depending on the time of day of your "services")

Comment

• Happy Chinese New Year
                  http://yanyanxu.com/2010/02/13/day-773/
                  CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• Bombed Corporate Tax
                    http://yanyanxu.com/2010/02/14/day-774/

Find Waldo.

CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracoy View Post
                      Find Waldo.

Comment

• Feeling Sick. Taking the Next Three Days OFF
                        http://yanyanxu.com/2010/02/16/day-775/
                        CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• 7 Days off. And ready to tear hell open.
                          http://yanyanxu.com/2010/02/22/day-782/

[youtube][/youtube]
                          CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• that is wicked elbow flare...

Comment

• I need to tuck.
                              CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

• I'm also wondering if your foot position hinders your leg drive through the push...

I think your too far behind your knees to effectively drive through the foot and utilize full body pressing strength

next time you lay flat on a bench, without holding any weight overyou, push through your feet and see how your body slids up the bench some.. when utilized correctly, this force can be transmitted through appropriate kinetic chains out the hands into the bar to enhance your upper body pressing power.

Comment

Working...
                                X