Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
    SCT is very wise, like buddha . hahahaha
    I think we agree too much, we need to disagree and battle! Like Buddha, hehe. I used to LOOK like buddha too.

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Comment

well once i post my new training regime you will disagree with it.

heheheheheheh

Comment

i disagree with both of you.

someone thats 29 wont get results from 'walking'

someones thats 69 will.

unless your morbidly obese, walking wont do much in terms of visible weight loss.

tell them to jog.. everytime she puts in cardio she should try to increase the duration or intensity. if shes walking 30mins.. get her to jog 5 and walk 25.. than jog 10 walk 20..til shes jogging 30... than she can begin to jog 45... ...run 10 jog 20...etc etc...

i see people doing that speed walking bullshit, f that... thats not cardio, thats the 'I wanna workout but dont want to tax my body any so im going to walk fast and pump my arms like a douchebag thinking it helps burn more calories' approach...

the real approach is jogging, running, sprinting, pushing your limits daily.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          unless your morbidly obese, walking wont do much in terms of visible weight loss.

tell them to jog.. everytime she puts in cardio she should try to increase the duration or intensity. if shes walking 30mins.. get her to jog 5 and walk 25.. than jog 10 walk 20..til shes jogging 30... than she can begin to jog 45... ...run 10 jog 20...etc etc...

i see people doing that speed walking bullshit, f that... thats not cardio, thats the 'I wanna workout but dont want to tax my body any so im going to walk fast and pump my arms like a douchebag thinking it helps burn more calories' approach...

the real approach is jogging, running, sprinting, pushing your limits daily.
          I agree with the pushing your limits, but realize that 'right now' her limits might not be in the running arena. I do agree with your mode of incorporating jogging into her routine, but dismissing walking entirely as a waste is foolish my friend. Low intensity cardio is still cardio, it still burns calories.

I've known MANY non-obese people who started their physical fitness journey struggling to walk a mile.. as I said before, 'Begin where you are but don't stay there'...

SCT
          Back to the basics!

Comment

Well here is my take.. everything you guys said is probably correct, but on a practical level - she has got to do something she can maintain and enjoys. If all she has been doing is walking, getting her to sprint is probably asking for a little too much.

In any case, make sure her diet is in check first, cardio won't do shizzle if she eats it all back and more.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto

someone 29 will see results, lol so ill call bullshit on that statement. not everyone has that intense drive to consistently do cardio. plus it isnt the best on an overweight persons joints. i think anything is better than nothing.

if you read my post again, intensity of cardio is for the more advanced. beginners need to begin somewhere.

walking is MORE EASILY incorporated into everyday lifestyle. walk with the kids, walk the dog. walking tends to be "more enjoyable" for some because its more a hobby than an exercise.

a real life example is my girlfriend for instance. she walks about 2 miles day and hasnt gained a pound since high school, and shes at a nice 115. just because it wouldnt work for you doesnt mean it wouldnt work for others.

however, intensity is key, we all know that.

Comment

so bis, any update?

Comment

nope giving her a week to check out her diet then going to run it thru like fitday or something.
                  she is a smoker so running will take some time to build up to doing it everyday i guess.

i really dont know why people ask me for help i have problems with my own diet i keep losing weight! its really pissing me off if i hit 210 im going to stop working out

Comment

Working...
                  X