Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best supplements for joint pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best supplements for joint pain?

I am a 50 year old, African-American female, who just finished one session of P90-X and starting my 3rd week of Insanity (BeachBody programs). I have always had chronic back pain, especially in between the shoulder blades and lower back. I began taking OptiWomen multi vitamins and fish oil supplements. Over the past year, my knees, especially my right, have been popping/cracking, and the bottom neck area/top of the shoulders are giving me the most problems, along with the basic aches and pains of getting older. I began biking a year ago and have about 1,200 miles.

What would you suggest I take to alleviate the joint pain? I know Glucosomine is highly recommended, which form is better, liquid or pills, or are they just as equally potent? I am also drinking more water, which I rarely did before. You know how your knuckles sound when you crack them, that is what my neck and upper shoulders are doing constantly.

I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks.

GMAnthony

Hey. Good to see posted on the forums. Have you've ever used an exercise program before, like P90X? The fish oil is a great option, besides for joints. It has many positives.

For the pain, would it be possible to see a doctor or a physio to help determine what it is. If it's muscle, or bone. Or if there's something else going on? But for some supplements which help with joint pain is Orange TRIad, which is a multi-vitamin/mineral with joint and digestive support. As well, there is Blue Gene, which has Cissus which also helps with joints.

Are you taking any other supplements? Or is there anything that makes the pain worse or better? Does it come during the workout or afterwards?

Comment

Depending on the pain level, supplements might not be the first answer. I'd definitely consult a doctor to see what he thinks and hear his advice. Then when you have all the information, look into his suggestions and supplements that 5Six mentioned.

Fish Oil and everything else is good for the joints but won't cure someone from chronic pain.
      CONTROLLED LABS
      Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
      Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Doctor ASAP for sure... keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
          Doctor ASAP for sure... keep us updated
          this to make sure there are no major issues. if you are cleared, look into orange triad + orange oximeg fish oil + cissus
          REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
          Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
          Purple Psyko
          Gold Feast
          Blue Gene
          Blue Growth
          REDuction AM/PM Shots
          REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
          Orange TRIad
          White Flood (5 Flavors)
          Black Hole