Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to controlled labs . . Couple Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like taking BG with food, seemed to be much easier on the stomach.

Comment

I either take it with or after a meal(non workout days). On workout days, you can either take it after a pre workout meal.. or with some sort of granola bar 35 - 45 min pre workout.

Comment

Originally posted by ericpad View Post
        Thanks for all the replies guys!

I've ordered some blue gene (very excited to get this . .really hoping it helps with joint / tendons too since it contains cissus . .and as a relative newb in the gym at 32 . . I need it)

I've also ordered some green mag and purple wraath. I'm going to run that stack for 4 - 6 weeks and then look at the GC again.

Very impressed with this forum. questions answered quick and with great insight.

Eric
        yeah, I love the community we have assembled on here. great peeps and great deals to match
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by ericpad View Post
          Thanks for all the replies guys!

I've ordered some blue gene (very excited to get this . .really hoping it helps with joint / tendons too since it contains cissus . .and as a relative newb in the gym at 32 . . I need it)

I've also ordered some green mag and purple wraath. I'm going to run that stack for 4 - 6 weeks and then look at the GC again.

Very impressed with this forum. questions answered quick and with great insight.

Eric
          Ok . . .I lied . ..I read more about GC and decided I had to have that in my stack too. It seems that not only are Controlled labs products great but they are also a great value too since you get so many servings per container.

So I now have WF, BG will arrive today, PW, GM, and GC should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Dude that's my exact stack! You're a smart man!

Except i also have OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
              Dude that's my exact stack! You're a smart man!

Except i also have OT.
              Yeah . .I'm going to get OT as well. I've been having a little bit of pain in my shoulders since I pretty new to training and working hard. I might actually pick that one up today at my local supp store.

I had virtually zero results with the stack I was using by USP Labs so I definitely psyched to see all of this CL stuff do its thang.

Comment

Careful when you have any pain. I was using USP before CL. Lots of wasted cash IMO.

Comment

Yeah, I kind of feel taken by the USP Labs products . . . And they've been such a major pain the arse to take . .(15 minutes before meal, etc)

I'll definitely be careful with the shoulder pain . .I'm pretty sure it's just from working really hard the last couple of weeks. I am finishing the first month of the "asteroid freak" workout program and I've been in the gym 6 days per week for the past 2 weeks as follows:

Lower Body
                  A1: Deadlift
                  A2: Squat
                  B: Calf press in leg press machine

Upper Body
                  A1: Incline DB bench press
                  A2: Pullups
                  B: Dips
                  C: Incline DB Curl
                  D: Standing Shoulder DB Press

Rep Schemes:
                  A: 3 x 6 - 8 (to failure)
                  B: 6 x 4
                  C: 2 x 10 - 12 (to failure)

Mon - Lower, Rep scheme A
                  Tues - Upper , Rep scheme A
                  Wed - Lower, Rep Scheme B
                  Thurs - Upper, Rep Scheme B
                  Fri - Lower, Rep scheme C
                  Sat - Upper, Rep scheme C

I know it's over training but they say it's by design . . .And month 2 is when the real gains are supposed to kick in.

I'm leaning towards starting a different program starting on Monday . . .I'm not entirely thrilled with this program . . .I've posted the program on this forum and am looking for feedback.

I'm considering Rippetoe, starr, westside for skinny bastards, Max-ot plus whatever else people suggest.

I have tons of motivation and solid nutrition . .just need the right program to do.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I would be careful with a program like this, you will be susceptible to overreaching (or worse, overtraining) your CNS. Make sure to have strategic detraining weeks. Remember,its around a 3:1 ratio for physiological soreness to physical to recover(if that makes any sense?)...its a good rule of thumb to know if you will be able to mange a workout later on.

Bill Starr's is a solid program aimed for strength. Do some research on HST, its specific for natural athletes aiming for hypertrophy. Also, check GVT, or HIT...those might tickle your fancy, depending on your goals, and what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftingBiscuits View Post
                      I would be careful with a program like this, you will be susceptible to overreaching (or worse, overtraining) your CNS. Make sure to have strategic detraining weeks. Remember,its around a 3:1 ratio for physiological soreness to physical to recover(if that makes any sense?)...its a good rule of thumb to know if you will be able to mange a workout later on.

Bill Starr's is a solid program aimed for strength. Do some research on HST, its specific for natural athletes aiming for hypertrophy. Also, check GVT, or HIT...those might tickle your fancy, depending on your goals, and what you like.
                      Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be looking in detail at several programs over the weekend and starting fresh on Monday. Really liking westside for skinny bastards part 3 and some of the programs Coach Remedios has in his power training book . .It has you start each workout with an explosive / olympic lift which I really like.

Comment

Almost a week into my full CL stack . . WOW! great stuff! My workouts are killer and the CL products are helping me maximize each one.

I spent a month using a stack by USP labs . . and I hate to knock a company . .but they did absolutely nothing for me in the full month using them. Contrast that to my first partial week of using the CL stack and I already notice a huge difference.

The difference for those wondering . . .Workout intensity, muscle hardness, endurance, recovery . .all significant and noticeable improvement.

My stack is BG, WF, GM, GG, PW.

Comment

Comment

Awesomeness!!
                            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Working...
                            X