Need help with stack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
    AHAHHAHHAHA ...... thats just 2 minutes of fail.
    "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      biceps/triceps = waste of time . only good if your goal is to be mr olympia and/or your feel you need 28 inch arms . in reality your working such a small part of the bodies muscle i wouldnt even consider it a workout.

I also feel the legs should have their own day if your going to split like that. the majority of your muscle mass is in the lower body, so take advantage of that...

you can use all the supplements in the world, but if your training and nutrition isn't there, your results will be held in check with that.

I've personally found the best success by incorporating intense full body workouts , which a shifting focus on certain bodyparts. one day I blast the hammies, the next the delts, the next the chest, the next the quads, and so on ...all while including the entire body within the workout. a simple way to do that is to start with oly lifts, but they are advanced and unless you have a year + of training you shouldnt try them ... the full body workout is very intense and causes a ton of soreness, but its got results written all over it. Theres not a day in life you only use your bis/tris to get by, so why train like that ? You use your entire body day in day out, train it like you use it.

(fyi: if you couldnt tell; I hate isolation exercises. my program goals = effectiveness + efficiency)

Yeah I wish I could dedicate one body part a day but considering my schedule atm I can’t do that =\ what do you suggest I do?

Comment

5Six. It works out great. It's prob the best workout ive had in a long time.

I've tried tons of differnt combo's and this ones been the best for me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post

*Knowledgeable Post*
          I agree with all those points man. But for me when it comes to bis and tris. I enjoy it - a lot. I find it really comes down to the person, and why they're donwn to the gym

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
          5Six. It works out great. It's prob the best workout ive had in a long time.

I've tried tons of differnt combo's and this ones been the best for me so far.
          I was going to say it was a bit unconventional workout? But you know what? That's bloody great. Glad to hear you found something that works out for you!

Comment

I do like to change things up every couple months. But haven't decided yet what i'll do in the next couple weeks.

Comment

I blast away the bis n tris everyday.. but i rarely (RARELY) do arm curls. IMO they suck and are a waste of time. if I wanan do an arm curl ill do it when im sitting at home and have nothing better to do with my life, not when im in the gym putting in work.

I speak from my vantage point: im into strength and conditioning/sport performance training, not bodybuilding or general fitness. I want to be jacked up and run a sub 5 forty with a nasty vertical, not be big and oily on a stage with naked men flexing their arms..nor do I feel the need for 28" arms to achieve any goals I have

if you've got te time to spend 10,15, 20 minutes or a whole workout focusing on your arms, go for it.. if I made a living off working out I would spend days doing only bis/tris, cos you cant murder the legs everyday... most people want the best results they can with the least amount of time, and biceps/triceps isnt that route. I get meatheads in my classes all the time that can curl til the sun comes up, but theyre weak as can be and have no functional movement abilities, all they have is an overly sized chest/arms for their small frames

mirror muscles get you just that, you look good in a mirror. typically people arent going to look at you in a mirror, nor will your performance be gauged by what you look like in a mirror.

heres my suggestion, for your next few workouts try this:

work out one: 50 arm curls
              work out two: 50 pushups
              work out three: 50 dips/dives
              work out four: 50 chinups
              work out five: 50 pullups

try to get the workouts as identical as you can outside of those movements.. in fact, you may want to do them all on the first workout after your recovery period, so you know your nice and fresh for them all.

give it a test run and see which you feel the most the next day in your arms...and anywhere else

Comment

Nice thanks for the input guys, Anyways I think I’m just going to finish the final 5 weeks I have in the P90x program and then go to the gym, so out of everything I mentioned above what should I take for just the final weeks of P90x?
                Last edited by Equalizer117; 03-20-2009, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Equalizer117 View Post
                  Nice thanks for the input guys, Anyways I think I’m just going to finish the final 5 weeks I have in the P90x program and then go to the gym, so out of everything I mentioned above what should I take for just the final weeks of P90x?
                  White flood if you wanna blast through your p90x workout. Purple Wraath- yeah, essential for your workouts, you definately will want some for when you hit the gym again too. Orange TRIad is a definite, it's a great multi. You probally also want to take the whey so you can optimize the amount of protein you intake.

Comment

I guess I’ll go with RED,WF,GM,PW,OT and when I start working out ill add WB and GG, one question on my cardio day what should I take PW or WF?
                    Last edited by Equalizer117; 03-22-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Equalizer117 View Post
                      I guess I’ll go with RED,WF,GM,PW,OT and when I start working out ill add WB and GG, one question on my cardio day what should I take PW or WF?
                      I would take pw.
                      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Working...
                      X