Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to CL products / quick questions

Hello all,

I have done a lot of reading here and at Bodybuilding.com on CL products, and am just looking for verification on the timing of WF, GM, and RA - which I ordered and should be here any day.

As a quick background, I'm and older lifter, close to 50, and in the middle of a cut for summer. I lift in the morning before work, and I generally don't eat anything prior to workout because it tends to nauseate me.

I hit the gym at 7:15 AM, in the shower at 8:30.
    My workout schedule is:

Mon - Chest/Arms/Back
    Tues - Legs/Shoulders
    Wed - Abs/Cardio
    Repeat for Thurs-Sat. Sunday off.

Meals:
    9 AM - 2 scoops ON whey, 1/2 cup oats, banana
    Noon - 6 oz chicken breast and cup of raw brocolli (sub chicken with a can of tuna sometimes) or a packet of ProLab lean mass.
    3 PM - 2 scoops ON whey
    6 PM (roughly) - dinner. 8oz lean steak (or white fish, chicken, salmon, tuna) with broccolli (or spinach, asparagus, cauliflower).
    9 PM (or close to an hour before bed) - either a single serving lowfat cottage cheese or 1 scoop ON whey

Since April 1st, I've gone from 213 lbs @ 21.5% BF to current 205 lbs at 16.5% BF.

The only supps I'm taking currently are NO-Xplode and Lipo6 (along with multi-vitamins). NO-Xplode / first serving of Lipo6 / vitamins pre-workout, and another serving of Lipo6 around 2 PM.

I'm not overly impressed with BSN. It gives a quick boost, but seems to subside rather quickly and doesn't seem to help much long term.

Both are almost gone. Which is why, based on all the great reviews and a lot of reading, I ordered the WF, GM and Red Acid.

From everything I've read from here and BB.com forum, it seems I can mix the WF and GM, and take 30-45 minutes pre-workout along with my 1st serving of RA. Or alternatively, take the WF pre and GM post. And, just like I did with the Lipo 6, take my second serving of RA at 2 P.M. thereabouts (at least 3 hours apart from the 1st).

Does that sound about right, or do you have any advice on the timing of these? Or any other advice for that matter - there is always room for improvement.

I just want to make sure I'm getting the most benefit out of these products.

Thanks much!
    Tim

Originally posted by Tim A
    Hello all,

I have done a lot of reading here and at Bodybuilding.com on CL products, and am just looking for verification on the timing of WF, GM, and RA - which I ordered and should be here any day.

As a quick background, I'm and older lifter, close to 50, and in the middle of a cut for summer. I lift in the morning before work, and I generally don't eat anything prior to workout because it tends to nauseate me.

I hit the gym at 7:15 AM, in the shower at 8:30.
    My workout schedule is:

Mon - Chest/Arms/Back
    Tues - Legs/Shoulders
    Wed - Abs/Cardio
    Repeat for Thurs-Sat. Sunday off.

Meals:
    9 AM - 2 scoops ON whey, 1/2 cup oats, banana
    Noon - 6 oz chicken breast and cup of raw brocolli (sub chicken with a can of tuna sometimes) or a packet of ProLab lean mass.
    3 PM - 2 scoops ON whey
    6 PM (roughly) - dinner. 8oz lean steak (or white fish, chicken, salmon, tuna) with broccolli (or spinach, asparagus, cauliflower).
    9 PM (or close to an hour before bed) - either a single serving lowfat cottage cheese or 1 scoop ON whey

Since April 1st, I've gone from 213 lbs @ 21.5% BF to current 205 lbs at 16.5% BF.

The only supps I'm taking currently are NO-Xplode and Lipo6 (along with multi-vitamins). NO-Xplode / first serving of Lipo6 / vitamins pre-workout, and another serving of Lipo6 around 2 PM.

I'm not overly impressed with BSN. It gives a quick boost, but seems to subside rather quickly and doesn't seem to help much long term.

Both are almost gone. Which is why, based on all the great reviews and a lot of reading, I ordered the WF, GM and Red Acid.

From everything I've read from here and BB.com forum, it seems I can mix the WF and GM, and take 30-45 minutes pre-workout along with my 1st serving of RA. Or alternatively, take the WF pre and GM post. And, just like I did with the Lipo 6, take my second serving of RA at 2 P.M. thereabouts (at least 3 hours apart from the 1st).

Does that sound about right, or do you have any advice on the timing of these? Or any other advice for that matter - there is always room for improvement.

I just want to make sure I'm getting the most benefit out of these products.

Thanks much!
    Tim
    1) Welcome to CL !

2) Some mix GM and WF together, but I would try them seperately first (with lots of water). I like:

GM + RA 30-60min preworkout
    WF 0-30min pre

3) Diet sounds great !

Comment

Sounds like a plan!

I'll give them a go seperate.

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X