yellow n and maoi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellow n and maoi

Hey boys if I'm taking something that says don't take any mao inhibitors yellow N wouldn't be such a great idea right?

Originally posted by asianbabe
    Hey boys if I'm taking something that says don't take any mao inhibitors yellow N wouldn't be such a great idea right?
    Right... don't take Yellow N with any medication.

Comment

are you on reversible mao inhibitors or not?

there some serious antidepressants...

i re-read your question and i think you might be fine.. mao-inhibitors are a specific kind of antidepressant dealing with supression of the MAOI enzyme and thus increased levels of serotinin in very specific brain regions; which entails decreased levels of depression.

without looking up anything, i would gander that yellow N has no effect on the MAO enzyme paths...

if you desire more i can read things and see what i come up with after thinking it over.. im kinda tired right now, just woke up =)

Comment

well actually it precautions against "mao/maoi inhibitors"
        i think i have some reading to do as well...
        thanks you two

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
          well actually it precautions against "mao/maoi inhibitors"
          i think i have some reading to do as well...
          thanks you two
          Is this your current stim / fatloss product ?

Comment

heres what I know about MAOI

MAOI - irreversible inhibitor of the MAO enzyme (1st gen antidepressent)
            RIMA - reversible inhibitors of MAO enzyme (3rd gen antidepressant)

with MAOI the MAO enzyme is completely destroyed due to the drug, taking aprox. 2-3weeks to restore themselves. with the RIMAs the MAO enzyme isn't destroyed just modified

MAOI's block the ruptake of MAO, which breaks down serotnin and norepinephrine
            MAOIs cause server side effects -- increased blood pressure which can lead to strokes or other hypertensive crisis cardaic states

they also block the MAOI in digestive system; which breaks down the false neurotransmitter tyramine in food/stomach .. this causes the "cheese effect" which is a strict diet individuals using MAOIs must adhere to; failure to do so may be fatal

RIMAs = same as above, but they only bind to MAOI, not destroying them
            - rimas avoid the gastro-intestinal MAOIs at moderate/low doses

Comment

Working...
            X