early am strength training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early am strength training

Due to my schedule, I lift weights 6 am on weekdays. I rise at 5am. I just started Green Bulge and want to know if I can eat anything before lifting without negating GB's effects? I have tried the empty stomach workout with my GB capsules and coffee/water, but run out of gas too early in my workout. Also, I have heard that caffeine cancels out creatine's effect. I am not giving up my morning java. Is the caffeine really a problem with GB???

Originally posted by AJM
    Due to my schedule, I lift weights 6 am on weekdays. I rise at 5am. I just started Green Bulge and want to know if I can eat anything before lifting without negating GB's effects? I have tried the empty stomach workout with my GB capsules and coffee/water, but run out of gas too early in my workout. Also, I have heard that caffeine cancels out creatine's effect. I am not giving up my morning java. Is the caffeine really a problem with GB???

The only reason you take GB on an empty stomach is because it will absorb quicker. If you take it with food, it will take longer to absorb.

Take the GB about 45 mins before you workout, and you can eat about 20 minutes after you take it. So, take the GB once you wake up, since its the first thing in the morning, it should absorb quicker. Then eat before you lift, because you don't want to lift on an empty stomach.

I don't think caffeine will inhibit the GB, but you may want to space them out like you did with the food.

Once creatine is in your system, it's in your system. I've taken GM/GB up to 2-3 hours pre-workout and I can still notice it's effects when I lift.

Comment

Another option is if you don't like to workout on a full stomach, eat right when you wake up and then 30 minutes later take your GB.

I eat 1.5 hour pre and take my GM or GM 45-60 minutes prior.

Comment

Originally posted by AJM

I take my GM and PW together pre-w/o an GG 2 pre and 1 post. I also use RA G1 which has caffeine in it. Good kick. Caffeine is def. not a prob. w/GB. Try GM better value and the taste is off the hook good.
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by AJM
          Caffeine is not a problem, just stay hydrated.

Comment

Working...
          X