Purple Wraath question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Wraath question

I see a lot of people raving about it , was curious what about the ingredients really makes it stand out, looking at it, 70% (the Purple EAA complex) of a serving are the same that you can get in ON whey (looking at the label of rocky road but assume most are the same) and 30% (EnduranceComplex) you cant get in whey.
    1. Is there something about the 70% EAA's that even though they are the same aminos as found in whey, make it different/more effective besides getting absorbed faster ?

2. The label says 0 calories, for some reason I thought protein had to have some calories to it, just want to verify this , would seem good for low carb diets.

Thanks in advance !
    (yes, did read the FAQ)

Originally posted by robert8331
    I see a lot of people raving about it , was curious what about the ingredients really makes it stand out, looking at it, 70% (the Purple EAA complex) of a serving are the same that you can get in ON whey (looking at the label of rocky road but assume most are the same) and 30% (EnduranceComplex) you cant get in whey.
    1. Is there something about the 70% EAA's that even though they are the same aminos as found in whey, make it different/more effective besides getting absorbed faster ?

2. The label says 0 calories, for some reason I thought protein had to have some calories to it, just want to verify this , would seem good for low carb diets.

Thanks in advance !
    (yes, did read the FAQ)
    Great questions... check it out:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...30&postcount=3

Comment

1 g of protein is 4 calories

but i dont think you have to include that in the overall calorie # under FDA guidelines?

also FYI:

1g of carbohydrates is 4 calories

1g of fat is 9 calories

Comment

amino acids are not a food, unlike whey, therefore BCAA and EAA products can have 0 calories.

It is the actual whey (derived from milk) that gives ON Whey its calorie count and not the amino acid blend.

The link given by PT will provide you with the rest of your answers.

Comment

Working...
        X