No announcement yet.

A Change in Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good leg workout this morning. All my joints have been feeling good! After a warmup, I knocked out 5 sets of 8 squats at 315 - a new record for me. ROM suffered a little bit on the last 4 reps or so, but I'm happy with it.

I also went to my first intro krav maga class after work. It was a lot of fun. The beginner classes do a bit more conditioning at the beginning of the class, since some who start aren't in good shape. After the leg workout this morning, some of that (Ali shuffles, wall squats, etc.) killed my calves and quads. I'm looking forward to next class!
    We'll see how this goes...

Comment

How are things going ?

Comment

Haha. Yeah. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with this AT ALL. I sorta ended up getting a lot of stuff on my plate and the non-essential things fell to the end of the priority list.

Everything is going well, though. Everything is all healed, and I'm feeling good. That is, of course, after a huge allergy issue starting last Thursday and really only clearing up this past Thursday. With the wet winter we had here in NC and the sudden rise in temperature, we had a pollen explosion that my body did not appreciate. I didn't miss any training, but I had to dial back a bit - tends to happen when you can't breathe and your whole body is sore.

I think I more or less accomplished the goal of my small micro-cut. I lost a few pounds, which has made more of a difference in the mirror than on the scale, but that's more important anyway. Now I'm moving on and trying something a little bit different - namely dropping stims. I look forward to seeing how GlycerGrow works for me.

Another thing, I'm really enjoying the first few weeks of krav maga. I'm obviously in the introduction level, never having done any martial arts/boxing/etc. before, so it's a lot of the basics and a good amount of conditioning, since not everybody in there is in great shape. I'm going to do my best to keep getting there a couple or three times a week.

I will try to throw a post in here when I can. I make no promises, just to be safe. Unfortunately, I'm not a person who loves to throw out all my numbers every workout, so some days it just doesn't feel like there's much to report, you know? Anyway, I will be around!

Comment

These last couple of weeks have been pretty good. I'm loving GlycerGrow, by the way. I've lost some sleep due to overthinking some family stuff at night, and I think it caught up with me this morning - shoulder workout didn't feel nearly as strong as I thought it should have. I know we all have days like that - it won't keep me back.

Comment

Well, due to my wrist and other random factors, along with plain laziness, this log was an epic failure. My new one should be better. I almost continued with this one, but thought it might just be bad luck, so here's the new thread:

http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...logging-effort...

Comment

Working...
            X