Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New training program and supp stack - a review/log!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jus a thought - the one bad thing about sets to failure is that I always feel disappointed when I stop and look at the previous week's failure set and realize that I didn't do as many reps as I did last time. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, there's that moment of sadness, lol, before realizing that it's most likely due to better exertion in the previous sets or something else, not that I'm getting any weaker.

It's funny the little things that effect the way our minds work.
    We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
      Finished with four weeks, and I feel great!!!
      Congrats!
      diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Thanks, bud.

Today was interesting - didn't feel balanced. The tricep and ab parts of my workout felt really good, and I felt like I was getting something done. The bicep portion...not so much. It just felt like I was having to push more for the same results. Maybe it's just that I didn't get enough sleep last night after working late, and that was the first thing I did at the gym this morning. That kind of thing has happened to me in the past. None the less, I can tell I worked the muscle well.

I'm getting used to the effects of the supps I'm using, which is to say that the effects are not lessening, but are becoming my norm, if that makes sense. I'm interested to see how I feel when I cycle off in a few weeks.

Comment

Today felt really good, but brought a question to my mind that I've had before. What do you do when the thing limiting an exercise is the secondary muscle being worked? This happens for me with two exercises in particular - not all the time, but on some days. Today, it was with the bent over row, where my forearms tired before my back. Also, it sometimes happens with dumbbell curls, where my hands and fingers start to cramp before my biceps are too tired. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to offer them.

Comment

Have you tried using straps?
            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Today felt really good, but brought a question to my mind that I've had before. What do you do when the thing limiting an exercise is the secondary muscle being worked? This happens for me with two exercises in particular - not all the time, but on some days. Today, it was with the bent over row, where my forearms tired before my back. Also, it sometimes happens with dumbbell curls, where my hands and fingers start to cramp before my biceps are too tired. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to offer them.

do forearm/wrist work....

grab two plates, put the flat sides out, pinch together with finger tips so there is a gap between your hand and the plate, hold for time ... once it gets easy, don't start counting time til your forearms burn

I also find deadlifts, chinups, and pullups work the forearms alot..

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'll try some of that.

Comment

I'm not updating as frequently because, to be honest, I haven't seen much that's different. I just want to make sure that everyone understands that in this case, that's a GOOD thing. I'm still seeing strength increases and increases in muscle definition. Yes, it's still not an overnight transformation, but these are supplements we're using, not magic, so it's cool. I'm still seeing the positive impact on recovery, and I love the endurance I have during workouts. I just thought I'd mention that, after getting home from a pretty hellish quads workout.

Comment

So, I know that everyone's body reacts to supplements a little bit differently, especially in how long it takes to see effects and things like that. I think that I have another "phase" to how my body works with what I'm using now. It took a couple of weeks to really see increased strength gains from Blue Gene. I think that coming into this week, which was my sixth week, I saw another large increase. This week's workouts have been incredible. I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has seen a two-tiered reaction like this. Whether or not you have, it definitely makes me happy!

Comment

Everything is still going well. As I said earlier, there hasn't been much that's new or different to report, so I haven't been posting as much. I will, however, post some pre/post stats after eight weeks is up. After that, I will definitely be adding to the log while I cycle off of BG, BU, and WF. I am very interested to see what that does and how it feels.

Comment

Alright, so...I finished my cycle of Blue Up and Blue Gene. I am currently about a week into cycling off of those two as well as White Flood. I am still doing well in the gym, but it takes me a bit longer to really get going during a workout, if that makes sense. It shows me that I really was getting a pre-workout energy bump. The biggest thing I've noticed is the increase in muscle soreness following workouts. This is especially the case with long runs. This morning I ran about six miles before going and playing a two-service gig at a church. Standing up after sitting through the second hour made me realize that I had done some work that morning!

As far as results go with the stack, I've been very pleased. I've seen my lifts increase a whole lot, and I've seen a lot more endurance. In keeping with the informal spirit of this log, I'm leaving out the numbers for now. As far as my physique goes, I've noticed a lot more visible muscle in all areas. Also, I haven't noticed as much fat gain as I expected with the additional 1200 or so calories I put into my diet.

All in all, I'm definitely happy with the past nine or ten weeks and what I've gotten out of it.

Unfortunately, I'm someone who always stays curious about new things, so I will be trying some different products once I cycle back onto NO and stims. I have definitely decided to keep Purple WrAAth, Golden Gains, and Reduction PM as part of my stack, though. I'll be comparing the results with different pre-workout and creatine products, but I haven't found anything for intra- or post-workout that will knock PW or GGS out, and RedPM is just incredible.

If anybody has any questions regarding how everything went, the results, or anything else, post or PM. I'll definitely answer!

Comment

If anybody has any questions regarding how everything went, the results, or anything else, post or PM. I'll definitely answer!
                          What do you have planned for the new year ?

Comment

I've changed up a few of the exercises in my program and have really learned how to push certain muscles. I've stuck with close the same program for a long time, and made myself fix my form so that I get better results from the same amount of work. I've been really happy with the gains I've made and I'm basically looking to continue on that front.

I'm still not lifting as heavy as many people around here, but as far as I'm concerned, that's no big deal. I am where I am, and I will go forward. Here are a few of my stats on some lifts. Keep in mind that these are all sets - I have never tried for a one rep max on anything.

Bench: 205
                            Deadlift: 245 (main problem seems to be grip strength...)
                            Squat: 305

I've also increased my pull-up ability, despite getting heavier, and I've increased my endurance - I ran 7.88 miles this morning on the treadmill.

As far as supps go, I've changed things up a bit - not using all CL, but still a lot. I seem to have developed a loyalty to two companies - CL and Universal. From CL, I'm using Blue Gene, Reduction PM, Orange Triad, and a combo of Purple Wraath and Purple Intrain.

I'm really glad that I didn't wait another couple years before losing all of the weight I did. I have seen some improvement in the "loose skin" situation that everyone has when they loose 100+ pound in a short amount of time. I'm guessing part of that is from the fact that I'm still pretty young. Also, I'm filling in some of that space with muscle (as much as I can!).

I've put on about 15 pounds, but I'm still sitting at a 34" waist, so I figure I'm heading the right direction!

Comment

Working...
                            X