Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New training program and supp stack - a review/log!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you noticed anything from the BG yet? I'm not sure what, if anything, you'll see/feel... I've been using it for a couple days now and I was just wondering what sort of things I might notice in the next week or so.
    diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

One thing I've noticed in the last couple of days is, in addition to the increased vascularity I've mentioned previously, I'm maintaining muscle fullness almost indefinitely following workouts. My muscles stay "harder" and don't "deflate" as much after a few hours, like normal. It's a bit like the effect that occured the first time I ever used creatine, but the muscles are HARD, and not just "bloated," like it seemed when starting creatine mono.

I have a question back to you...when you take the BG pills, do you notice a big increase in body temp pretty quickly. I definitely do, though it goes away pretty quickly. I'm just curious.
      We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Cardio again this morning...nothing much new to report...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
          One thing I've noticed in the last couple of days is, in addition to the increased vascularity I've mentioned previously, I'm maintaining muscle fullness almost indefinitely following workouts. My muscles stay "harder" and don't "deflate" as much after a few hours, like normal. It's a bit like the effect that occured the first time I ever used creatine, but the muscles are HARD, and not just "bloated," like it seemed when starting creatine mono.

I have a question back to you...when you take the BG pills, do you notice a big increase in body temp pretty quickly. I definitely do, though it goes away pretty quickly. I'm just curious.
          Thanks for answering my question!

I haven't noticed that, but I've only taken it 3 times now. I'll pay closer attention tomorrow and see if it happens.

I do notice it with REDuction AM though. ~15 minutes after taking it my whole body heats up and it lasts for a while.
          diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

I haven't used AM, so I can't compare that experience. The temp raise is interesting, since I get a little chill from WF, so I heat up w/ BG, cool down w/ WF, and then lift as much as possible at the gym

Comment

Into week 2...

So, a week and a day are over with, and I feel a lot stronger. I know that doesn't mean much, but I just feel stronger through the day, not just during a workout. Also, I'm keeping the pump better during workouts and maintaining more visible muscle definition and vascularity afterwards. This is all good.

The thing I'm most happy about is the fact that I've increased my caloric intake from about 2200-2400 to roughly 3000 per day (or about 3500 yesterday, due to mother's day feasting ), while not looking like I've gained any fat. I haven't taken a body fat percentage to confirm that, but the way I look and feel is more important to me than that number, anyway. Coming from a huge weight loss, this is the part of a bulking phase that I was most afraid of. Also, I'm getting to try a bunch of recipes I had collected that didn't really fit in with my diet before!!!

This morning, I worked chest, calves, and abs. I didn't really up weight on my chest stuff, but I did focus a LOT on form and getting a good muscle response. I was definitely after every set.

Calves were really good. I have to be careful that I don't over-extend on the seated calf raise. I have a tendency to do that and lock up the muscle, which hurts like a #*~@^! I'm not sure if there's a way to sit that will help me with that or anything. Any help from any of you out there would be great...

I never realized how much the amount of decline really impacts the feel and difficulty of incline crunches until today. When I do them, I do two sets of 20 and then one to failure. Most times, the bench is set up with 3 25 plates raising it. This was the case last week. This week, it was up on 4 plates. My failure set was 7 reps less, but I definitely felt like I had done more!

Anyway, I hope everyone's week starts off well, and I'll be back around in a bit!

Comment

Quad day workout over! I have a love/hate relationship with working this muscle group. It is usually the one that leaves me the most sore, but it always feels "productive."

Today I was able to push the weight up in small increments for all my quad exercises. I'm getting more comfortable with squatting the free weight barbell, which is good. I think using the stationary bike after helps the muscles relax a bit. I don't have that immediate "unbendable" feeling. Of course, I have been recovering more quickly after all my workouts.

I think BG is starting to kick in a bit more during workouts for me. It's not an energetic, explosive strength that I feel with it, but more of a "push-through-it-ness" strength, if that makes sense. There's not as much tiring, and I feel like the greater strength I have could last through more.

I weighed myself, but did not take BF%. I have not gained any weight, really, over the week, but a mirror check has me looking more muscular, so I'm definitely happy with that. I know I've labeled this as a bit of a lean bulk, but if I did't gain a pound and ended up looking great, I'd still be happy. The most awesome plus to that side is that I'm getting to eat so much more, which keeps me more energized through the day. And on that note, I tried something new for dinner last night. Some standards were in there - baked sweet potato w/ peanut butter, steamed broccoli and asparagus, dried dates, and raw almonds, but with a new entree - grilled sardines and onions on toast with a Tuscan herb oil. It came out great! If you're interested in seeing it, check out the "Meals Eating Now" thread in the Nutrition section of the BodyBuilding.com forums. I try to post any good meals I eat there.

Comment

BG took a few weeks to really kick in for me. I also had the heat flush from the niacin but after awhile I didn't get it anymore.

Keep up the good work. I'll be following along.

Comment

Nice job!!

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Yeah, the heat rush is starting to wear off a bit.

And thanks, Bull.Dogz!

Comment

This morning was arms and abs, and was the first workout since starting this where I really got to move weight up on a lot of exercises!!! Don't get me wrong, I've really pushed on each one, and have felt great, but it's good to get that satisfaction of picking up a bigger dumbbell once in a while.

My biceps feel great. I need to focus on isolating the triceps on my close grip bench. I can tell that I'm getting a little too much chest in there. Those skullcrushers are real burners, though, I'll tell you...

I think the short cardio before and after my weights is really a good thing for me in that it allows me to wind up and down mentally from the workout as well. I hadn't really thought about that until today - just a note.

Comment

I'm feeling great tonight...just thought I would share.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
                            I'm feeling great tonight...just thought I would share.
                            Me too! I had 2 finals today and I think they went well (2 tests away from finishing my 1st year of med school!). I had an excellent workout. The Pens won! I'm pumped. Hopefully REDuction can put me to sleep because I'm flying high right now!
                            diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Good job, bud! Finals week can be rough.

Comment

Today was a cardio day. I generally split my run into three roughly equal parts, in order to let me take a couple of breaks, both for rest and to allow for restroom breaks. With lots of liqid intake, that is needed. Also, with me, nature tends to call for the disposal of the previous day's food in the mornings... The really good thing about these breaks, is that it allows meto be very systematic and mathematical about how I use PW during my run, since I don't like trying to drink while running. In case you haven't noticed yet through this thread, I'm a bit OCD about things, and like routines and systems. I mix up 24 ounces worth of PW and drink 6 ounces before the run, 6 after part 1, 6 after part 2, and 6 at the end. Then it's a breather before fixing GGS and breakfast.

Anyway, I got a big time abdominal cramp a few minutes into resting after the run today. It's the first time that's happened in a while. I think it's due to the tightness left over from working abs yesterday. It didn't take long to go away, but it sucked.

I've gained 2 pounds over the last week and a half. I thought seeing that increase would bother me, as I said earlier, but I looked in the mirror and looked BETTER, so it actually made me smile - good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X