Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks man -- it was a wild thanksgiving break back home with the families -- alot more fatiguing than I imagined, and i believe my max testing today suffered..oh well

Comment

• yesterdays workout:

vert max test - 3x3 - first best = 24, 2nd = under 24 (didnt resert vertec), 3rd = 25 (on 4th or 5th jump)

clean max - 8xbar, 5x95,3x135,1x185,205, 2-3 tries at 225., couldnt get under it, need to work on heavy front squats in addition to cleans

circuits- 5 total

20 TKE's a leg + 20 band pull aparts before each circuit
      10 RDL's
      10 bent over rows
      10 bradford presses
      10 pushups on the bar
      10 front squats
      10 lunges (5 a leg)

first 4 sets were with 10pds on the bar, started to struggle with the squats n lunges, and th elast set was with other exercises in place of those above -- reverse hypers for RDL's, DB rows for bar rows, bradfords with an empty bar, 1arm elevated pushups, bodyweight drop squats + bodyweight lunges

Comment

• B squat max - 8 xbar, 5x135, 3x225, 1x275,315,365,385, failed at 400
        (no belt, no wraps, no nothin, just me under the bar)

bench max - 8xbar,5x135,3x225,1x275,300,failed 315

15 TKEs + 15 band pull aparts

military press - 8x95,5x135,3x165
        inverted pullups - 10 per for first two sets, regular pullups for last set

pushups - 10 sets of 10 with 10 seconds rest -- after 5 sets i took a 1min rest though, was hurting --- first 4 sets regular, middle 3 sets on knees, last 4 sets on an elevated surface

glute ham pops - like 6 or 7 sets of 10 with 10 seconds rest

I stopped early on them to help organize and clean the weight room for winter break

on a side note; I am getting a free glute ham raise; from like 1985 prolly.. but i cleaned it off real good, and i plan to reapostlry it...the main problem will be getting it from Temple to my apt...lol

Comment

• just typed in my log for yesterday and it didnt post... and i think i may stop typing in daily workouts... takes too much time/effort, and serves no real point.

The more i get into things , the more it amazes me when trainers/coaches that strive to be highly respected and make profit from their workouts but post them daily on a blog or website...so in avoidance of ever becoming that guy, im prolly going to stop this.

Comment

• Jeff - that is understandable... after all, that is your product right out there for everyone to see and copy. However, if you look at it from another perspective, there are some good workouts posted everywhere for free, books one can take out from the library for free, and so on.
            People who follow those workouts (or yours lifted from your log) are most likely not going to sign up with you for your personal training, and especially won't do so if they don't get an idea of you, your style, and your expertise.

What you are doing with your log is a form of advertising through education. It only makes you more credible and your services more valuable to offer this kind of insight into your services, background, and knowledge.
            Those who are serious enough to want to sign up with you for advice will understand they get more than just a generic plan with you...

It's funny you should post that comment, by the way... I was checking out your training website last week and was going to get an email together to ask you about some of your services.

I think the trainers and coaches that walk the walk earn credibility and a following, and the business will follow from there. By logging here, you are walking the walk... You may not want to log every final detail, but please keep the updates coming. I know I'm not on here a lot, but yours is one of the logs I check in on when I do.

Comment

• thanks man, im problaly going to keep updating, just not typing full workouts and details for each etc. I am going to find a new way to do that which I can easily utilize for monitoring & constant evaluation.

The website was just something i did for school, i havent utilized it much since getting the grade ... in the future it is something i'd like to expand, and if i ever am financially able it would be a great resource for helping my open a facility/start a business.. at some point I hope to begin a form of blog on there; chances are not much will happen until I have a FT job that is more fixed in schedule -- currently Im all over the place doing work and rarely have down time

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                My girl and I are now engaged!
                Congrats JD!
                Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

• thanks man, just talked to my bro last night and he proposed to his girl while at the steelers game last weekend too !

Comment

• may lift at a golds tonight, if i can find the free trial thing on their website

done with school til the spring, so i might not be getting as much lifts in next few weeks ..unless i drive an hour to temple to lift while the building is open lol

Comment

• golds gym sucks.. but i felt like a major badass deadlifting 315 there, lol

and when i pulled out bands to do pull throughs for a finisher, im pretty sure everyone in there was like wtf..

Comment

• In refernce to supplements and the majority of training BS thrown around on public forums/conversations:

recklessly abadon what you've known, heard, and seek for the answer... exit the unthinking majority and enter the realm of personal thought control

....instead of feeding the establishment, question it's very existance...
                        Last edited by jiritt0; 12-15-2009, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• heavy leg day, plus tons of olympic lifts, and even more depth jumps + box jumps...

I am going to be walking like I'm 75 tomorrow

might of busted my shoulder up too.. its hard to tell from years of pitching... may see a doc for the first time in a long time
                          Last edited by jiritt0; 12-16-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• finished reading UNDER THE BAR and I'm gonna read RAISING THE BAR before I venture back into the world of academic readings with chlosterol won't kill you but transfat could (2nd attempt)

we sold our nintendo wii the other day, less time wasted - more time to do & learn

interview set up next week for a part time coaching position at a velocity little north of philly...

watched a video series on codex something or other.. stuff was intense talking about capitalistic takeover of genetic modified food and how that relates to disease and pharmaceuticals and politics/$

also watched the superbaby series about the toddler with a lack of myostatin receptors.. wonder what that kids lifts will be like when he's in HS
                            Last edited by jiritt0; 12-17-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• killer workout -- deviated a little from what I wrote, but thats because I wanted to do harder stuff as a finisher

Temple football must of got new chains (bowl game $ must be awesome) so now they're old digs are in the room I lift/coach in -- they're very large, maybe 2-3x as heavy as the ones I got from home depot, used them for depth drop pushups today, was brutal

gonna plan them in somehow next week, maybe with some the olys if i feel real real crazy

ordered joe defrancos new product - business dvd with him and zach evn esch ... I really wanna get a FT collegiate coaching job and start building capital to open my own warehouse sport performance gym...only thing holding me back is $ which is a pussy excuse but im in debt bad from 6yrs of college haha
                              Last edited by jiritt0; 12-18-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                                finished reading UNDER THE BAR and I'm gonna read RAISING THE BAR before I venture back into the world of academic readings with chlosterol won't kill you but transfat could (2nd attempt)

we sold our nintendo wii the other day, less time wasted - more time to do & learn

interview set up next week for a part time coaching position at a velocity little north of philly...

watched a video series on codex something or other.. stuff was intense talking about capitalistic takeover of genetic modified food and how that relates to disease and pharmaceuticals and politics/$

also watched the superbaby series about the toddler with a lack of myostatin receptors.. wonder what that kids lifts will be like when he's in HS
                                Man, this stuff is awesome to read about - you are definitely doing some interesting things. Keep it up, and keep posting about it here! Some of that genetically modified stuff is pretty scary/interesting, then they go and layer all the conspiracy theory stuff on top of it all... lol... Some of the "theories" are more than just somewhat believable, tho, which is even more scary sometimes...

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                                killer workout -- deviated a little from what I wrote, but thats because I wanted to do harder stuff as a finisher

Temple football must of got new chains (bowl game $ must be awesome) so now they're old digs are in the room I lift/coach in -- they're very large, maybe 2-3x as heavy as the ones I got from home depot, used them for depth drop pushups today, was brutal

gonna plan them in somehow next week, maybe with some the olys if i feel real real crazy

ordered joe defrancos new product - business dvd with him and zach evn esch ... I really wanna get a FT collegiate coaching job and start building capital to open my own warehouse sport performance gym...only thing holding me back is $ which is a pussy excuse but im in debt bad from 6yrs of college haha
                                Keep the focus on the dreams - seems like you have a good head on your shoulders and will be going places. You certainly are putting in the hard work and diligence to get you there. With a sound plan, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. (Probably not amazed, though. You seem to be one that would expect the results from a well-thought out and well-intentioned plan... which is as it should be.)

Good luck and best of wishes with all of your plans...

Comment

Working...
                                X