Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich's New Beginning: WNBF Pro Stage in 2009!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Illilian View Post
    that looks like fun... but they need to be a bunch of water ballons.
    Haha, we could have used it with the heat!

---------------------------

BIG THINGS!!!

Beyond Limits V2.0
    Life has been crazy for the past few years, but stuff keeps amazing me with God's hand behind it all. So, after 6 months operating Beyond Limits Training at our current location, we are forced to move. My first response. Why? Isn't that always our response.

Well after a few weeks working on relocating, our silver lining is MORE SPACE. Nothing is official yet, but please keep us in your prayers as we work through real estate proposals. So, by September 1 we will be at a new location in downtown Columbus. Our top prospect looks quite promising with exposed brick and more space with an upstairs.

New personal website is complete!
    After 2 years of a stale personal website focusing on the Buckeye Classic and Beyond Limits, my new personal website is complete and will be regularly updated.

www.RichBodyFit.com

Buckeye Classic news coming soon!
    By next week we will have news on the Buckeye Classic as we move locations and add a WNBF Pro Men's show.

Oh, and we crushed back yesterday. Chest is loving Monday's workout. Shoulders and bis tomorrow!
    **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
    **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
    http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
    http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

• AWESOME SHOULDERS & BICEPS DAY!

Feeling a little softer than my liking after the 4th of July feedings, but after todays strength...who cares?

Arnold DB Presses
      50 x 10
      70 x 10
      90 x 6 ---> vid prospect for next week
      90 x 5

Alternating Hammer Curls
      35 x 8
      50 x 8
      60 x 6
      60 x 4

Barbell Curls
      65 x 10
      85 x 8
      105 x 6
      110 x 6
      - SUPERSET -
      1-Arm Cable Laterals
      Arm in front on my DAP. Roughly double my weight to equal a normal pulley's weight. Shoulders felt great, so I kept pushing.
      12.5 x 10
      17.5 x 10
      18.75 x 10
      20 x 6

Behind Back Smith Shrugs
      Rack was taken, so this worked. 2-second contraction at top.
      185 x 10
      275 x 10
      315 x 10 ---> felt easy
      375 x 6 -------> felt hard, will go for middle ground next time
      - SUPERSET -
      Incline DB Curls
      Simultaneous curling and full stretch at bottom for burn!
      30 x 10
      35 x 10
      40 x 6

Standing DB Shrugs
      100 x 15
      120 x 15 ---> adding a chain next time

Behind Back Wrist Curls
      95 x 15
      105 x 11
      105 x 8

New website is up! www.richbodyfit.com

http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

• Sweet Arnold press numbers man! Youre a machine!
        "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
        CFD

Comment

• Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
          Sweet Arnold press numbers man! Youre a machine!
          Thanks bro! Yeah, definitely PR weight. It's had a nice carry over to my incline bench as well. Feeling thicker up top in general, which is a good thing! How are your workouts going?

----------------------------

SQUAT PR!

That is all you need to say to signify a good leg day. I have squatted more before, but not this much for 8 reps. James, Terrell and I all had the best squat day in a long time.

Squats
          45 x 10
          135 x 10
          225 x 8
          315 x 8
          375 x 8 ---> PR

Straight-Leg Barbell Deadlifts
          My previous PR on these is 355 and in just 3 weeks I'm back up there. Not stopping on these for a little while.
          135 x 10
          255 x 8
          345 x 8

High Stance Leg Press
          Hips, hips, hips. Gotta keep these going rather than the every other week pattern of the past month.
          450 x 15
          630 x 15
          810 x 15
          900 x 9

Started to fade a little bit, so I decided to wrap up with a triple set.

Leg Extensions
          115 x 10
          160 x 10
          220 x 13
          - TRIPLE SET -
          Walking DB Lunges Down
          45's down (~8 or 9 per leg}
          60's down
          75's down & back ----> why not
          - TRIPLE SET -
          Seated Leg Curls
          115 x 10
          145 x 10
          175 x 10

And then laid on the ground for 10 minutes with my quads burning the entire time.

NEW WEBSITE IS UP: www.RichBodyFit.com

Comment

• Ya I bet the arnold's carry well to inclines. I actually havent had a actual workout in 4 weeks due to living on a fire base without no weights(you would think they would but oh well). Lost good amount of strength off of my 3 lifts but ready to get back at it tomorrow
            CFD

Comment

Ya I bet the arnold's carry well to inclines. I actually havent had a actual workout in 4 weeks due to living on a fire base without no weights(you would think they would but oh well). Lost good amount of strength off of my 3 lifts but ready to get back at it tomorrow
              ------------------------

That is a bummer. Keep the intake up to preserve and hit whatever body weight stuff you can. Blast straps would be a good buy. One of my good friends and business partners was a firefighter and they had a decent little setup to keep something going. Living on a fire base huh? That's interesting...

SOLID CHEST & TRI DAY:

Yesterday was the first day with some new weights and I was pleased just to be moving the new weight. Sometimes 10 pounds makes a BIG difference! After a long morning at Hoover Dam, 8 of us came back to keep the party going.

Floor Presses with Chains
              Added 61 lbs of chain, most of which comes off the floor. New weight, not including chains:
              45 x 10
              135 x 8
              205 x 3
              245 x 2 ---> James put his finger on the bar prematurely, but I'm counting it

Incline Bench
              New weight after 235 x 5 last week. Getting 3 next week!
              45 x 10
              135 x 10
              205 x 5
              245 x 2, then forced another out

Flat DB Press
              Hit one more on each of my last sets after all the above work ^^^
              65 x 10
              95 x 10
              110 x 7
              110 x 6

Incline DB Flys
              50 x 10
              65 x 10
              75 x 10 ---> got after these!

Semi-Supinated Chain Pushups
              38 lbs x 15
              38 lbs x 11
              50 lbs x 10ish

Ran out of time and had to finish triceps after I finished running posing classes.

DB Skullcrushers
              I've hit the 35's with success previously and was happy to get up to 40's with good control and 3 second negative to the shoulders.
              30 x 10
              35 x 10
              40 x 6
              40 x 5
              Alternating with stretch on opposite arm:
              25's x 8 x 6

Fat Bar Pushdowns
              Dug the fat gripz on regular triceps bar.
              57.5 x 10
              62.5 x 10
              67.5 x 10
              72.5 x 6 ---> tough

Slight Incline DB Overhead Extensions
              Will have to get a vid of these for Carol upon request. Little rest between sets due to clients waiting.
              60 x 10
              70 x 8
              70 x 8

THOUGHT ON NATURAL BODYBUILDING:
              After reviewing reviewing the results of the NPC Team Universe, it is my conclusion that natural bodybuilding organizations such as the INBF/WNBF and also the OCB/IFPA are truly the premier events for natural bodybuilding. Not only is the drug testing more sound and stringent, but the lineups are deeper.

I'm certainly not taking anything away from the OUTSTANDING competitors who competed at the Team U, but there were only 36 bodybuilders at the Team U and only 12 in the classes under 165. Now there were some crazy competitors as usual and I know several names of the past sat out, but the INBF Amateur Worlds had 53 competitors and another 40 pros in the WNBF Worlds. There were also 20 competitors in INBF Worlds class under 165 and another insane 12 in the pro lightweights.

To those who compete natural, is there really a choice?

Comment

• Actually I just got home last week so Ive been able to get back at the weights. But I still want to inveest in some blast straps. Ive heard nothing but great things about em. Ya liveing on the base was somewhat interesting. It was for for advance fire cert, which was fun, but not having any weights was hard. The majority population really dont realize how much weight training(whether powerlifting, bodybuilding,etc.) affects our lives.

And I couldnt agree more with you on natural competition. Imo, its the only way to truly test your body's physique or strength. And sweet floor presses numbers!
                CFD

Comment

Actually I just got home last week so Ive been able to get back at the weights. But I still want to inveest in some blast straps. Ive heard nothing but great things about em. Ya liveing on the base was somewhat interesting. It was for for advance fire cert, which was fun, but not having any weights was hard. The majority population really dont realize how much weight training(whether powerlifting, bodybuilding,etc.) affects our lives.

And I couldnt agree more with you on natural competition. Imo, its the only way to truly test your body's physique or strength. And sweet floor presses numbers!
                  Ah, I see. That makes sense. I was like, who lives on a fire base and what is a fire base? Yes, we need to exercise our testosterone in a productive way haha. Thanks the floor presses are getting there. I'm going to keep them going a little while longer then do some chain benching perhaps. If the numbers keep moving, I keep pushing!

----------------------------

BACK DAY!

Gotta love back days. I got a late start today as I was talking to WNBF Pro, Toni West about her assault on the World Championships this year. She took 3rd last year and has won both of her WNBF pro shows this year, and I'm excited to help her take the WNBF Women's title this year in November. So, I jumped right in with Terrell and James who already started.

Corner Barbell T-Bar Rows
                  I don't like when my upper body rocks upward on a rep when it gets tough, so I then stop reset and take a few breaths on the last heavy sets.
                  135 x 10
                  180 x 6
                  205 x 5 + 2
                  225 x 2 + 1
                  145 x 15

Weighted Wide-Grip Pullups
                  BW x 8
                  25 lbs x 6
                  45 lbs x 6
                  55 lbs x 4
                  BW x 10

Bent-Over DB Rows
                  Simultaneous squeezing for 2-count on mid-back. Gotta get thick!
                  45's x 8
                  55's x 8
                  65's x 8
                  75's x 8
                  80's x 10 + 2
                  - SUPERSET -
                  Band Scapula Pinches
                  Micro band doubled choking inside shoulder width and doing a rear delt like move pinching my shoulder blades together.
                  4 sets of 8-12

Straight-Arm Pulldowns
                  62.5 x 15
                  67.5 x 11
                  67.5 x 10

Workout Grade & Thoughts:

A-

Toasted! Was really surprised to have no back strength left at the end. Overall it was a solid day with plenty of focus throughout the entire back. Threw in some calves at the end. Need to crush these again this week to make up for last week.

Comment

• SHOULDERS, BIS & 4 MOVEMENTS TO TOAST THE LEGS:

Had to hit a REAL quick shoulder and biceps workout yesterday due to continued real estate digging. Fortunately, we have found another prospect that could be even better. Shoulders and bis:

Arnold DB Press
                    50 x 10
                    70 x 10
                    90 x 6 ---> took a tap on 7, but better
                    90 x 5
                    - SUPERSET -
                    Alternating DB Curls
                    Very strong supination at top and maintaining on the negative.
                    30 x 8
                    40 x 8
                    50 x 8
                    55 x 3 ----> certainly something to work at haha

1-Arm Cable Lateral Raises
                    This isn't too light on my DAP
                    15 x 10
                    17.5 x 10
                    20 x 8
                    - SUPERSET -
                    EZ Reverse Curls
                    Extensors need more direct work. Did this light and slow to baby some joint concerns. Felt real good.
                    50 x 15
                    60 x 15
                    65 x 13

Behind Back Bar Shrugs
                    Getting strong again on these with very good control and 2-second holds at top.
                    185 x 10
                    275 x 10 ---> easy
                    325 x 6 ------> tough
                    - SUPERSET -
                    EZ Bar Curls
                    Did first set with barbell and wrist just felt these last week despite strength, so opted for EZ Bar. Will do something different next time.
                    65 x 10
                    80 x 10
                    100 x 6 ----> pretty much done at this point regardless

And today Tyler Viars joined us for a leg workout. There was a four man rotation with James, Terrell and I, but it was much needed with the movements.

Squats
                    45 x 10
                    135 x 10
                    225 x 8
                    315 x 8
                    385 x 5 ----> day one back at this weight and will take a little getting used to. Felt solid!

Straight-Leg Bar Deadlifts
                    135 x 10
                    275 x 8
                    355 x 8 ---> tied a PR and I look forward to breaking it next week

Walking DB Lunges
                    Down and back for maybe 16-18 steps, since our back door is shut. Not sure, just hammered them with bigger weights than the last time. Chasing 100's.
                    BW
                    45's
                    80's ----> pretty easy not breaking stride
                    90's -------> tough in the middle of our narrow hallway and the last few steps.

Just feeling beastly till I hit the leg press.

High Stance Leg Presses
                    Little pressure on the lower back and hips are tight at this point.
                    450 x 15
                    630 x 15
                    810 x 13, drop to 540 x 10+

Not really sure how many I did on the drop set maybe 13, but just gave it everything till it felt like my glutes were tearing. I then kinda blacked out for a second, rolled out to lay on the ground and then crawled out to lay further away, so James could hit his set.

Comment

• GYM TRANSITIONING BEGINS

Last week was quite a rough week trying to balance the normal heavy load and then also real estate shopping, Buckeye Classic planning and setting up a big equipment buy. Good news is that we seem to have a finalist for our new gym, and Beyond Limits will become a full service commercial gym as we work on lease negotiations for this 4500 SF facility (big jump from 1800 SF). We will relocate within 45 days.

BUCKEYE CLASSIC NEWS:
                      Also, we have officially booked the Terrace Ballrooms at the Greater Columbus Convention Center for the Buckeye Classic next April 16, 2010. Our first draft for our flyer and WNBF contract for the Pro Men's Tournament of Champions should be inked next week.

NEW BEYOND LIMITS TOYS:
                      Saturday, I spent 5 hours moving out of storage and into storage 2 True Fitness treadmills, 2 True Fitness Striders, 1 True Fitness Stationary Bike, Hammer Strength Shoulder Press, Hammer Strength MTS Biceps, Hammer Strength MTS Triceps and another Life Fitness cable crossover unit. OH YEAH!!!

TRAINING:
                      Unfortunately, we had to miss our back day Saturday to move and will do Back & Bis today and Shoulders & Tris on Tuesday. Wednesday for legs. This week will be a great week of training! A HUGE congrats goes out to client and friend Matt Stolz for winning the INBA Sunshine Classic Overall this past weekend!

Comment

• SOLID BACK & BIS:

Overall this workout was pretty rock solid. Set the bis on fire and really pleased with how I handled the weight on back. Workout Grade = A

Bent-Over Rows
                        Went with a medium grip and focused as usual on full stretch and 1-second hold at top. T-bars definitely have carried over nicely on these. Would love to get up to 275 on these...without doing a mini upright row haha.
                        95 x 10
                        135 x 8
                        185 x 8
                        205 x 6
                        225 x 6
                        235 x 5 ---> last 2 were tough to keep the form strict, but not bad for day 1

Alternating DB Curls
                        Hard supination at the top, maintaining controlled supinated eccentric.
                        35 x 8
                        45 x 8
                        55 x 4
                        50 x 7

Medium Grip Pullups with Neutral Grip
                        Took a spot on the last few reps on last 2 sets. This is one of the nastiest arm burning supersets!!
                        BW x 10
                        10 lbs x 8
                        10 lbx x 8
                        - SUPERSET -
                        Incline Hammer Curls
                        Simultaneous curling....the BURN! Serious do some chins or neutral grip pulling and then try hammer curling.
                        35 x 8
                        35 x 7
                        35 x 7

1-Arm DB Rows
                        REALLY pleased with form on these. Good stretch, good squeeze. If I keep getting wider, some thickness will have to come as well haha.
                        75 x 8
                        100 x 8
                        120 x 8
                        138 x 8 ---> added 5/8 chain. Next up 150!

Reverse EZ Bar Curls
                        Bis just spent. Did these really controlled and smooth. Will do some flexor forearm work tomorrow.
                        60 x 15
                        65 x 12
                        65 x 10

Straight-Arm Pulldowns
                        57.5 x 15
                        62.5 x 15
                        67.5 x 12
                        - SUPERSET -
                        Band Rear Delt/Scapula Pinches
                        Choked way in on these for a really tough 3 sets of 10 keeping tension all across the mid back/rear delt/lat area.

Comment

• Well I have no idea how I missed this journal. Everything looks great in here man. Carry on

Comment

• Originally posted by 5six View Post
                            Well I have no idea how I missed this journal. Everything looks great in here man. Carry on
                            Well, thank you sir! It's going good on it's way to great. Things aren't as lively here as bb.com forums, but gotta represent the CL!

--------------------------------

MORE OF A CRAZY WEEK, BUT TRAINING IS SPOT ON!

This week has been more crazy than last, but with much more certainty. Lease on the space has been emailed and is currently under review and looks good for a September 1 lift off of Beyond Limits V2.0. I will celebrate and officially announce with ink is dry for our new 4500 SF place.

Meanwhile, I picked up a 220 lb tire for FREE that stands about 5'8" tall. Now all we need is one about 350-400 from a combine and we are set. It was a cool experience at the tire recycling facility. We also had an impromptu drive up sale for two VERY nice precor dumbbell racks. With some bartering we bought them both. It's been a busy week training and I have lots of new people jumping aboard and new members signing up as well. All good stuff, but busy, busy!

So, some quick highlights of shoulders, tris & legs:

- Arnold DB Presses 90 x 7 (see below vid)
                            - Close-Grip Incline 185 x 8, 195 x 6
                            - Lying DB Extensions 40's x 8 ---> getting better, stupid left triceps
                            - Squats 385 x 5, missed on 6, but MUCH better
                            - Straight-Leg Deadlifts 365 x 8 ---> PR

Comment

• QUICK UPDATE:

Just a quick update as I get ready for our Hoover Dam Fitness Camp tomorrow morning. Hit a good chest and triceps workout. Decided to mix in some bench press with chains and hit 225 plus 61 pounds of chain for 2 reps and nearly missed on 3 (a link or two on the ground). Not too shabby for being a terrible bencher, but I must say I prefer these 10 x's more than regular bench. Then hit 100's for 6 solid and controlled on the incline. Had to finish up chest with a quick, but brutal tri-set of functional flys, semi-supinated pushups and incline flys. Then, I finished up tris an hour later when I finished up a client.

James is coming along nicely in his prep for the Naturalmania and our newest training partner Terrell will be tough to beat in the 165 class at the Cardinal as well.

Comment

• FIRST POST THIS WEEK & THE WEEK IS ALMOST GONE!

Wow, crazy slacking on my bb.com log. I will give you the a quick review of my week and post today's training. But first, we are SIGNING OUR NEW LEASE tomorrow!!! Oh yeah, we move from 1800 SF training studio to 4300 SF gym. Needless to say, I've been quite busy with sourcing, interviewing, much business planning and right in the thick of fall contest prep for my clients and training partners.

I hit shoulders and tris VERY fast on Monday as it was the wife's b-day and we squeezed it in together before gorging on some grub. Legs was solid squatting 385 x 8, straight-leg DL's 375 x 6 and 225 x 31. Did some nasty supersets to finish. Ah, but chest and bis today!

CHEST & BIS!
                                Had 90 minutes to hit this one thoroughly and was fairly pleased. Did some of this below supersetted... Workout Grade: A-

[b]Flat Bench with Chains[b]
                                About 65 lbs of chain with a bit still on the ground. Beats last week! Weights without chain.
                                45 x 10
                                95 x 10
                                185 x 8
                                225 x 3 ---> getting there
                                235 x 2

Incline DB Presses
                                Will do better on these.
                                55 x 10
                                80 x 8
                                100 x 6 ----> took a tap on #7
                                110 x 2 ---> stalled cold on #3

Incline DB Flys
                                50 x 10
                                65 x 10
                                80 x 7

Alternating DB Curls
                                Stuck on these, but will keep working.
                                35 x 8
                                45 x 8
                                55 x 4
                                50 x 6

Semi-Supinated Chain Pushups
                                Pounds of chain, hence the odd increments
                                31 x 15
                                38 x 15
                                50 x 15
                                50 x 11

Incline Hammer Curls
                                Simultaneous with full stretch at bottom
                                35 x 10
                                40 x 6
                                40 x 6

Seated Cable Flys
                                27.5/side x 10
                                27.5/side x 10
                                32.5/side x 9

EZ Reverse Curls
                                65 x 15
                                70 x 12

And just a little more for the forearms and bis...

Behind Back Wrist Curls
                                95 x 15
                                105 x 12

& Across Chest Hammers with 40's and 35's to finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X