• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit teh cuff and cardio this am

Cuff
    Warm up for abbduction, adduction, push downs and raises
    1x15x20

Working sets all done in this order abbduction, adduction, raises and push downs.

1x12x20
    abbduction and adduction
    2x10x30
    raises and push downs
    2x10x20

Only exercise giving any discomfort is the push downs. Cardio was 30 min. on treadmill speed 3.0-3.4 on 15* incline followed by 10 minuetes on stair machine.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Had a good session today. Warmed up on the treadmill for 10 min then hit shoulders.

Warm up

Hammer Strength overhead press all weight is per side, super setted with abbduction and adduction cuff exercises.
      HS
      2x15x45
      Cuff
      2x15x20

Working sets
      HS
      1x10x70
      1x10x90
      1x10x100
      1x5x105 then 1x6x90

Reverse flyes on cables. Started low to feel the shoulders and weight out.
      1x10x20
      1x10x30
      1x4x40 then dropped to 1x6x30. Dropped due to bad form.

Lateral raises machine
      1x10x60
      2x10x80

Cable upright rows with ez bar
      1x10x80
      2x10x110 super setted with cable front raises 2x10x20

neutral grip shrugs
      2x15x270
      1x15x320

Kept using the cables due to the tennis elbows. They are getting better but it is a slow process. The shoulder felt really good today. Very little discomfort. I would say 3-4/10. The cuff rehab is really paying off.

Ab work
      Roman chair
      2x15xnw

leg raises, reverse crunches then leg raise and reverse crunch combo
      2x15xbw

Cardio
      27 min mixed up HIIT on the tread and elliptical. All of this followed by 12 min. in the sweat lodge.

Comment

Hit arms and cardio this am. Arms went well. Was actually able to warm up with bb curls with no discomfort. For my final set of single arm curls I used the 30lbs db's and was only able to complete 6 reps before the pain starting to develope so I stopped and cont. on. Had zero discomfort on all the other curls. Utilized cables and machines. Triceps went well. No distress at all to the elbows. Exercises done were rope push downs, straigh bar push downs and kick backs on the cables. Cardio was 10 min warm up with 20 HIIT on elliptical runner.

Comment

2 day update here. Yesterday was cardio 50 min on treadmill levels 8-15 and speed 3.0-3.2. Did not hold on the the treadmill at all and DAMN I have never sweated so much.

Today was chest and cardio. Attempted bb incline but still had a decent degree of pain to r shoulder. So all machines used were Hammet Strength.

BB incline warm up super setted with cuff abbduction and adduction
          1x15x135
          1x12x135 pain got up to a 7/10 so I backed off and went to Hammer Strength for working sets

cuff
          2x15x20

HS incline all weight is per side
          1x12x70
          1x10x90
          1x8x100
          1x6x100
          1x8x90

HS bench
          4x10x70

HS decline
          1x10x70
          2x10x80

Pec dec flyes
          3x10x110

HS wide grip bench press
          1x20x45

Cardio was treadmill again for 40 minutes levels 8-15. Really kicked my arce big time after the chest workout. Chest felt week and exausted. Not my best but it will do.

Comment

Today was another cuff, cardio and abs day. Cuff is doing well except for push downs. Pain remains but it takes longer for it to get to the unbearable point.

Abbduction/adduction and warm ups
            Warm ups included raises and push downs.
            1x15x10

Working sets abbduction/adduction
            1x12x20
            2x10x30

Raises/pushdown working sets
            3x10x20

abs....oblique crunches
            3x15xbw
            side bridge for obliques for 30 sec. each side

Cardio was treadmill for 50 minutes. Levels 8-15 speed 3.0. This cardio is kickin my ass. I really have to push through the 30-50 minute mark.

Supplement update. Out of WF and PW and nearing the end of GM. Hoping to place another order soon but with the baby almost here it is hard to justify the extra expence.
            Last edited by icetrauma; 07-02-2008, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Been out of pocket the past couple of days due to the 4th July holiday and changing jobs. Will be hitting the gym tomorrow.

Comment

Started a new job this week. Orientation really sucks. Gym has been going slow very slow but shoulder and elbows are doing well. Looking forward to hitting it back on a full time basis next week.

Comment

What a busy past 2 wks. Finished orientation at new job. Wife is now 37 wks. prego and is about ready to deliver our 3rd child/2nd daughter. Gym is going slow do to hectic schedule. My wife had to go to the hospital last week for the pregnancy. She was having contractions all day and when we got to the hospital they stopped about 1hr after arrival. She then passed 2 kidney stones yesterday and is ready for the baby to be here. Cuffs are doing very good. No more pain at all. I am officially out of all supps except OT and BU. Will get more prob. a month or 2 after the baby is here. To who ever is still following this log, or lack their of, I highly recommend doing rotator cuff exercises to prevent any discomfort that can be avoided by doing the simple exercises. So, see ya'll later and will be posting off and on for now. Thanks for your support.

Mike

Comment

Strained my cuff before, sucked big time.

Hope all goes well with the wifey and congrats!!
                    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Today was the first time I was able to do bb overhead presses along with all dumbell raises. Cuff gave a little trouble at first but after a few sets it was all good!

Comment

Hai!
                        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

More update. Yesterday was arms and had a pretty good workout. Was actually able to do dumbell curls and skull crushers with actual db's and ez-bar. Still had a little elbow pain but it was bearable. Shoulders and arms feel good this am. No real doms. Had to pop a little motrin last pm to ease the elbow pain. Today was legs. Knees gave me a little trouble at first but then went away. Did squats for the 1st time in many months. Feeling good so far so lets see what the rest of the day brings.

Comment

Did chest, abs and cardio today. Hit bb incline, db bench, hammer stregnth decline and cable crossovers. Shoulders had no prob. neither did elbows. abs was oblique crunches and cardio short 20 min on elliptical runner. Chest = 14 sets. Abs = 3x15xbw each side. Solid workout glad to be back in the freeweights.

Comment

Hit shoulders, traps and cardio today. Went very well. Able to push out an extra 2 reps on bb overhead press today. Upped the weight faster on both seated lat. and bent over db raises. Total working were 16

bb overhead press
                              2 warm ups 2 x 15 then 4 working sets 10,10,8,8
                              seated db lat. raises 4x10
                              seated bent over db raises 4x10
                              shrug machine 4x10

cardio was 20 minutes level 6 hills. Ran hills and walked the valleys. 20 min. is all I have time for due to time restraints.

Rotator cuff is awesome and little pain 2/10 with warm ups but then went away really fast. Slight r tennis elbow discomfort on raises but this to shall pass. Over all I am satisfied with the workout but cannot wait to stronger and stop babing everything but I do understand good things come to those who wait.

Comment

Had a good session this am. I have been drinking 25 g whey preworkout along with a speed stack pre and during. Out of the flood but hope to get some soon. Today was abs and arms. Got a later than usual start so cardio took a back seat.

Warm up
                                straight bar curls 2x15
                                straigth bar push downs and v-bar push downs 2x15
                                Smith machine reverse grip bench 1x15

Working sets
                                Smith machine reverse grip bench press 4x10 super setted with
                                EZ bar curls 4x10

Skull crushers 4x10 super setted with
                                db curls 4x10

db kick backs 4x10 super setted with
                                ez bar preacher curls 4x10 super setted with
                                ab crunches 3x15

Felt the tennis elbow on the right side a little during preacher curls and skull crushers but it passed. Shoulders feel full this am and traps are a little tight.

Comment

Working...
                                X