This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday April 16th Day 106

Trained 5 clients today and had one cancel, in between clients I spent an hour and a half at the DMV getting my dad's old car's title transferred to me.
    I had one of the "6 hour energy shots" that me and berto got at the dr joe seminar as part of the gift package....yeah that was dumb...I had it at 11am, and I worked out at 8:30pm....perfect time to be right in the middle of the stim crash lol....so that was foolish, HIIT was like running through godamned mud backwards today....I did my best, but I was pissed with my performance. I wanted to come in and do 20 intervals before I switched to the stair stepper, I only made 16....grrr....but I'm not too mad, because I gave it my all...and I'm not training for a 5k, it doesnt matter what kind of vo2 max I have...it just matters what kind of hormonal response, Perceived effort I put forth and how many calories I burned.
    After the workout I met barb at the old duplex and we got the bed moved...we are like 95% done getting that place cleaned up, and I'm looking forward to getting that 1k security deposit

Nutrition

2,236 65.3 148.0 264.4

Training

HIIT, symmetry work, RCs, abs

HIIT
    5 minute warm up on arc w/handles resistance 41
    16 intervals on arc w/handles 15sec/45sec resistance 41/71
    7 intervals on stair climber 15sec/45sec speed 50/160
    10 minute cooldown on treadmill speed 3.0

Right Side Symmetry Work
    4 sets Machine Laterals higher reps, no failure
    4 sets Machine Presses higher reps, no failure
    4 sets Machine Lat Pulldown higher reps, no failure

3 sets Machine Crunches
    3 sets Weighted Ab Slider

4 sets external RC work
    4 sets internal RC work

Misc

doing my intervals outside tomorrow, 16 hardcore sprints, getting lean baby!
    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Friday April 17th Day 107

Woke up and went to vitamin shoppe and picked up some creatine mono and a b-complex which layne said might help my paleness and easy bruising, creatine was basically 84 servings worth for 10 bucks, sadly CL is low on green bulge so I had too I think this is the first time I've spent money on supplements in like a year. Got a hair cut, and then went to train some in home clients.
      After that I went over to CRC (Consumnes River College) the local JC, and did some SICK sprints and hill runs.
      Basically the soccer field is surrounded by this steep hill line to keep the ball in bounds, and I just went 80 meters or so away from the base, and charged it and ran up it and a bit on the top of it until I hit the 15 sec mark, and then walked briskly back to the start line at a speed to take 45 secs, and repeated...after 16 of these I was wheezing like an asthmatic, it was awesome!
      Bout to head over to the old duplex and mow the lawn for the last time there eva!

Nutrition

1,293 25.5 104.3 163.4 (2 meals left, end day target 65/150/265)

Training

HIIT

HIIT
      5 minute warm up: Sprint warm up drills, jog
      16 intervals: 15sec flat to hill sprint/45sec walk back
      10 minute cooldown: walked the track

Misc

190.2 this morning at this rate I'll be competing as lean if not leaner than 07 @10lbs heavier....can't be too mad about that even if I won't be totally shredded at the silver and black
      Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Saturday April 18th Day 108

Refeed today, got in a really good chest and back hyper session, and I'll be headed over to do the final cleaning touches on the old place later. In the right lighting some cross striations are happening in the quads, noticed that at the gym, and my hammies are peaking through...My energy levels have been LOW. Feeling zombieish a lot...luckily not in the gym though. Hunger isnt an issue which is nice, but getting through cardio has been tough.

Nutrition

working on 60/275/240

Training

Chest and Back Hypertrophy, warm ups excluded

Incline Bench
        185 x 4 x 8

Deloaded DB Rows
        120 x 10
        130 x 3 x 8

Flat DB Press SUPERSET Hammer Grip Chins (slow negatives)
        95's x 2 x 10, 2 x 8//BW x 12, 10, 10, 8

Dips (slow negatives, good stretch) SUPERSET Cable Rows
        BW x 12, 10, 10, 12//160 x 12, 12, 10, 10

Pec Deck (slow negative good stretch) SUPERSET HS Seated Shrugs
        120 x 8//3 plates/side x 12
        100 x 12//3 plates/side x 12
        80 x 2 x 12//3 plates/side x 2 x 12

Misc

pics up in a few!
        Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• 2 weeks out

Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Sunday April 19th Day 109

Gave over the old duplex to our old landlord today, what a weight off the shoulders, should be getting like 90% of our security deposit back which is nice (we left the carpet cleaning and waxing to him lol).
            Then I got in an intense, focused leg workout in with Aaron after knocking out my GPP. Squats were not as strong as normal, but **** man, I'm 2 weeks out! EVERYTHING else was money though, and my legs aint going nowhere so I aint scurred, I worked as hard as I possibly could (intelligently) given my body's current capabilities. Good stuff today.

Nutrition

1,299 28.7 104.9 155.4 (2 meals left, end day target 65/150/265)

Training

Legs and GPP, warm ups excluded

GPP 30 Mins:
            Single arm KB swings (12kg, 16kg)
            Double arm KB swings (12kg, 16kg)
            KB Snatches (18lbs, 20lbs, 12kg, 16kg)
            Plyo Box Jumps
            Mini Bleacher runs
            Mini Bleacher plyo jumps
            Spinning Stationary Bike

Squats
            315 x 5
            335 x 2 x 3
            315 x 5

Hamstring Hypers AKA Double Leg Titanics SUPERSET Walking DB Lunges
            50lbs x 10, 12, 12, 8//70's x 4 x 22 steps

Cybex Leg Press SUPERSET Single Leg Hamstring Curl
            6 plates/side x 3 x 15//70lbs x 14, 12, 10

Standing Calf Raises
            495lbs x 4 x 10

Anterior Tibialis Raises
            40lbs x 15 (both legs)
            40lbs x 10 (each leg single)

Misc

worked up quite a sweat on GPP, and then again on the lunges superset, and then again on the leg press superset, we were working!
            Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• I hope you start working on that tan soon.
              laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                I hope you start working on that tan soon.
                yeah that's what dream tan is for

Monday April 20th Day 110

Trained 4 clients today, a noon, a 1:30, a 2:15 and a 4:30. It was client appreciation day so we had some yogurt, whole wheat bagels, coffee and fruit out. We also had Innate Touch Massage at the studio giving free 10 minute massages...and I got hooked up before my 4:30...that was nice.
                Knocked out a real good Shoulders and Arms Hyper session, and Nick and Bill, two guys who are competing at the S&B, were there, we all BS'ed for a bit and realized that all being about the same height we were probably looking at the Open Tall class, so that was cool...and we all started sizing eachother up lol.
                After the shoulders and arms workout I had some downright grueling HIIT. It was really tough getting my speed and intensity up at first, barely breaking into the low 160's on my HR, and it felt HARD. I started telling myself things like "might have to just do LISS this week" or "lets switch to an easier machine"....and I told myself outloud "just shut the fuck up and do it", I think I freaked out the chick on the treadmill next to me....ah well....then I just focused on pumping my legs...and by the second to last interval I got my HR up to 184BPM highest I've EVER seen it. And the last interval was literally, no bs, all I could have possibly done that could have been called a "HIIT interval". If you'd put a gun to my head and told me to sprint or die...I would be dead. I beat the Arc Trainer tonight friends....it lost, I won....but I'm scared shitless about tomorrow because I have to do 7 more intervals than I did tonight lol.

Nutrition

1,778 52.3 129.0 198.1 (1 meal left, end day target 65/150/265)

Training

Shoulders and Arms Hypertrophy and HIIT, warm ups excluded

Seated DB Arnold Presses
                65's x 2 x 8
                60's x 2 x 8

Right Arm Forward DB Raise SUPERSET Rotary Shoulder Press
                25 x 4 x 12//4 sets 10-12 reps ea/I forget the weight

EZ Bar Upright Row SUPERSET DB Laterals
                110 x 12,10,8,6//30's x 12,10,8,6

Decline CGBP
                225 x 6
                185 x 3 x 8

DB Preacher Curls SUPERSET Seated Overhead DB Extension
                35 x 10//80 x 12
                35 x 8//80 x 10
                35 x 7//80 x 9
                30 x 10//80 x 8

Standing Alternating DB Curls SUPERSET Rope Pushdowns
                40's x 10//80 x 12
                40's x 9//80 x 10
                40's x 8//80 x 10
                30's x 12//80 x 8

HIIT: Arc Trainer w/handles
                5 minute warm up resistance 42
                16 intervals 15sec/45sec resistance 42/72
                15 minute cooldown on treadmill speed 3.0

Misc

probably sweated about a gallon today lol
                Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Tuesday April 21st Day 111

Had a couple clients cancel on me today, so I got in some posing practice in at work along with some much needed foam rolling and assisted stretching. I was feeling much less lethargic today, I dunno why, but I felt less foggy and less irritable.
                  HIIT went GREAT, HR was going up just like normal, and I got it to 180 again I got 20 intervals done on the arc at 71 resistance, new PR, and only had to go to the stair stepper for the last 3 intervals, and I jacked the speed on that machine up to 165. I was a mess after. BUT then I had a good chat will Bill, one of the guys I'm going to go up against (the guy who won masters and heavy class at the NGA show berto did last year) and we went over some posing together. It should be very interesting. He's got a really good x frame and great arms. But I have more detail than him up top, he's wider than me and has bigger arms, but my chest and back are thicker and more detailed than him. He also has smaller but leaner legs than me....so man...its gonna be a toss up...but if I can tighten up a little more before May 2nd I think I've got a decent chance.

Nutrition

1,798 47.4 129.2 213.9 (1 meal left, end day target 65/150/265)

Training

HIIT

HIIT: Arc Trainer w/handles
                  5 minute warm up resistance 41
                  20 intervals 15sec/45sec resistance 41/71
                  3 intervals 15 sec/45 sec speed 50/165 on stair stepper
                  15 minute cooldown on treadmill speed 3.0

Posing for 10mins

Misc

a little more quad separation and I think I'll have some of the top tier conditioning at this show, 30 mins LISS tomorrow, and another 39 intervals before peak week starts, it will be done!
                  Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Wednesday April 22nd Day 112

Today was the day I was born folks! I am now 26. Woot.
                    Welp, I'm not celebrating my b-day until May 2nd after the show (and hell, at the show too ) so I got a few cards, some flowers from the folks at work, and a phone call from my mom, my cousin and an e-card from my step mom...so that was nice, but no cake or get together.
                    Only trained a single client today, so I had some time to go over my posing routine at work....I've got the basic structure down, its gonna be sick.
                    Had my last heavy upper power day, and then knocked out 30 mins LISS afterwards. Had some really good convo with Bill, he's a good guy. Its gonna be fun competing with him. And I do plan on beating him, and he does plan on beating me, but its cool...so I like the camraderie and mutual respect.

Nutrition

2,158 44.3 228.9 212.7 (1 meal left, end day target 60/275/240)

Training

Upper Power and LISS, warm ups excluded

Flat DB Press
                    110's x 5 x 5

Backwards Close Grip Lat Pulldowns (individual d handles) aka charles glass pulldowns
                    220 x 5 x 5

DB Shoulder Press
                    80's x 5 x 5

TRI SET:
                    Barbell Curls//HS Incline Press//Seated Cable Row
                    110 x 3 x 8//2 plates/side x 3 x 8//200 x 3 x 8

LISS: 30 minutes on treadmill, incline 9 speed 3.6

Misc

I was happy with my strength pretty much holding up today, everything was shy of failure and my pressing is holding up...looks like my training strategy so far is workin...we'll see as I get further into prep for the next shows.
                    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Thursday April 23rd Day 113

First day of pre-peak week carb depletion, macros are lower, training is the same. Water is up, sodium is up, carbs and fat are down fun fun!

Nutrition

1,949 43.5 124.6 264.8

Training

HIIT, RCs, Abs, Assymetry work

HIIT: Arc
                      23 intervals 15sec/45sec resistance 41/71
                      15 minute cooldown treadmill speed 3.0

Abs 6 sets

Right Delt 4 sets

Right Lat 3 sets

RCs 4 internal, 4 external

Misc

Less calories, yet I FINALLY got all 23 intervals on the arc, fuck yeah!
                      Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Friday April 24th Day 114

2nd day of 45g of fat and 125g of carbs. Woke up, at my first meal, and headed to the gym. HIIT was NOT working today lol, just couldnt get my speed and intensity up....apparently yesterday's HIIT session was assisted by the day before having a refeed....today I was working on 25g of carbs and yesterday I was only on 125....so I did what I could do...but man it was just not happening today...so I did 6 on the arc, felt like I was wasting my time and then I decided to get on the stair mill where it MAKES me go a certain speed. And then after I kicked up the incline and speed on my cooldown, and instead of just training my client, I actually did some of the workout with her...then I felt better about the HIIT.
                        I've got this great client, a Doctor specializing in Physiatry, basically a Physical Therapist and a Doctor combined, whom I've been working with over a year, she's in great shape, mid 40's and has decided she wants to get into competitive bodybuilding! SO she's decided to sign up at powerhouse and I'm showing her the ropes. We talked nutrition, cardio, training, posing and the mental game today, and I took her through a lower body hypertrophy workout. Squats, RDLs, Walking DB Lunges, Single Leg ham curls, calves, and some anterior tibs. I did light weight on everything but I did it all. Felt much better about the lackluster HIIT after that lol.

Nutrition

1,945 45.0 123.1 262.9

Training

HIIT, pump up legs w/client, posing

HIIT: Arc
                        6 intervals 15sec/45sec resistance 41/71
                        11 intervals stairmill 15sec/45sec speed 10/20
                        15 minute cooldown treadmill speed 3.3 Incline 2.5

then that "workout" and posing, and I got a tanning sesh in

Misc

carbs up to 170 tomorrow, and I'm gonna do my 20 intervals on the hill at the college
                        Oh and drinking 2 gallons of water every day....pain the ass lol.
                        Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Sunday April 26th Day 116

Woke up HARD today, definitely flat, but very hard. All though that ended very quickly after HIIT, and posing practice lol. Then I was soft and flat and in general beat to hell lol.
                          Woke up, knocked down my 34g carb meal and some chicken and cheese, and headed off to do my HIIT while Aaron and Todd destroyed a leg day, Todd hit a huge 450 on deads, just him and the iron, nothing else....flippin awesome to watch. Then Aaron and Todd supersetted lunges with extensions....PAIN, proud of both of them, they were killing it! I watched this all go down as I did foam rolling and stretching, and posing practice, and I also grabbed a quick tan.

Nutrition

working on 50/170/250

Training

HIIT

HIIT: Arc and Stair Mill
                          5 minute warm up Arc resistance 41
                          10 intervals 15 sec/45 sec resistance 41/71 hammies were on fire from yesterday!
                          10 intervals on stair mill 15 sec/45 sec speed 10/20 quads and calves were on fire from yesterday!
                          15 minute cooldown on treadmill speed 3.2 incline 2.5

Posing Practice, Foam Rolling & Stretching, Tanning

Misc

man, again, after a brutal day of HIIT yesterday I did the best I could today, and made up for any lack of kcals burned with a good session of posing, held every pose for 30 seconds, symmetry and muscularity round, after HIIT it was pretty hard.
                          Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• 1 week out

Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Gotta laugh, your taking pics in your panties but you still have your socks and shoes on.

Other than that, looking !
                              laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                                Gotta laugh, your taking pics in your panties but you still have your socks and shoes on.

Other than that, looking !
                                yeah I was at my workout partners place w/o trunks...and I felt a little less gay with my hat, socks and shoes on LOL

Monday April 27th Day 117

Highest carb day before the show today, highest fat too, its been nice I actually felt pretty satiated after my workout, I had a shit ton of better n peanut butter, a chicken breast and some baked chips. Very satisfying...so that's a sensation I haven't had in a while lol.
                                On the way to work today I got a call from my coworker who was stuck in Santa Barbara his car broke down, and he needed me to cover his PM clients, so I just did my cardio and workout with todd at work. I was there from 11:45-10:15, luckily I had my peaking plan and food with me and my scale and all...it worked out perfect.

Nutrition

working on 55/300/225

Training

Afternoon:
                                40 minutes MISS
                                15 minutes Elliptical resistance 17 HR 140-145
                                15 mintues Treadmill incline 4.5 speed 4.2 HR 120-125
                                10 minutes Elliptical resistance 16 HR 140-145

Evening:
                                Peaking Legs

Front Squats
                                185 x 3 x 8
                                SLDLs
                                185 x 3 x 8
                                Walking Lunges
                                45's x 3 x 12 steps/leg
                                Kettlebell Swings SUPERSET Stability Ball Leg Curls
                                16kg x 3 x 20//3 x 20
                                Smith Machine Calf Raises
                                2 plates/side x 3 x 15

Misc

worked out shirtless because I didn't want to jack up my work shirt with all my sweatiness...and because I look awesome right now
                                I have to say I look pretty good with a pump...and I was doing legs! Just lugging the weights around, holding onto the bar for SLs, and fronts, and lunges had me looking pretty sick.
                                Legs were looking...I dunno...either spilled over or soft today, couldnt tell...but not so good of separation....granted I did 40 mintues cardio and a leg workout...but I was hard up top.
                                Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

Working...
                                X