X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
    **giggles** If only it were that easy.
    hmmm....so you think....garlic and a cross maybe ?

Friday March 27th Day 86

It was a beutiful day in sacramento today, so I decided to do my HIIT outside. The distance of my backyard fence to fence is about 40-60m or so and it takes me exactly 5 seconds to sprint from end to end, and almost exactly 45 seconds to walk the fence line back to where I started, so I did intervals of 3 sprints between the fences and one walk back, really got the heart going and I was breathing hard, good stuff.
    Trained 3 clients today also....good day.

Nutrition

2,370 61.0 193.6 265.0

Training

HIIT
    5 minutes warm up drills, high knees, light job, hurdler kicks etc
    16 intervals 15 second sprint 45 second walk
    10 minutes cooldown, fast paced walk and stretching

Misc

hope the weather stays this nice!

Saturday March 28th Day 87

Another absolutely gorgeous day in norcal ladies and gents...Had a great chest and back workout with todd around 10am, worked on setting up our comcast at the new house, and then Barb and I took a walk at the local park. I've been enjoying my refeed day today, and in about 45 minutes we'll be heading over to a family support group we've got planned to talk about and process whatever is going on in our lives. Gonna be a great day, already is so far

Nutrition

1,323 24.3 169.9 106.3 (3 meals left, end day target: 60/320/240)

Training

Chest and Back, warm ups excluded

Barbell Rows
    315 x 10, 8, 7

Bench Press
    235 x 3 x 8

Incline DB Press SUPERSET Bi-Angular Lat Pulldown Machine
    80's x 3 x 10//187.5lbs x 3 x 10

Dips (deep stretch slow negative) SUPERSET Cable Rows
    BW x 3 x 12//162.5lbs x 3 x 12

FreeMotion Cordova Lat Pushdown SUPERSET FreeMotion Flys
    30lbs x 12//30lbs x 12
    27.5lbs x 12//27.5lbs x 12
    25lbs x 2 x 12//25lbs x 2 x 12

Misc

my hand is healing up nicely, I was able to do the incline db press and just shift the weight off the injured part pretty well, went lighter, didn't want to push it, but that's encouraging, hopefully it won't take too much longer to be 100%
    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Sunday March 29th Day 88

Loving the weather, the trees are nice and green and I don't know if you guys know this, but sacramento has more trees per square mile than any other metropolitan city in california, I LOVE this time of year.
      AWESOME leg workout today, I was planning to go in and just hit some deads, since last time I did them I maxed out on a triple with 455, I figured I'd reset them...but I forgot todd was maxing on squats today...so I said fuck it, lets do some squats too lol...nothing crazy, I decided to do front squats for the first time in 4 months since I tweaked my back letting my shoulders dip forward, so I decided to do some moderate weight for volume. Then the deads, then supersetting DB lunges with hamstring hypers...it got nasty! Pics will be up tonight too
      Nutrition

1,079 18.3 114.9 113.2 (3 meals left, end day target: 65/195/265)

Training

Legs and LISS, warm ups excluded

Front Squats
      185 x 3 x 12

Sumo Deadlifts
      385 x 3 x 8

Walking DB Lunges SUPERSET Hamstring Hyperextensions
      50's x 22 steps(total)//BW x 12
      50's x 24 steps(total)//BW x 12
      50's x 26 steps(total)//BW x 12

Seated Angled Calf Raise Machine
      220lbs x 20
      240lbs x 15
      260lbs x 12
      280lbs x 10
      300lbs x 8

25 minutes LISS on Bike, HR 115-125

Misc

deadlifts were TOUGH on the last set, front squats were harder than expected, but each set got easier, getting readapted, lunges were suprisingly not bad AT ALL, I swear to god I could kill a 5k right now lol, and I'm loving the hamstring hyperextensions.
      Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• The weather has been soo nice out here. Gotta love sunny California!!
        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
          The weather has been soo nice out here. Gotta love sunny California!!
          Yup, and you know what that means, HIIT outside!

Monday March 30th Day 89

I am in love with powerhouse...I was paying $98/month for membership to MOST of the local cal fits for both me and barb with tanning....now I'm paying $45/month for ALL of the local powerhouses with tanning. And they have tires, chains, glute ham raise, dumbells up to 170's, olymic plates and platform, a yoke, strongman stones kegs and shoulder press implements, multiple squat racks and cages and in general everything I could possibly want out of a gym.
          We had our first workout there tonight and we killed some delts and arms

Nutrition

2,351 62.5 184.3 264.7

Training

Shoulder and Arms, warm ups excluded

Seated DB Press
          70's x 2 x 10
          70's x 8
          60's x 8

Right Arm DB Front Raise SUPERSET DB Lateral Raises
          30 x 10//40's x 10
          30 x 8//35's x 10
          25 x 10//30's x 10
          20 x 8

Shoulder Press Machine SUPERSET 1 arm DB Rear Delt Row
          130 x 12//45's x 12
          115 x 12//45's x 12
          100 x 12//45's x 12

Decline Close Grip Bench Press w/2 resistance bands
          185 x 3 x 8

Double Arm DB Hammer Curl SUPERSET Tricep Pushdown
          55's x 8//180 x 10
          55's x 8//170 x 12
          55's x 8//160 x 12

Seated Overhead DB Tricep Extension SUPERSET Incline DB Curls
          85lbs x 8//30's x 12
          80lbs x 10//25's x 12
          75lbs x 12//20's x 12

Misc

got a decent pump, and felt okay with the slight bump in volume, will keep these volume bumps slight and steady til sometime in september I'm near (80% or so) of what my offseason plans are like.
          Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Tuesday March 31st Day 90

Things are coming together in the new house, we got our internet set up, trash, recycling, green waste set up, pg&e, we bought a new door and a security door to be installed pretty soon and we just bought some lamps and a couch, our old futon is gonna become the guest room futon, and we're gonna go to my dad's this weekend and pick up my old dresser and a few desks that aren't getting used since my dad passed. We need to buy some chairs and maybe a bean bag chair and then we should be set!
            Basically had two chunks of clients at work today, before work I was setting up the internet, in between we got the couch and lamps, after work I did my hiit...and holy shit it was BRUTAL...3 times from interval 15 on I nearly got off and finished on an easier machine...and 3 times I told myself, "just finish one more and maybe then we'll go to another machine" after the third time telling myself that I had done the 20th interval and then I told myself, "come on just three more" fucking hard....after I'm done logging we'll be taking over the couch and some boxes to the house

Nutrition

1,916 45.3 157.8 220.8 (1 meal left, end day target: 65/185/265)

Training

HIIT
            5 minute warm up arc trainer resistance 36
            23 intervals 15sec/45sec resistance 36/66
            10 minute cooldown on treadmill speed 3.0

Misc

getting shredded, interval by interval.
            Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Wednesday April 1st Day 91

Had a staff meeting at work today and talked about goal planning, trained 2 clients and spent some time working on assesment write ups, programs for clients, and a nutrition plan, then headed in. Wednesdays are my light days at work.
              Made a concious effort today to eat more oatmeal today, because I'm starting to dislike my refeeds because they are the only day I get hungry...lol...if I have a bowl of cheerios in the morning, and then baked chips for my carb sources throughout the day I get pretty cranky...but today I've had 2.5 servings of oatmeal and I'm good to go, no cravings, so I'm gonna stay on top of that.
              Killer upper body day today, got to do 120's on chest press for the first time in a LOONG time, did dumbell rows with 150 and 130 w/o having to stack, and did db shrugs in an actual bodybuilding rep range because I didn't have to use the 100's, did heavy donkey calf raises, and I did anterior tib raises, I LOVE POWERHOUSE!
              On the pressing I had a bit of trouble with the kick up because of my hand but its healing up.

Nutrition

2,247 50.7 261.7 191.1 (1 meal left, end day target: 60/310/240)

Training

Upper Power and Calves warm ups excluded

DB Chest Press
              120's x 5 equal to old PR but I haven't done this in like 1.5 years!
              110's x 3 x 6

DB Rows
              150lbs x 2 x 6
              130lbs x 2 x 6 deload each rep

Seated Barbell Military Press
              135 x 4 x 6

TRI-SET
              Dumbell Shrugs//Incline DB Press//Lat Pulldowns
              150's x 8//90's x 6//200 x 8
              160's x 8//85's x 8//210 x 8
              160's x 8//80's x 10//220 x 8

Donkey Calf Raise Machine (love how heavy this goes!)
              340 x 15
              480 x 10
              480 x 3 x 8

Anterior Tibialis machine
              25lbs/side x 20, 14, 8

Misc

Its probably a good thing I've got layne, because with my current conditioning and being 4.5 weeks out, I'd be dropping my carbs by 50g on all days, fat by 20g on all days and doing LISS on all the days I'm not currently doing cardio lol.
              Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Friday April 3rd Day 93

Knocked out some HIIT after a great yoga session with Barb, then headed out and trained some in home clients, and just hit my macros, pretty chill day.

Nutrition

2,295 62.9 175.0 260.7

Training

HIIT, Yoga

HIIT
                5 minute warm up on stairmill, speed 10
                16 intervals 15sec/45sec speed 20/10

Yoga 1 hour

Misc

barely used the hand rails on the sprints, much harder.

Saturday April 4th Day 94

Drove down to oakland to my dad and step mom's house and loaded up 2 desks and my old dresser into my wife's truck and took my dad's old car off of my step mom's hands. Were gonna sell it for her, and the furniture is perfect for our new house. WNBF Pro and close friend of mine Alberto Nunez (Father Flex) helped us with the move and drove back to Sacramento, where we met up with my workout partner and good friend todd (toddbz) who brought his A Team van and we moved probably half our place into the new home. Then we hit up a kick ass workout at 24 hour fitness, we got to Powerhouse too late
                Alberto is staying the night, and were gonna try to finish up moving after a 10am leg session in which my client/friend aaron (themills) will be meeting up with us, gonna be another awesome day tomorrow!
                Today was a refeed, and an all time low on the weigh in: 191.8

Nutrition

2,621 60.4 299.6 235.0

Training

Chest and Back Hypertrophy, warm ups excluded

Incline Bench
                185 x 10
                185 x 2 x 8
                185 x 9

Pendalay Rows
                205 x 4 x 8

Flat Bench SUPERSET Close Grip Pulldown
                225 x 2 x 8//210 x 2 x 8
                225 x 7//210 x 7
                205 x 8//195 x 8

Hammer Strength Decline Press SUPERSET Hammer Strength High Iso Row
                150lbs/side x 8//160lbs/side x 8
                125lbs/side x 10//135lbs/side x 10
                115lbs/side x 12//115lbs/side x 12
                90lbs/side x 15//90lbs/side x 15

DB Flys SUPERSET FreeMotion Cordova Lat Pushdowns
                40's x 12//30lbs/side x 12
                37.5's x 12//25lbs/side x 12
                35's x 12//22.5lbs/side x 12
                32.5's x 12//20lbs/side x 12

Misc

GREAT workout, and our first night in the new home!
                Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Sunday April 5th Day 95

Moving Moving Moving. Today we woke up, killed an awesome lower body workout at powerhouse with all four of us...awesome, and then spent literally the whole day (yeah I've still got more to do) moving.
                  Did KB work and overhead body bar squats and plyos for cardio, SO much better than walking fast on an incline lol.

Nutrition

2,327 63.9 174.9 263.1

Training

Legs and GPP (cardio) , warm ups excluded

Suspended back squats
                  315 x 5 x 5

Hack Squats
                  5 plates/side x 4 x 3

GHR Bench
                  BW x 10
                  35lbs x 2 x 8
                  25lbs x 2 x 10

Reverse Hyper Bench
                  25lbs/side x 8
                  35lbs/side x 8
                  45lbs/side x 8
                  55lbs/side x 8
                  60lbs/side x 8

Cybex Leg Press SUPERSET Seated Angled Calf Raise
                  5 plates/side x 10//180 x 12
                  6 plates/side x 10//195 x 10
                  7 plates/side x 6//210 x 10
                  225 x 8

GPP (cardio)
                  set my alarm for 30 minutes, took a breather between each set, and each exercise, worked up a sweat but didn't let it turn into high intensity.
                  went through
                  Double arm KB Swings downard pyramid: 35lbs, 26lbs, 20lbs, 18lbs
                  Overhead Squats with bodybar (weighs like 5lbs)
                  Plyo Jump squats three tiered stairs (2.5 feet or so)

25 reps per KB, 25 overheads, 5 sets of up the tiers on plyos
                  20 "", 20 "", 4""
                  15"", 15"", 3""
                  then I did snatches with the 35 and the 26 and a few turkish get ups with the 26lber and the timer went off.

Misc

I am toasted...we moved a lot of shit, and all that lifting plus the KB extravaganza was AWESOME
                  Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Tuesday April 7th Day 97

Trained 6 clients today, and spent a big chunk of time at work writing up diets and workout plans for clients, I've been getting a little more no nonsense with clients lol...I do my best during contest prep to keep it level, because I know not everyone has the same goals or proportionate motivation levels...but when I hear people make excuses it takes me a second to keep my smiley face on lol. ANYWHO!
                    I friggin killed it in the gym today...They have 1 arc trainer at powerhouse, and its a little different, it has moving handles, the one i'm used to does not, but this one was good variation, and I think the resistance isn't as brutal, but I don't know I had my arms to assist.
                    This was definitely, hands down, the best HIIT session I've had that I've actually gotten through...I've had one harder one....but I died halfway through it and the last intervals were weak, and I sprained my lungs....todd you remember that one...this one was different, I went to the max and didn't have to slow down it was great...burned 632 calories in a 5 min warm up and 23 intervals.

Nutrition

1,837 51.1 136.7 207.50 (1 meal left, end day target: 65/155/265)

Training

HIIT

HIIT
                    Cybex Arc Trainer w/moving handles
                    5 minute warm up resistance 40
                    23 intervals 15sec/45sec speed 40/70

Misc

I want that axe.
                    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Wednesday April 8th Day 98

Today might as well have been corrective exercise day at work. I trained my powerlifting protege who on his 5th set of a 5x5 with 295 last weak rounded his back and threw it out....he's having fun (not really) now doing pretty much an upper body only hypertrophy split...serves him right for lifting witha rounded back lol...no but seriously I hope he's better soon. Also had a client call in as a no show because her knee that she jacked up doing some yard work really flared up. So I wrote a few modified programs for both of them, and I also wrote up some Self Myofascial release instructions for a client with some really tight hips who I'll be seeing next tuesday.
                      Managed to enjoy my refeed today....did that by having oats three out of my five meals lol....those things keep me from getting hungry.
                      Got a really good upper power workout in, I am FIGHTING to keep my pushing strength, but I will hold the line!

Nutrition

2,061 39.4 240.7 189.4 (1 meal left, end day target: 60/280/240)

Training

Upper Power, Calves, warm ups excluded

Seated DB Shoulder Press
                      85's x 4
                      80's x 2 x 5
                      75's x 2 x 5

Hammer Strength Underhand Grip Row
                      3 plates+25/side x 5
                      3 plates+10/side x 3 x 6

Bench Press
                      255 x 4
                      245 x 4 x 5

TRI SET
                      Lat Pulldowns//Decline CGBP//Seated Alternating DB Curls
                      200 x 8//225 x 7//55's x 6
                      210 x 7//205 x 7//50's x 6
                      210 x 6//205 x 7//45's x 6
                      210 x 5//205 x 6//40's x 6

Seated Angled Calf Raise
                      210 x 12, 10, 8, 6

Misc

Got my trunks today, black flex cut, looks really good on my physique, shexy pics coming this weekend
                      Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Thursday April 9th Day 99

Trained 6 clients at work today, longer day at work, grabbed some more boxes and shit from the old duplex and moved them over to the new house.
                        Then it was off to do hiit, symmetry work, abs and rotator cuff prehab. The Arc Trainer w/handles and I faced off again tonight, this time I was not as victorious as the night prior lol.
                        I clicked up the resistance one measely point, and the thing at interval 18 beat me...I literally could not do another interval on it (at least not one that would be considered HIIT), but it wasn't wasted, I got my HR the highest I've ever seen it, and the 18 intervals I got in on it were brutal, and did their job...and of course, right after interval 18, I started counting to 45 in my head, stumbled over to the stair stepper panting and did the best I could for another 5 on it, puddling sweat and gasping for air...then I stumbled over to the treadmill and for the first 2 minutes of my 10 minute cooldown I couldnt speak...just had to lay my head on the console and gasp....fucking hard work tonight. Aaron can attest to this he showed up I think as I got on the treadmill. Then it was all downhill comparatively.

Nutrition

2,236 63.5 154.1 263.4

Training

HIIT, symmetry work, RC prehab, abs

HIIT
                        5 minute warm up resistance 41 on Arc Trainer w/handles
                        18 intervals 15sec/45sec resistance 41/71 on Arc Trainer w/handles
                        5 intervals 15sec/45sec speed 45/150 on Tetrix Stair Stepper

Ab Crunch Machine
                        3 x 8

Ab Coaster
                        3 x 8

TRI SET
                        R arm HS Iso Row//R arm DB Front Raise//R arm DB Lateral Raise
                        3 x 12/3 x 12/3 x 12

4 sets Internal and External RC each

Stretching, and posing

Misc

I was doing all my front and side poses in the mirror, and I have to say things are coming together, chest striations are more apparent delt cuts coming in more, arms more separated and vascular, and legs are still slowly coming along.
                        Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Saturday April 11th Day 101

Busy day today, had a family going away party for my cousin who is going back to NY, brunch deal, so I brought my oats and turkey over there and ate with everybody, good thing today was a refeed. Hit up the gym solo for a great chest and back hyphy day, and then went to my cousins dance performance (her last in Cali) which was at 7pm, I was driving all over the damn place, party in folsom, gym in rancho cordova, my house in south sac, and the performance in davis...

Nutrition

2,566 55.3 274.6 235.3

Training

Chest and Back Hypertrophy warm ups excluded

Incline DB Chest Press
                          100's x 8 woot!
                          90's x 2 x 10
                          85's x 8

Hammer Strength Row
                          3 plates/side x 2 x 8 (one set underhand, one over)
                          2 plates+25/side x 2 x 10 (one set underhand, one over)

Decline Bench SUPERSET Lat Pulldowns
                          225 x 8//200 x 8
                          205 x 10//190 x 10
                          205 x 10//190 x 8
                          205 x 8//180 x 10

Dips SUPERSET DB Pullovers (partial rom, didn't come all the way over chest)
                          BW x 15//70 x 12
                          BW x 12//60 x 12
                          BW x 12//50 x 15

Cable Crossovers SUPERSET Cable Lat Pushdown
                          80/side x 15/130 x 15
                          70/side x 15/120 x 15
                          60/side x 15/110 x 15

Misc

Very pleased to be able to still get hypertrophy reps with the 100's on incline and stay a rep shy of failure, pushing strength is holding the line, actually that's more reps than I got last time with the hundos on incline, also avoided free weights for my back and totally smashing my back in general because tomorrow I'm deadlifting with 2 WNBF pros, Brad Loomis and Alberto Nunez, and my manimal workout partners todd and aaron, sadly nick couldnt join, but soon we'll come to him!....CALI CREW FTW!
                          Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• flattest and palest yet!!!

Eric Helms AKA "the bleached pancake"
                            Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Monday April 13th Day 103

Trained 4 clients today, cleaned up the studio a bit, sent off my entry form for the silver and black.....SHIT JUST GOT REAL!
                              And had a sick shoulders and arms hypertrophy workout and some brutal HIIT afterwards. Todd got his shoulder working again and kicked off a major PR fest today, it was awesome.
                              Arms are definitely coming in, so that's cool.

Nutrition

2,185 61.3 147.9 260.3

Training

Shoulders and Arms Hypertrophy, HIIT warm ups excluded

Seated DB Press
                              70's x 10
                              70's x 9
                              70's x 8
                              60's x 11

Right Arm Arnold Press SUPERSET Seated DB Laterals
                              50 x 3 x 12, 10, 8, 6//30's x 12, 10, 8, 6

Cable Single Arm Lateral Raise SUPERSET Seated Cable Rear Delt Row
                              40 x 15//140 x 15
                              40 x 12//140 x 12
                              30 x 12//130 x 12

Close Grip Bench Press
                              225 x 6
                              205 x 7
                              185 x 10
                              185 x 8

Incline DB Curls SUPERSET Decline DB Skulls
                              40's x 2 x 8//30's x 2 x 10
                              35's x 2 x 8//30's x 2 x 8

Cable Curls SUPERSET Cable Tricep Pushdowns
                              120 x 15//160 x 13
                              110 x 15//140 x 15
                              100 x 15//130 x 15

HIIT on Arc Trainer w/moving handles
                              5 minute warm up Resistance 42
                              16 intervals 15sec/45sec Resistance 42/72
                              10 minute Cooldown on Treadmill speed 3.0

Misc

I really kicked ass on HIIT tonight, made 16 intervals as hard as possible...this arc with handles is the one machine that is harder than any other, and I'm going to use it for every session I have until May 2nd unless it starts getting easy.
                              Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Monday April 13th Day 103

Trained 5 clients today, and I had a few comment on how quiet and tired I was lol, its funny, I'm not starving or feeling like I'm dying, but I definitely feel like my body is running on "economy mode".
                                I'm starting to get a little irritable and I get stressed by things a little faster, so I'm doing the best I can to make sure my censor is working properly so I don't jump all over a client prematurely or piss off my wife lol....but hell I've got to give myself a little slack too...I've had some shit going on in my life right now to say the least and I have to remind myself that I may not be mentally firing on all cylinders.
                                Nontheless, I killed me some HIIT today

Nutrition

2,210 63.5 149.4 260.5

Training

HIIT
                                5 minute warm up on arc trainer w/moving handles resistance 41
                                19 intervals on arc trainer w/moving handles 15sec/45sec resistance 41/71
                                4 intervals on tetrix stair stepper 15sec/45sec resistance 50/155

Misc

last time I was only able to 18 intervals on the arc with this resistance...when i had done about 14 I thought, "i can't go on" but I told myself there was no option except to move forward....so I told myself just get 19, that's a pr, and then when you get on the stair stepper bump the speed up a notch, you can do this!
                                And I did
                                Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

Working...
                                X