• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout #15

ME Bench

Exercise Training Log
    1. Bench Warm up/Mid Pin Press [ 4 Sets ]
    15x45 | 10x135 | 5x185 | 5x225 | 3x275 | 3x315 |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Mid Pin Press [ 5 Sets ]
    3x365 | 3x405 | 3x455 | 3x495 | 3x535 | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. CG Decline bench [ 4 Sets ]
    5x275 | 5x275 | 5x315 | 3x365 | - | - |
    Exercise Training Log (ETL System Beta) - Provided by Hybrid-X
    Sign-up for email alerts of supplement testing & contest opportunities!

Internet was down last night so I was unable to post.

Today (7-3-06) had the makings of being one of the best workouts I have had in a long time. My strength was through the roof and energy was dynamite. That was until I got a support call from work after my second set of Declines. So needless to say I was pretty ticked off and ready to go off on some people, good thing it was a 20 minute drive for me to get home and call the people back. I was eally disapointed in having to leave and not finish my workout as I would hav eput up some really good numbers today.
    Last edited by ddawg91; 07-05-2006, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Workout #16

Light Back/Bis

Exercise Training Log
      1. Bench Supported Rows [ 4 Sets ]
      10x95 | 8x145 | 8x175 | 8x195 | - | - |
      2. Wide Pull Downs [ 4 Sets ]
      10x10 | 8x12 | 8x15 | 8x17 | - | - |
      3. BB Curls [ 4 Sets ]
      10x45 | 8x75 | 8x96 | 8x125 | - | - |
      4. Seated Rows [ 4 Sets ]
      10x11 | 8x14 | 8x16 | 8x18 | - | - |
      5. Shrugs [ 4 Sets ]
      8x225 | 8x315 | 8x365 | 8x405 | - | - |

Another great workout in the beginning but I was pushing myself too hard and not enough rest so I got real tired at the end. I was trying to fit today’s and what was left of yesterday’s workouts into one but did not make it. I did not even finish today’s. Energy was really good considering all I had for food was a protein shake minus carbs preworkout. Besides running out of energy I felt really good.

Cardio

Today I did some sets or pool runs for cardio. I would run around the inside perimeter of my pool (16’ above ground 3’ deep) for 5 laps and then switch directions and do 1-2 laps against the current. This is a lot harder then it sounds. When you switch directions the current you create almost stops you and takes quite a bit to get going again. I did 5 sets of this and was dead. My foot was really bothering me after the running but this is due to not having my shoes on with my special orthodics in.

Comment

How the Westside routine setup? Kinda looks interesting. Any good links that I can read up on it or see it broken down a bit more?
        + =

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
          How the Westside routine setup? Kinda looks interesting. Any good links that I can read up on it or see it broken down a bit more?
          I love Elite FTS (www.elietefts.com) they have tons of articles and a great Q&A. They also offer seminars tons of other stuff. Also Louie has the Westside Site but Elite Fts has more.

Mine is modified some to also fit in some other stuff for BBing. I not only like to build my strength but I also want to look good.

Here are the articles I would start off with first:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=264eight2

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=265eight2

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=266eight2

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=267eight2

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....le=body_129per

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....le=body_133per

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
            I love Elite FTS (www.elietefts.com) they have tons of articles and a great Q&A. They also offer seminars tons of other stuff. Also Louie has the Westside Site but Elite Fts has more.

Mine is modified some to also fit in some other stuff for BBing. I not only like to build my strength but I also want to look good.

Here are the articles I would start off with first:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=264eight2

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=265eight2

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=266eight2

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=267eight2

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....le=body_129per

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....le=body_133per

Whoa!
            + =

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
              Whoa!
              LOL, I was just going to post a couple but remembered the other ones and how good they are. Sorry!

Comment

Workout #16

Legs

Exercise Training Log
                1. Warmup Leg Extensions [ 2 Sets ]
                20x6 | 20x6 | - | - | - | - |
                2. Squat Machine [ 6 Sets ]
                10x135 | 5x275 | 5x475 | 5x675 | 5x855 | 5x1035 |
                3. Leg Press [ 4 Sets ]
                8x600 | 8x600 | 8x600 | 8x600 | - | - |
                4. Leg Curls [ 3 Sets ]
                8x10 | 8x11 | 8x12 | - | - | - |
                5. SLDL [ 4 Sets ]
                8x135 | 8x185 | 8x185 | 6x185 | - | - |

Felt like crap al day today, just did not have any energy. I downed 2 energy drinks, one in the AM and one in the afternoon just to wake up (need to buy some caffeine pills). Once I started taking my preworkout supps I started to get amped for leg day.

Hit the gym on a mission to destroy a PR and my legs at the same time. It was really hot in the gym again today (ac was having problems) so was prepared to drink a lot of water. Started to do the machine squats and the weight was feeling really light and easy to bust out the reps. Would have done more sets if I did not use the 100 Lb plates but this made it easier to get to the weight I wanted to. The ehat was really starting to get to me and was sweating a lot but was still pumped up and focused. Then I hit my PR with 1035 for 5 on the squat machine, felt pretty good and maybe could have squeezed out a rep or 2 more but oh well. I was really happy with this. Next came leg presses, I planned on hitting them heavy too until I did my first set and realized that I was not going very heavy today on these. So I did speed sets, I would do 8 reps then pause for 30 seconds and then do 8 more for a total of 4 sets. If there was any blood not in my legs at this point, it was there now. Leg curls and SLDLs were a chore but I made it through.

Cardio/GPP

I am counting carrying the 100 Lb plates as GPP, I did reps of 6 for 2 sets carrying each one about 15-20 feet. This was a bear after my heavy machine squats but I made it.

Comment

Workout #17

DE Bench

Exercise Training Log
                  1. Flat Bench [ 6 Sets ]
                  15x45 | 10x135 | 10x225 | 10x275 | 10x315 | 10x335 |
                  2. CG Smith Incline [ 4 Sets ]
                  8x185 | 8x225 | 8x275 | 8x305 | - | - |
                  3. JM Press [ 4 Sets ]
                  8x135 | 8x225 | 8x255 | 8x255 | - | - |
                  4. Standing Cable Flyes [ 3 Sets ]
                  12x35 | 12x40 | 12x45 | - | - | - |
                  5. Cbl Side Laterals [ 3 Sets ]
                  12x20 | 12x30 | 12x40 | - | - | - |
                  6. Plate Front Raises [ 3 Sets ]
                  12x45 | 12x45 | 12x45 | - | - | - |

Another great workout and starting to have more energy during the day, I am going to reevaluate my diet and see if I am still taking in enough calories and adjust accordingly. This weekend will be for really dialing it all in and getting it put down on paper.

Really worked on explosiveness today for all exercises except flies and lateral movements, I also seemed to have more speed strength today than past workouts and that is great. I will actually be starting speed bench with bands next week and also incorporating bands more into my pressing movements for added resistance. I am really looking forward to this for floor presses, JM presses, DB extensions and others. Bands really add that extra power needed and you get great pumps out of them too. I have not tried to use bands on dips but may find a way to incorporate them in.

Energy, focus, and recovery between sets was top notch as always, I did not drink as much water as normal today and could tell a little bit. My legs are getting really sore from Wednesday’s workout and can only imagine what tomorrow will bring. I am going on a road trip and will be sitting in the car for 3+ hours so when I get out I will be really sore and stiff!

Comment

Workout #18

Exercise Training Log
                    1. Warmup Bench [ 3 Sets ]
                    15x45 | 10x135 | 5x225 | - | - | - |
                    2. Lo Pin Press [ 6 Sets ]
                    3x225 | 3x275 | 3x315 | 3x365 | 3x395 | 3x405 |
                    3. Smith CG Inc [ 4 Sets ]
                    5x225 | 5x275 | 5x315 | 5x365 | - | - |
                    4. Inc Cbl Fly [ 3 Sets ]
                    12x30 | 12x35 | 12x40 | - | - | - |
                    5. Flat EO DB Ext [ 4 Sets ]
                    5x80 | 5x100 | 5x120 | 5x120 | - | - |
                    6. Weighted Dips [ 4 Sets ]
                    BWx15 | 45x10 | 90x10 | 90x8 | - | - |

Felt pretty good today even though I got very poor sleep last night and had some bad dreams to boot. It was hard getting back on my diet after 4 days of being on vacation and eating like crap but I did make it through the day. But was craving some of the foods I had!

Started with lo pin presses (approx equal to a 2 board) and got to about 315 and was not sure how much I would be able to go and hit 365 and thought I was done. I decided to give it some more effort and went up to 395 and was pretty stoked. So I thought why not add 10 more Lbs, and it took quite a bit of effort to get it off the pins but it went up and was able to get my 3! This is a PR for the low pin press. The rest went pretty good and should have went heavier on the EO DB ext. I did not do any shoulder work today due to the stress of the pin presses so will make them up tomorrow.

Energy was excellent but focus was off and recovery was good but I was slow today anyways. The pin presses really took a lot out of me for the rest of the workout but the supps kicked it back into gear and made some good lifts.

Comment

Workout #18

Exercise Training Log
                      1. Warmup Bench [ 3 Sets ]
                      15x45 | 10x135 | 5x225 | - | - | - |
                      2. Lo Pin Press [ 6 Sets ]
                      3x225 | 3x275 | 3x315 | 3x365 | 3x395 | 3x405 |
                      3. Smith CG Inc [ 4 Sets ]
                      5x225 | 5x275 | 5x315 | 5x365 | - | - |
                      4. Inc Cbl Fly [ 3 Sets ]
                      12x30 | 12x35 | 12x40 | - | - | - |
                      5. Flat EO DB Ext [ 4 Sets ]
                      5x80 | 5x100 | 5x120 | 5x120 | - | - |
                      6. Weighted Dips [ 4 Sets ]
                      BWx15 | 45x10 | 90x10 | 90x8 | - | - |

Felt pretty good today even though I got very poor sleep last night and had some bad dreams to boot. It was hard getting back on my diet after 4 days of being on vacation and eating like crap but I did make it through the day. But was craving some of the foods I had!

Started with lo pin presses (approx equal to a 2 board) and got to about 315 and was not sure how much I would be able to go and hit 365 and thought I was done. I decided to give it some more effort and went up to 395 and was pretty stoked. So I thought why not add 10 more Lbs, and it took quite a bit of effort to get it off the pins but it went up and was able to get my 3! This is a PR for the low pin press. The rest went pretty good and should have went heavier on the EO DB ext. I did not do any shoulder work today due to the stress of the pin presses so will make them up tomorrow.

Energy was excellent but focus was off and recovery was good but I was slow today anyways. The pin presses really took a lot out of me for the rest of the workout but the supps kicked it back into gear and made some good lifts.

Congrats on your PR! Everything looks great in here, not that I expected any less.
                      What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty
                        Congrats on your PR! Everything looks great in here, not that I expected any less.
                        Thanks, I can really feel it today. I usually don't but the low pin presses are the hardest except for starting right at bottom which isn't good to do.

Comment

Damn dude great job on the PR holy shit that is some crazy weight!!!!!!
                          MY GREEN MAG LOG
                          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Originally posted by cervasa1977
                            Damn dude great job on the PR holy shit that is some crazy weight!!!!!!

Thanks, hows the shoulder feeling?

Comment

Thanks, hows the shoulder feeling?
                              Good so far thank god, shoulders tomorrow so thats the real test!
                              MY GREEN MAG LOG
                              http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                              http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Originally posted by cervasa1977
                                Good so far thank god, shoulders tomorrow so thats the real test!
                                How long you been off? Take it easy your first day back.

Comment

Working...
                                X