• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout # 12

Light Back/BIs

Exercise Training Log
    1. 1 Arm Cbl Pull Downs [ 5 Sets ]
    15x60 | 10x100 | 10x120 | 10x140 | 10x160 | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Rev Grip Pull Downs [ 4 Sets ]
    10x12 | 10x14 | 10x16 | 10x16 | - | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. BB Curls [ 4 Sets ]
    10x45 | 10x75 | 10x95 | 10x115 | - | - |
    4. N Tbar [ 4 Sets ]
    10x315 | 10x365 | 10x405 | 10x455 | - | - |
    5. DB Hammer Curl [ 4 Sets ]
    10x30 | 10x40 | 10x45 | 7x45 | - | - |
    6. Smith Rear Shrugs [ 4 Sets ]
    10x225 | 10x275 | 10x315 | 10x315 | - | - |
    7. DB Side Laterals [ 3 Sets ]
    10x25 | 10x30 | 10x35 | - | - | - |
    8. DB Rear Flys [ 4 Sets ]
    10x40 | 10x45 | 10x45 | 10x45 | - | - |
    Exercise Training Log (ETL System Beta) - Provided by Hybrid-X
    Sign-up for email alerts of supplement testing & contest opportunities!

Another hot day here was around 107 so the gym was again very hot. The heat has really been getting to me especially since I was in it all weekend and then the hot temps this week so far. I have been really drained. On top of that I have been cutting down my carbs so I am also feeling the effects of that too. Was over all leery about my workout today before everything hit me, as I go to the gym I was pumped and ready to go. The feeling was the same as I was focused and took little rest between each set, just enough to write in my log and then drink some water. Tomorrow is an early AM workout so hopefully the gym will be cooler and not drain me so much afterwards.

Today I superset a lot of the bi/back exercises and then did a small 3 exercise circuit with the shrugs, side laterals, and DB rear flies. The pumps were absolutely amazing today and made it even hard sometimes to hold on to the bar. With WB and GG there is definitely a difference when you do higher volume, but you do get some great pumps with heavy and low volume too.

I have cut out my pre and post exercise carbs, and mid morning carbs. I will only be taking in extra carbs with my main meals and then whatever is in foods naturally like the fruit, shakes, and cottage cheese. I will be putting everything in to a spreadsheet to calculate everything out to see where I am and then maybe add or take away if need be.

Comment

Those are some monster pin presses. What do you estimate your RAW Max Bench at?

Comment

Originally posted by ozcoltsfan
        Those are some monster pin presses. What do you estimate your RAW Max Bench at?
        Some where around 455-475, I have not maxed out in a long time. I am training for a RAW power meet next june though.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
          Some where around 455-475, I have not maxed out in a long time. I am training for a RAW power meet next june though.
          Good Lord!!! That's some
          What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty
            Good Lord!!! That's some
            Thanks, when I was training for my last PL meet before my son was born I was pretty close to doing around 525 with a bench shirt on.

Comment

Thanks, when I was training for my last PL meet before my son was born I was pretty close to doing around 525 with a bench shirt on.
              Thats quite an accomplishment!!!
              What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

525!!!!!!!!!

asianbabe = 10% of ddawg

!!

Comment

Workout # 13

DE Chest

Exercise Training Log
                  1. BB Flat Bench [ 6 Sets ]
                  15x45 | 10x135 | 10x225 | 10x275 | 10x315 | 8x365 |
                  2. BB Decline [ 4 Sets ]
                  10x225 | 10x275 | 10x315 | 8x365 | - | - |
                  3. Standing Cbl Fly [ 3 Sets ]
                  10x35 | 10x40 | 10x45 | - | - | - |
                  4. DB Overhead Press [ 4 Sets ]
                  10x100 | 10x120 | 10x140 | 10x150 | - | - |
                  5. JM Presses [ 4 Sets ]
                  10x135 | 10x225 | 10x225 | 10x225 | - | - |

Was really impressed with today’s workout, I was feeling out if it all day since the past few days I have been kind of sick and had an acid reflux attack 2 nights ago (which wipes me out for a couple of days). I tell you what my preworkout stack has saved my but a few times. I had awesome energy, focus and determination today, there should have been no way I could have done what I did today with the way I was feeling. This stack rocks!!! And the pumps today were freakin crazy!

Now for the workout, I was really happy over all with my workout but there are a few disappointing points. All sets were again done with explosive movement and focusing on building speed strength. Reps were up on the entire BB flat bench and could have done 365 for 10 but I forgot my chalk and so my hands were constantly slipping on the bar. I had to adjust 2-3 times in the middle of the set and reps. I could not get comfortable and locked into position for declines so that was a bummer. Everything else was really good, I loved the JM Presses, it has been a long time since I have done them and man did they trash my tris.

I skipped my shoulder and will make them up tomorrow with my back/bis workout.
                  Last edited by ddawg91; 06-30-2006, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Workout # 14

Back/BIs (AM)

Exercise Training Log
                    1. High Pin Pulls [ 5 Sets ]
                    15x45 | 10x135 | 8x225 | 8x315 | 8x405 | - |
                    2. Bench Supported BB Rows [ 4 Sets ]
                    10x135 | 8x155 | 8x175 | 8x185 | - | - |
                    3. Rev Grip Cbl Curls [ 4 Sets ]
                    10x30 | 10x40 | 10x50 | 10x55 | - | - |
                    4. Preacher Cbl 21s [ 4 Sets ]
                    21x7 | 21x8 | 21x8 | 21x8 | - | - |
                    5. Hammer Iso Row [ 4 Sets ]
                    8x135 | 8x225 | 8x275 | 8x275 | - | - |
                    6. Alt Cabl Curl [ 3 Sets ]
                    8x60 | 8x70 | 8x80 | - | - | - |
                    7. Cbl Side Laterals [ 3 Sets ]
                    10x20 | 10x30 | 10x40 | - | - | - |

Today was another great workout even with only 3.5 hours sleep, wanted to go heavy but ended up doing reps instead. It did however get interrupted by an upset stomach (trying to figure that out) so that was a big let down. I had to watch most of my weights and go lighter than I wanted due to the fact of the upset stomach.

Today’s weights were pretty good and all exercises felt really good. Not much more to say except that I was bummed that I did not get to finish. I had tons of energy and strength, pumps were awesome, and everything was clicking.

Comment

Hey ddawg

Your workout still looks outstanding, but I understand how you feel. You stuck it out with the stomach upset and that counts for something dont ya think?!? Everytime I read your updates, Im just in awe over your stregnth & determination! Keep up the good work!
                      What typos?

Comment

Originally posted by Booty
                        Hey ddawg

Your workout still looks outstanding, but I understand how you feel. You stuck it out with the stomach upset and that counts for something dont ya think?!? Everytime I read your updates, Im just in awe over your stregnth & determination! Keep up the good work!

Yea I know, jsut I am pretty hard on myself and when I don't get what I was shooting for I get down on myself.

Thank you for the encouragement and complements, I don't get much of that.

I'm pretty impressed by your's too.

Comment

Yea I know, jsut I am pretty hard on myself and when I don't get what I was shooting for I get down on myself.

Thank you for the encouragement and complements, I don't get much of that.

I'm pretty impressed by your's too.
                          You're very welcome! This post touched home a bit, big reply to you in log about it. We all have them days ya know, the important thing is you still finished your workout.
                          What typos?

Comment

OMG I posted my updates in here! Thank God I looked and noticed they werent in my log! rofl I'm such a doof!
                            What typos?

Comment

LOL!

When I was reading my log the other night I thought I did the same in yours!!!

Comment

LOL!

When I was reading my log the other night I thought I did the same in yours!!!
                                haha thats great!
                                I kept looking trying to figure out where it went. Then I looked back in your log and found it.
                                What typos?

Comment

Working...
                                X