• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ddawg91
    Workout # 37

ME Bench

Exercise Training Log
    1. Warm up Bench [ 4 Sets ]
    10x45 | 10x135 | 10x185 | 5x225 | - | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. 4 Board Press [ 5 Sets ]
    5x275 | 5x315 | 5x365 | 5x405 | 5x455 | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. CG Decline [ 4 Sets ]
    5x225 | 5x315 | 5x405 | 5x405 | - | - |
    4. Standing Cable Flyes [ 3 Sets ]
    12x35 | 12x40 | 12x45 | - | - | - |
    5. Standing BB Overhead Ext [ 4 Sets ]
    10x60 | 10x80 | 10x115 | 10x135 | - | - |
    Exercise Training Log (ETL System Beta) - Provided by Hybrid-X
    Sign-up for email alerts of supplement testing & contest opportunities!

Well was pretty stoked all day for my workout, I had big hopes on some big numbers so that kept me pumped all day. I had tons of energy as I normally do on Mondays as I actually get enough sleep. I did get 6 hours last night so I was pretty happy with that but felt I could have used more.

I was over all happy with today’s workout even though the board presses were not as high as I would have liked but will take it as a success. I have never been able to unrack 405 or 455 by my self before so that was nice being able to do that. However that was as high as I was willing to go by my self for safety reasons, I did use the squat rack with the safety bars but still felt uneasy about it. The 455 was actually pretty easy and I probably could have gone up to 495 but there was no one that was able to spot me at that weight. The decline felt pretty good and strong and actually taxed me pretty good. I tried something new with BB overhead extensions, while the weight was pretty easy it did put a lot of pressure on the elbows so I am not sure if I will be doing them again or not.

Well I have some major thinking to do by next Monday on whether to continue my power training or not, I am getting up into weights that it would be unsafe to do without 1-3 spotters (preferably 3 when up in the 500s). So hopefully I can get some dependable people in there to help out. Other wise I will stay with a 2 body part split but just do heavy/ light days.
    Best wishes either way man... that does sound like a tough decision.

Comment

• Workout # 39

DE Bench

Exercise Training Log
      1. Warm up Bench [ 3 Sets ]
      45x20 | 135x10 | 185x8 | - | - | - |
      2. Soft Touch Bench CG [ 3 Sets ]
      8x225 | 8x225 | 8x225 | - | - | - |
      3. Soft Touch Bench MG [ 3 Sets ]
      4. Soft Touch Bench WG [ 3 Sets ]
      5. Smith Incline [ 4 Sets ]
      8x225 | 8x275 | 8x315 | 8x365 | - | - |
      6. Low Cbl Xover [ 3 Sets ]
      12x30 | 12x35 | 12x40 | - | - | - |
      7. JM Press [ 5 Sets ]
      10x45 | 10x135 | 8x185 | 8x225 | 8x275 | - |

Felt pretty good all day with pretty good energy until lunch when I ate some bad food that started to affect my stomach in a not so good way. I ended up getting pretty ticked off at some corporate politics crap so when I hit the gym I was pretty psyched but not really focusing on my workout, my mind was wandering.

Well I kind of over did my DE exercise and instead of 1 set of 8 for each grip I did 3 sets of 8 for each grip. Soft touch bench is when you bring the bar down and barely touch your shirt and then explode back up, well I modified it some and added a pause at the very bottom and really focused on the whole movement of the exercise. Even though I was off in space thinking about other things I was amazed that I was able to really focus like this at the same time.

Well needless to say that it really hit me hard and I probably could have called it quits there but I had some awesome endurance and drive today. Nothing really slowed me down and I could have gone on forever if I was not paying attention. I was really pleased with all of my weights and sets and left with a tremendous pump.

I was supposed to have an early AM workout but not sure I am going to make it.

Comment

• Workout # 40

Back/Bis

Exercise Training Log
        1. Rack Pulls [ 5 Sets ]
        8x135 | 8x225 | 8x315 | 8x405 | 5x495 | - |
        2. BB Rows [ 4 Sets ]
        8x135 | 8x225 | 8x275 | 8x275 | - | - |
        3. Straight Bar Cbl Curls [ 4 Sets ]
        10x10 | 10x12 | 10x14 | 10x15 | - | - |
        4. DB Rows [ 4 Sets ]
        8x100 | 8x120 | 8x130 | 8x150 | - | - |

Felt pretty decent today, still a little under the weather from yesterday. Preworkout energy was pretty good and was pretty amped to workout.

Rack pulls felt pretty easy but the closer I got to the end the worse I started to feel. 495 started out pretty good till the 3rd rep and then I squeezed out 2 more. Funny thing was as I started I felt as if I could have done 8 (which was my goal). As my workout progressed the worse I felt, so I did not finish my workout and went home.

At home I took my postworkout shake and then took a nap, well I almost got “sick” 3 times while sleeping in bed so I went to the couch and was better. Finally around 5 PM I was back to normal and able to eat around 7. Very weird day and ready for it to end.

Comment

• damng boyyy.. you're getting massive!

Comment

• We need some vids !!

Comment

• Originally posted by pu12en12g
              We need some vids !!
              One of these days.

Comment

• Workout # 41

Legs

Exercise Training Log
                1. Leg Curls [ 3 Sets ]
                20x6 | 20x7 | 18x8 | - | - | - |
                2. Leg Ext [ 3 Sets ]
                25x7 | 25x8 | 25x8 | - | - | - |
                3. SLDL [ 3 Sets ]
                15x95 | 15x115 | 15x135 | - | - | - |
                4. Lunges [ 4 Sets ]
                20exB | 20exB+5 | 20exb+5 | 20exb+5 | - | - |
                5. 1 Leg Press [ 4 Sets ]
                20x145 | 20x155 | 20x155 | 20x155 | - | - |
                6. Squat [ 4 Sets ]
                20x45 | 20x55 | 20x75 | 20x95 | - | - |

Was a morning workout and felt pretty good with lots of energy and focus. I did have some trouble on the exercises as I was feeling the effects for the rack pulls yesterday but managed to make it through. The burn came faster then normal and was tough to work through to get to the end (or close to it).

Not much else to report but had an awesome dinner that was Atlantic Wolf Fish stuffed with crab, shrimp, couple of kinds of cheese, and scallops. This was topped with a lemon butter sauce and garlic mashed potatoes. This was the best seafood I have ever ate.

Comment

Workout # 41

Legs

Exercise Training Log
                  1. Leg Curls [ 3 Sets ]
                  2. Leg Ext [ 3 Sets ]
                  3. SLDL [ 3 Sets ]
                  4. Lunges [ 4 Sets ]
                  6. Squat [ 4 Sets ]

Was a morning workout and felt pretty good with lots of energy and focus. I did have some trouble on the exercises as I was feeling the effects for the rack pulls yesterday but managed to make it through. The burn came faster then normal and was tough to work through to get to the end (or close to it).

Not much else to report but had an awesome dinner that was Atlantic Wolf Fish stuffed with crab, shrimp, couple of kinds of cheese, and scallops. This was topped with a lemon butter sauce and garlic mashed potatoes. This was the best seafood I have ever ate.
                  What type of squats were those D ?

Comment

Workout # 41

Legs

Exercise Training Log
                    1. Leg Curls [ 3 Sets ]
                    2. Leg Ext [ 3 Sets ]
                    3. SLDL [ 3 Sets ]
                    4. Lunges [ 4 Sets ]
                    6. Squat [ 4 Sets ]

DAMN BOYYY. super setting those squats huh.. i'm guessing quick and stablized ??

Comment

• Originally posted by pu12en12g
                      What type of squats were those D ?
                      I was amazed just how much the higher reps makes a difference. You start out strong till about 15 reps and it slows down big time after that. Plus all the high reps before that really wears them down.

Originally posted by jingzhe
                      DAMN BOYYY. super setting those squats huh.. i'm guessing quick and stablized ??
                      Not super setting but they are fast, explosive, and really focus on the movement. After the high reps from before you have to keep up the pace other wise you won't make it.

Also I have a left knee injury and this is a way to build some size but still go light. After about 13 reps there is a fire in my knee and I make it through. Each week it gets a little better.

Comment

• Cardio

Did about a half hour of wake surfing again today then later in the evening I did some bike sprints of 4 sets of 2 miles. Not sure the time but I averaged around 17 MPH each way.

Comment

• Workout # 42

Hell Week
                          Day 1

Chest/Abs

Exercise Training Log
                          1. Warm up Inc Bench [ 2 Sets ]
                          20x45 | 10x135 | - | - | - | - |
                          2. Inc Bench [ 6 Sets ]
                          6x225 | 6x225 | 6x225 | 6x225 | 6x225 | 6x225 |
                          3. Flat DB Press [ 6 Sets ]
                          6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 |
                          4. Standing Cable Flyes [ 6 Sets ]
                          6x35 | 6x35 | 6x35 | 6x35 | 6x35 | 6x35 |
                          5. Hammer Inc [ 6 Sets ]
                          6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 |
                          6. Ab Machine [ 6 Sets ]
                          6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 |

Well a lot happened today that made some changes in my workout for at least the week. I have cycled off Blue Up, White Blood, and ZMA and started taking Black Out at night. Felt really good today, mood was good and had pretty good energy all day. Was undecided about what routine I wanted to do today since I am at a point that I cannot continue to powerlift without spotters. Actually on my way to the gym I decided to stick with my routine and just to sets of 5 for awhile or just do 2 body parts a day. Well that changed when I got to the gym and everyone was on the equipment I use for my ME day. So I was in another dilemma and then decided why not try the new 6x Training Method, and that is what I did.

The trouble with the workout today is I did not calculate my 80% of my 6 rep max so It was a little trial and error and actually was pretty taxed for each exercise. I did however recover nicely between exercises and was able to perform at peak level each time. I was amazed at how doing 6 sets of 6 reps can tax you like that. I got an awesome workout and was pretty happy with the results.

I plan on running this for the next 1-2 weeks as there are some things that are coming up that could possibly screw up my normal schedule. So we will see how it goes.

Cardio

With this faster pace workout I was able to do 20 minutes of cardio afterwards. I did 20 minutes onthe Life Cycle Oliptical Trainer, this one is aclutally harder then the original ones.
                          Last edited by ddawg91; 08-23-2006, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• WOW.. incline reppin' that HEAVY-ASS WEIGHT!!! doing great man. 6 sets. holy 8) i'm guessing bulk? :P

Comment

• Originally posted by jingzhe
                              WOW.. incline reppin' that HEAVY-ASS WEIGHT!!! doing great man. 6 sets. holy 8) i'm guessing bulk? :P
                              Na just like lifting as heavy as I can. May do a true bulk this winter taking some Black Hole, can't wait to use if for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!

Comment

Na just like lifting as heavy as I can. May do a true bulk this winter taking some Black Hole, can't wait to use if for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!

im REALLY looking forward to the holidays with black hole as well

i think im permanetly adding BH to my cheat day supplementation

Comment

Working...
                                X