No announcement yet.

White Flood - The StoneColdTruth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's CRAZY man !! Keep your head up and you'll be back to 100% in no time !

Comment

Just a quick update on things in Stonecold's world.

Work gave me a few days off with Medical leave to allow me to heal up, which is good since the pain seems to get worse each day. My father-in-law tells me this means I'm healing, gotta get worse before better right? I haven't been back in the gym yet except to weigh in. 4lbs down since I took my IMPC pictures, I think my body knows it is in competition mode :P

Tomorrow is my birthday so I am going to try and get back in the gym for a bit as a present to myself, but that is all depending on the status of these migraines/dizzy spells I've been getting. I also have a doctor's appointment in the morning to try and find some way to alleviate some of this pain.

I hope everyone is doing well, I'm psyched the IMPC has grown by such leaps and bounds.

SCT
      Back to the basics!

Comment

Anyone think I was dead? Well NOT QUITE. I've been enjoying some recovery time from my accident, and today after I got my stitches removed I decided the break was over. I hit up the gym, waterproof bandaid and all.

--------------------------------------------------------

Supplements Taken:

Preworkout:
        2 scoops Controlled Labs White Flood
        2 scoops Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

Postworkout:
        2 scoops Anabolic Innovation's Whey Protein Isolate

Other:
        2500mg Bulk Cissus

-----------------------------------------------------------

Workout Scores:

Focus - 9/10 - My focus was thrown off a tad by my gym shorts rubbing against the skinned part of my knee. Aside from that, on point.

Endurance - 7/10 - I felt fatigued during my cardio, but weights felt solid.

Energy - 7/10 - Same situation as endurance here, I felt really strong on weights.. but had a crash on cardio. However, this is where pure will comes in to play, I suffered through.

Pumps - 9/10 - My triceps and calves (from skipping rope) were just insanely pumped, not much going on in bis though.

Pain from injury - 3/10 - My knee is still tender, so no full on running yet. But my knee felt fine on skipping.

----------------------------------------------------

Workout Details:

Lifting:
        4 sets of 6 Incline Bench Press (+5 increase)
        3 sets of 12 Bench Press
        3 sets of 15 Wide Grip Lat Pulldown (+10 increase)
        3 sets of 8 Seated Row
        3 sets of 15 Deathdefying Skullcrushers *see exercise description
        4 sets of 12 Shoulder Press (+5 increase)
        3 sets of 15 Spider Curls

Cardio:
        40 minutes basketball (shooting around)
        - Jog for misses
        - Walk for makes

Giant set of Skipping:
        - 50 skips
        - 1 lap around track

Workout Notes:
        For being my first workout back from injury it felt like a very solid workout and I was happy with the results. The cardio felt WAY harder than usual, but it was good to be challenged.

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

Before we begin today's log I must give a warning.

Due to the intense nature of the following cardio workout it is advised that young children and those faint of heart not attempt this at home, it is dangerous to your ego.

-----------------------------------------------

Workout Details:

Cycling:
          8 miles to Gym

Stepmill:
          15 minutes, 60 flights of floors

Walking:
          1 mile recovery walk @4.0mph

Cycling:
          8 miles Home

Legs = so heavy..

----------------------------------

Workout Scores:

Focus - 10/10 - If I could give this one an 11 I should would. I literally had to make up some mantra for the day and chant it to finish my stepmill. I have always thought I'm in pretty good shape when it comes to cardio, but DAMN.

Endurance - 9/10 - Despite my slow speed on the ride home, I still feel like I pushed it to the limit today.

Energy - 8/10 - The energy was strong and smooth at first, but I just hit a wall with the energy about 4 miles from home.. Those were four long miles.

Pain from injury - 2/10 - My knee was tender on the first few miles, after that I didn't notice it all day.

-------------------------------------

Supplements Taken:

Preworkout:
          3 scoops Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

Postworkout:
          2 scoops Protein

Other:
          2500mg Bulk Cissus
          Extra Bulk BCAAs later in the day

SCT
          Back to the basics!

Comment

Supplements Taken:

Preworkout -
            2 scoops White Flood
            1 scoop Purple Wraath

Other -
            Bulk Cissus 2500mg (upon waking, 8 hours later)
            Red Acid Gen 2 (4 hours postworkout)

Workout Scores:

Focus - 10/10 - I came, I saw, I conquered.

Endurance - 10/10 - The swim felt like I was a fish in water and the jumprope/laps felt so easy I seriously wished I had more time to punish myself.

Energy - 10/10 - I ate a tad closer to workout today due to time constraints and this seemed to have just RAMPED up my energy. Talk about an awesome workout.

Pumps - 10/10 - Again pumps in tris/shoulders while swimming and HUGE in the calves during jumprope.

----------------------------

Workout Details:

Swim -
            - 1/4 mile total
            - 50 warmup
            - 100 kickboard
            - 100 6 kick rolls
            - 100 freestyle w/ fins
            - 50 pull bouy
            - 50 cooldown

Skipping-
            5 sets of 50 skips + 1 lap around track

Cardio Notes -

I had intended to hit up the stepmill from hell again today, but both of them were taken and so I just did the jump rope extravaganza. Tomorrow will FOR SURE be some stepmilling, and either running/swimming/biking.

SCT
            Back to the basics!

Comment

Supplements Taken:

Preworkout -
              2 scoops White Flood
              1 scoop Purple Wraath

Other -

Workout Scores:

Focus - 10/10 - Even with some technical issues (mp3 player running out of batteries, bike computer messing up on ride home) I had a nice solid workout and KILLED the hills on the bike.

Endurance - 10/10 - The swim made me seriously think I was a fish in a past life, I was gliding through the water and though my triceps and shoulders were tired by the end, my endurance I've gained just let me power through it.

Energy - 8/10 - I hit the energy wall on the final hill by the house, that pissed me off. I believe it was due to too long of a workout.

Workout Details:

Cycling -
              - 8 miles to gym

Swim -
              - 500 distance
              - 150 drill/cooldown

Basketball -
              - 30 minutes total
              - Run for misses
              - Walk for makes

Cycling -
              - 8 miles home

Cardio Notes -

The bike trails were PACKED today, which meant lots of 'on your left' coming from me. Nobody passed me today, but I quit counting how many bikers I zoomed by at 80.. yeah, that's right. I'm a bad man. No stepmill today, because well, I would have died.

SCT
              Back to the basics!

Comment

Supplements Taken:

Preworkout -
                2 scoops White Flood
                1 scoop Purple Wraath

Other -

Workout Scores:

Focus - 10/10 - With the kind of focus I had, I only wish I had more time to spend in the gym today.

Endurance - 10/10 - I believe I pushed myself to the limits today on weights, and found a new 'level' of me. I did a grueling weights workout and my body was like, ok cardio time, hehe.

Energy - 10/10 - It was like an endless flow of energy flowing into my body.

Pumps - 10/10 - I only did 2 sets of spider curls, but I swear the bicep peak was INSANE. Also, my calves were just insane. My lats even had a strong pump going on, as well as my pecs.

Workout Details:

Weights -
                Incline DB Press 4x6
                Bench Press 2x10 (+10 increase)
                Lat Pulldown 3x8 (+10 increase)
                Seated Row 3x10
                Horizontal Machine Squats 4x6
                Trap Bar Skullcrushers --- new exercise, freaking love this.
                Seated Calf Raises 4x10
                Standing Calf Raises 1x15 (full stack)
                Leg Extensions 4x10
                Thigh Abductor 4x10 (hit 175 on it, woohoo)
                Thigh Adductor 4x10 (hit 150 on it, woohoo)

As you can see, it was an intense workout. Rest periods were almost non-existant due to only having an hour to do this workout. I came, I lifted, I almost puked, I went home.

SCT
                Back to the basics!

Comment

Supplements Taken:

Preworkout:

Postworkout:
                  2 scoops Anabolic Innovation's Whey Protein Isolate (Chocolate and Banana)

Other:
                  2500mg Bulk Cissus
                  2 caps Red Acid Gen 2 (4 hours postworkout)

Workout Scores:

Focus - 10/10 - I think that my body and mind have both moved to another level of focus and keying in with the mind/muscle connection.

Endurance - 10/10 - Despite the fact that the swim was shorter, I felt like I could have gone all day. Keep in mind that was AFTER the basketball game but BEFORE the stairs.

Energy - 10/10 - I could still run out and do the same workout again and have energy left, ya dig?

Workout Details:

Basketball
                  - 15 minutes shooting around
                  - 1 on 1 game w/ faster, younger, and technically better player
                  - Win game 12 - 10

Swimming
                  - 100 warmup
                  - 300 drills
                  - 50 cooldown
                  - 100 kickboard
                  - 100 6-kick roll
                  - 100 pull bouy
                  - 1/4 mile total

Stairclimber
                  - 10 minutes
                  - 40 floors

Workout Notes - I was on the stairclimber next to a fireman who was taking his fit test on the stairclimber, he and I got to talking afterwards and told me that with my type of endurance (apparently outdoing him on the stairs is endurance) that once I cut weight I should check out the fireman program here in town.

A good day, now to scarf food and get ready for work.

SCT
                  Back to the basics!

Comment

Ramblings:

Upon waking today I knew that something was different today than all of the other days that came before. It wasn't a monumental change, but more a suble shifting that was taking place. I rose from bed, eating as normal, getting ready for the gym as normal, discussing our time management with my sister-in-law as normal.. but something just wasn't normal.

It wouldn't be until I got to the gym that it really hit me. I am an emotional guy, no hiding it. In fact, that was the reason I made up the username Stonecoldtruth, to shield myself from some of my vunerabilities. But today I have felt like full force. The VT tragedy has been lingering in the back of my mind over the past couple of days and today I realized that it effected me more than I had realized. Do I have a right to be effected by it though? I mean I know NOBODY who was injured/killed personally, but I feel a sense of sadness for their families. I feel as if my life has been put back into perspective by the events that happened to others. Many of the things I had been stressing about the past few days just seemed unimportant now, and the phrase 'live for today' came into clear focus in my mind.

It is with that in mind that I have decided that my first Triathlon, the Dakotaman on June 16th, will be dedicated to the victims and their families of the VT tragedy. Call me campy, cheesy, dorky, whatever.. but it rings true and right in my heart.

Workout Stuff:

Supplements Taken:

Preworkout:

Postworkout:
                    2 scoops Anabolic Innovation's Whey Protein Isolate

Other:
                    2500mg Bulk Cissus
                    2 Caps Red Acid Gen 2 (4 hours later)

Workout Scores:

Focus - 8/10 - During swimming I was sharing a lane with one of the 1:30 100 yarders, which means I quite literally was watching him fly by me over and over. This became distracting and annoying.

Endurance - 10/10 - Can't stop me nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Energy - 10/10 - Elevated and smooth, not even a slight crash, just a cool rampdown

Pumps - 10/10 - Doing jumprope/running before swimming, and trap-bar skullcrushers, led to some INSANE freaking pumps.

Workout Details:

Basketball
                    - 30 minutes shooting around
                    - Run for misses
                    - Walk for makes
                    - If I missed a shot, I'd shoot freethrows until I made one (to work on free throw accuracy)
                    - 1 on 1 game to 12, Lost 9-12 to Billy, a new friend

Skipping
                    - 25 skips
                    - Superset with 1 lap around track
                    - 12 total supersets
                    - I've been walking these laps, but today I ran a few and think I'll start running all of them

Weights
                    - 2 sets of 15 trap bar skullcrushers
                    - 1 set of 6 HEAVY trap bar skullcrushers

Swimming
                    - 450 total
                    - 100 warmup
                    - 200 kickboard (calves HATED me)
                    - 100 6-kick roll
                    - 50 pull bouy cooldown

Workout Notes:
                    If it weren't for the speedy swimmer next to me I might have done more swimming, I certainly had it in me, I have to realize that what he is doing has NO effect on me at all.

SCT
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

While I know everyone will be sad to hear it, this log will be coming to an end shortly. I gave out quite a few doses of my White Flood to some members of the Sioux Empire Bike Club because they were looking for something to help with endurance. Even though I don't think White Flood is persay a great sample supplement, they all loved it. Because of this my jug is running near empty. Once the jug is done I'll conclude the log and write a thorough review.

SCT
                      Back to the basics!

Comment

Product Thoughts:

I should preface this review by stating that, in general, I am NOT a fan of N.O. based products. I still have a few bottles of White Blood that I haven't used just because me and N.O. products aren't real close like that.
                        However, based on some of the additions to this product that you don't see in a typical N.O. Preworkout product, I came into this log with an open mind.

Between Beta-Alanine, Glucuronolactone, GABA, and Octacosanol, I was impressed with the properties of the product before even taking the initial dose. However, I've been impressed with many formulations to end up being severly disappointed in the end results. With that in mind, we jump into the meat of the review.

It is essential when reading this review to understand that my goals are different from that of most people you will find on this site. My primary goal is to build endurance, my secondary goal is to drop fat, and then and only then is my focus to retain muscle mass/strength. This leads to me doing a lot of cardio, and more of a maintenance weight routine. Add onto the complex nature of my program that I am overweight.

How did White Flood relate to my goals:

Endurance - The progressive nature of my cardio program really put this portion of the product to the test. I can easily say that my endurance was greatly improved by adding White Flood to my routine. I had previously used only Purple Wraath for endurance purposes, and found that adding White Flood to the mix was very synergestic. I must say that this is the most effective 1-2 punch I've had to date.

Weight Loss - While there is not a real direct correlation between White Flood and fat loss persay, the effects White Flood exhibited on my workouts allowed me to keep up intensity while operating in a deep caloric deficit, which focused on exercise induced deficit > food deficit. Because of this, my weight during the log initially went UP. I know, UP YOU SAY!? This was due to the fact that White Flood enabled me to increase my workload and at first I didn't increase consumption enough to even it out. Once I upped calories my weight began to drop again. The total weight loss during the log was 14.2lbs.

Muscle Sparing/Strength - Although I do not have bodyfat readings for before and after I can tell that the majority of the weight lost was based on non-muscle sources. My strength increased on nearly every lift and my recovery time was GREATLY improved. I believe that the glycogen sparing addition of Octacosanol was a key factor for the success of this product. Finally, I must note that the pumps delivered by this product were just insane. I normally do not experience much of a 'pump' when using N.O. products, and as such was pleasantly suprised.

And now on to some scores and ratings:

Taste - 8/10 - While the flavor 'grew on me', I feel that a flavor other than 'Electric Lemonade' would have worked better for this product. I'm a HUGE fan of the flavoring of Green Magnitude by Controlled Labs, so maybe take something from that page and make a 'stronger' flavor. I realize that the ingredients flavored in this product are hard to mask, but if anyone can do it.. :P

Price - 10/10 - A 1.21lb container, which contains 50+ servings, runs for $39.99 on the bb.com superstore. So at just about 80 cents a workout, I can safely say that this is a 10.

Overall - 9.25/10 - The addition of caffeine to the mix threw me off. I understand the goal of trying to have a single main preworkout supplement, but for me the caffeine was just unneccesary and made it more difficult to stack it with some products I might have otherwise combined. Aside from that, the ONLY thing it lost points on was the flavoring, not bad but not great.

Would I buy this product? Yes, I will be purchasing a bottle soon!

SCT
                        Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                        X